<1000 Hybrid list for casual pick up games 1000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Hybrid list for casual pick up games 1000

I was trying to think of a portable list with a small foot print that would be conducive to casual play on work nights. The object is to have a compact competitive list that can play relatively quickly. This is what I came up with.

HQ:

CCS: Camo Cloaks, Lascannon, Standard

Troops:

Infantry Platoon:
    PCS: 4x Melta, Chimera
    IS: Autocannon, Meltagun, Commissar
    IS: Autocannon

Infantry Platoon:
    PCS: 4x Melta, Chimera
    IS: Autocannon, Meltagun, Commissar
    IS: Autocannon

Fast Attack:

Hellhound: Hull MM

Hellhound: Hull MM

This clocks in at 995. The odd 5 points will most likely go for a meltabomb for some lucky officer.

Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I'd drop the Cloaks on the CCS and get a Chimera. I also like them having Special Weapons as opposed to Heavy Weapons, because they will always be in range for the best Orders and they have a good BS for mass shots.

You can ditch the Commissars, they're not very good and the Banner has your back. You can use those points for a CCS Chimera/Guns or w/e you want. I'd also switch the Melta in the ICS to a GL, it's nice to have similar weapons in the same squad.

Hell Hounds are cool, friendly choice.

Looks fine to me with some minor tweaks, very hybrid and not cheesy.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    I'd drop the Cloaks on the CCS and get a Chimera. I also like them having Special Weapons as opposed to Heavy Weapons, because they will always be in range for the best Orders and they have a good BS for mass shots.

You can ditch the Commissars, they're not very good and the Banner has your back. You can use those points for a CCS Chimera/Guns or w/e you want. I'd also switch the Melta in the ICS to a GL, it's nice to have similar weapons in the same squad.

Hell Hounds are cool, friendly choice.

Looks fine to me with some minor tweaks, very hybrid and not cheesy.
    I can go either way on the CCS. I went with the cloaks for cost, and being able to use the IS as cover. I could easily drop the Lascannon for a triplet of grenade launchers.

The commisars are there to improve order retention and add some tarpit function, but 70 points in a list of this size is significant. Another option I had considered was a squadron of two scout sentinels with multilasers. I could also use an armored sent with an autocannon and an HK missile to tie up assault troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

A Sentinel isn't going to tie up many assault units for long, it doesn't have killing power and AV10, even on a Walker in CC, goes down. I still like them though, cheap firepower. The best tarpit IG has is dying immediately and shooting again.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I'd go with the scout sentinels, also the hellhound multi meltas at this level probobly arent necessary. You could drop them and the camo cloaks and take a chimera for the company command.

Then i'd drop their lascannon and banner giving you 35 more points, give them the meltaguns from a PCS, who can then take 4 flamers.

As PoE said switch the IS meltaguns to grenade launchers.

With the last 15pts... upgrade sentinels to autocannons and either a meltabomb or krak grenades on a command squad.

Edit: PoE you can be a prince or a ninja, but not both :p
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I am prince of ninjas!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Someone wants to have his cake and eat it too.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I am ALSO Prince of Cakes. I'm freakin' royalty man, it's a hard knocks life.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin vanrooyen View Post
    I think the tiara detracts from stealth

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin vanrooyen View Post
    I'd go with the scout sentinels, also the hellhound multi meltas at this level probobly arent necessary. You could drop them and the camo cloaks and take a chimera for the company command.

It's how they are modeled. It also adds some range to anti armor threat

Then i'd drop their lascannon and banner giving you 35 more points, give them the meltaguns from a PCS, who can then take 4 flamers.

If I were going to operate them in a forward role, I'd agree, but they are intended to support the platoons with orders. I think that the banner is of significant worth in this list. The lascannon is optional, I think that 3 grenade lanchers would be just as good for mid range fire support. This would save 5 points and allow for a flamer or GL in each platoon

As PoE said switch the IS meltaguns to grenade launchers.
    The meltas in the IS (not that there are only one in each platoon) are for anti-tank shock purposes. Locally, people have squeezed Land Raiders into 1000 point lists.

With the last 15pts... upgrade sentinels to autocannons and either a meltabomb or krak grenades on a command squad.

I think that I'm inclined to do the multilaser thing on a pair of scout sentinels in lieu of the commissars. The volume of str 6 fire should draw at least some heat away from scoring units.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast