Librarium Online Forums banner

1750 Space wolves, competitive army

<2000 
388 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  veringmeier 
#1 ·
Hy there,

I've been playing space wolves for quite some time now, and I've always thought vindicators were my way to go. But recently (read finally) I came to the conclusion my vindi's weren't performing the way they should in an army like mine. This made me make a new list, maybe it's a lot more common, I'm pretty sure of it, but I must say I did some serious thinking for it. Here goes,

HQ
Rune Priest, jaws of the world wolf, murderous hurricane

ELITES
4 WG, 4 PF, 4 CM

TROOPS
8 Grey Hunters, meltagun, rhino
9 Grey Hunters, meltagun, rhino
9 Grey Hunters, meltagun, rhino
9 Grey Hunters, meltagun, drop pod

FAST ATTACK
4 Thunderwolves, 1) TH 2) SS, MB 3) SS 4) nothing
Landspeeder, multi-melta, heavy flamer
Landspeeder, multi-melta, heavy flamer

HEAVY SUPPORT
5 Long Fangs, 4 missile launchers

As you can see, I've got 12 missiles, which is an amount I've never used, or faced. So I don't know how it works, but they seem very good. Better than first-blown-up-vindi's. Also, I needed a punchy unit, something better in combat than grey hunters, so the TWC returned. I've thought about the SS's, and I think I'm gonna try 2, as 4 isn't needed and this way I still have wound allocation. The 4th grey hunter unit is in a drop pod, since it took to much time to arrive in my opponents line, I thought, why not start there? I hope this will put my opponent a little bit in the corner, since the grey hunters in his deployment zone must be destroyed, or they will cause some havoc, which they will do anyway in the first turn.

Please don't hesitate to post what you think is right or wrong, any criticism or approval is welcome :fingers-crossed:

thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
You're completely right about that, though I hoped to counter it with the drop pod unit. Their melta's could prove valuable in the first turn, if they kill that Leman Russ or destroy that dreadnought, some firepower will be gone, and more missiles from the Long Fangs means there are probably more tanks of my opponents going down. Though if the first turn goes to my opponent, I'm probably screwed. But I would've been anyway, also with vindicators.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.