<2000 looking for blood angels ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking for blood angels ideas

I basically until recently have played mainly fantasy but my store is doing more 40k sales and i wanted to get into it a well so i started around january with an escalation league. right now we are 1250 pts going to 1500 and then 2000 pts. the only restriction is that your hq can have a different loadout but has to stay with your army until he is dead. right now i have a librarian and astorath. this may have been a bad call as i added astorath and then realized i have to have him in or kill him off in game.

anyways we have alot of dark eldar players and all i can do is tie them i can't get that final umph out of my angels so im looking for some constructive advice. i have a stormraven, a rino and a landraider crusader. i have found the raider to be useless as the dark lances make the armour 12 anyways but the storm raven destroys!

i will list what else i have and if anyone has any ideas maybe you could post some ideas.

18 - tac marines
    5 - scouts
    6 - devastators
    1 - dreadnought
    5 - assault marines
    5 - death company w/ packs
    5 - death company
    1 - the sanguinor
    5 - sang guard
    6 - bikes
    1 - speeder
    1 - landraider
    1 - storm raven
    1 - librarian
    1 - rhino
    10 - termies (5 assault, 5 combat)

Army-Win-Loss-Draw-Massacre/Dark Elves-18-2-0-15/Wood Elves-3-1-0-1/Lizardmen-2-2-0-1/Vampire Counts-2-3-1-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Dreadnoughts are great against DE due to their lack of high strength close combat weapons. Put him in the storm raven and watch this duo kill!
    Also try and get some. More transports . You have quite a few infantry but only 2 transports
    apart from that I would. Just try a couple of different lists and see what you can make work

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Dreadnoughts are great against DE due to their lack of high strength close combat weapons. Put him in the storm raven and watch this duo kill!
    Also try and get some. More transports . You have quite a few infantry but only 2 transports
    apart from that I would. Just try a couple of different lists and see what you can make work

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

HQ:280
    Captain, Power Sword = 115
    Honour Guard, Rhino= 165

Troops:365
    10x Tactical Squad, Las Cannon, Plasma Gun= 190
    10x Tactical Squad, Missle Launcher, Melta-gun= 175

Elites: 145
    5x Sterngaurd, 2x Plasma Cannons= 145

Heavy Support: 210
    1x Dreadnought, Multi-melta, stormbolter= 105

you could start with this kind of list at around 1000 points. if you want to play with 250 more you could add or take away whatever you want.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by mr.darkness View Post
    I don't think this is the best advice. DLs will rip apart dreads and are extremely efficient at taking out armor in general. A stormraven will not last too long either and is extremely expensive unless you can deploy second and park it far away. Fire a twLC at one ravager/raider and all of the blood strikes at the other.

Venerable dreads work well, but we don't have access to them. What we do have access to is cheap dev squads. Fast razorbacks, fast baal preds, and deep striking meltaguns/plasma guns.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by juggulator View Post
    HQ:280
    Captain, Power Sword = 115
    Honour Guard, Rhino= 165

Troops:365
    10x Tactical Squad, Las Cannon, Plasma Gun= 190
    10x Tactical Squad, Missle Launcher, Melta-gun= 175

Elites: 145
    5x Sterngaurd, 2x Plasma Cannons= 145

Heavy Support: 210

you could start with this kind of list at around 1000 points. if you want to play with 250 more you could add or take away whatever you want.
    MMs are not great against DE with those pesky nightfields. Riffleman dreads would work wonders though.

+ Reply to Thread