<2000 1500P Blood Angels, noob first attempt need help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500P Blood Angels, noob first attempt need help!

Hey peeps, just started with warhammer, I purchased a battleforce a couple of weeks ago, and now it's painted so it's time for the next step, creating my first army list. This is what i have in mind, i would appreciate all feedback:

HQ:
    Reclusiarch: 158
    -Stormbolter
    -Jump Pack
    -Crozius

Elite:
    Librarian Dreadnought: 175
    Powers: Might of Heroes:Wings of Sangunius

Troops:
    Assault Squad ( 10 ): 225
    -Powerfist
    -Meltagun

Assault Squad ( 10 ): 225
    -Powerfist
    -Meltagun

Tactical Squad ( 10 ): 190
    Meltagun
    Powerweapon
    Missile launcher

Death Company (5): 115
    1 Powerweapon

Death Company Dreadnought: 135
    Blood Talons
    Meltagun
    Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support:
    Stormraven Gunship: 270
    Extra Armour
    Typhoon Missiles
    Sponsons

Total: 1493 Points

The list doesnt have to good in tournaments (cause am still a beginner) but hopefully it's decent enough for fun games at the local club? So please help me figure out if this is a decent list to start with?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Welcome to the hobby! Alrighty, let's get to work dissecting this list to see what's good and what needs a little work. Your choice of HQ I like a lot, because Reclusiarchs are badass and have rules to back it up. The storm bolter, however, is a bit of a waste. The Reclusiarch's strong point is assault and that storm bolter will eat up one of his attacks. Pistol + Crozius is a solid combo in and on itself and makes the Reclusiarch a monster in assault. To prevent him getting stuck against -say- a Dreadnought, I've heard some people give him a Power Fist instead of a pistol. granted, that also eats up one attack from him, but it increases his options by quite a lot.

The Furioso Librarian and his chosen powers are solid, nothing else to it =)

Troops-wise, you've got some good choices there. Do you plan on combat Squading the Tacticals? If the answer is no, then I'd recommend dropping the meltagun in favor of a flamer to get your Reclusiarch a Powerfist or alternatively an extra meltagun to one of the Assault Squads.

I suppose the Death Company and their Dreadnought will be flying around in the Stormraven? I've seen the Stormraven in action (a friend of mine owns two) and so far he has not been pleased with their performance at all... they are hard to hide, cost a whole bundle (both points and money) and aren't nearly as tough as Land Raiders which cost about the same. You might get more bang for your buck by either placing the DC into a Land Raider of some sort and then fidgeting around with points to get the DC-Dread a drop pod, or plant the DC into a Rhino, the DC-Dread into a pod and then using the remaining points to beef up the numbers of the DC.

Hope this helps you along!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

The above is solid advice but vie got a few things to add.
    Leave the tac squad as is but give it a transport, probably a rhino.
    The death company needs another power weapon.
    The reclusiarch doesn't need a power fist and also you should. Remove the jump pack. He should be with the DC in the stormraven so doesn't need it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice, some extra info from my side: Am not gonna drop the stormraven, i really like the model that's why i want to play it, while creating this list with the local club members they said to play the reclusiarch in a assault squad would be great therefore it needs a jumppack to keep up with them(your thought?) and am still thinking of removing the meltagun from the tactical squad for a flamer, what would be better? And it's no problem to drop the stormbolter from the reclusiarch if its a waste op points as u guys say

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reclusiarch will make your AS fearless (which can be dangerous if you lose the combat round) and let them reroll misses. The DC is already fearless but he'll let them reroll misses and wounds. I'd put him with the DC to make them more dangerous.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

i own 2 stormravens, kinda wish id have vindicators instead, but im kinda stuck with 2 of them,. they are surprisingly efficient at killing terminators and monstrous creatures, and if you arm them properly they can pretty much tackle anything in the game. they are quite fragile, which is why you cant put all your hope on this one unit, kinda like all you eggs in one basket kinda thing.

+ Reply to Thread