<2000 SW 1750 tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SW 1750 tourney list

i am thinking of using this list at a tournament in april, though i am not trying to be uber competitive.

so here goes

HQ

wolf lord- frost blade, belt of russ, runic armour, saga of majesty- 185

rune priest- plasma pistol- 115

ELITES

dreadnought- 105

TROOPS

10 blood claws- meltagun, plasma pistol- 170

10 grey hunters- plasma pistol. power fist, 2x meltaguns, rhino- 230

10 grey hunters- power fist, 2x plasma guns, rhino- 220

10 grey hunters- power weapon, 2x plasma guns, rhino- 210

HEAVY SUPPORT

land raider crusader- multimelta, extra armour- 275

vindicator- dozer blade- 120

vindicator- dozer blade- 120

total 1750 approx

just note, the rune priest/ wolf lord jump in the raider with the space pups

this seems decent to me...

any comments!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

It's not bad, though it's nothing fantastic. I suggest getting some fire support elements into your army - typhoon speeders would probably be ideal for you.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

It looks like you want an assault build with the feel of last Editions book. That's workable.

Wolf Lord looks good but I'd rather put a Storm Shield on him and drop the Saga, or Bear if you think he will be up against S8+ a lot.

Priest can go naked, Pistol adds nothing to him.

If the Bloodclaws go in the Raider, I'd go with a Crusader instead. They also need a Wolfguard for PF support, and don't bother giving them any guns. Also a Wolf Priest is good support for them because of their bad WS but a Wolfguard and a character will work out fine.

Does the Dread have a MM and PF? If so he needs to be in a Pod, that's a close range build. If he has some longer range weapons then he's fine.

Never give a GH a PF, it only gets one attack. Use WolfGuard and put PWs on the actual GH. It's usually better to have 9 +1 Wolfguard even though you lose the extra gun. GHs are also the best company for a Rune Priest since you have no Long Fangs. I'd go with 2 Melta squads and 1 Plasma squad but it's not that big a deal. Lose the Pistols.

Heavy Support looks good.

I don't think you'll be super competitive even if you optomize the build you have in mind, which is what you wanted so no harm there. You'd just end up with a more fun to play army, in my opinion.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know this is an old thread now, but this army did actually work! and i came 5th in the tournament itself! quite good saying this was my second ever tourney...

i did move a few things around but most of the list stayed the same

the land raider crusader did do quite well, i am amazed at how folks ignored it, until the blood claws jumped out for a little fun, the vindis did ok as well killing quite a bit before getting it in the neck. the dread, ok he may only be a basic one but in the second game he held up three killa kanz for most of the game, they couldn't touch him...

the infantry did well, indeed most folks couldn't deal with them properly, especially when you play the ig at their own game by shooting out of rhinos... and in the first game the guard player tried to take out a full gh squad in cover in close combat to say it didn't go well for him is an understatement.

overall though i am stunned at how well i did, i think the folks at my gaming club have taught me well, indeed i finished ahead of my friend who won the tourney last year with his orks, though another ork army won the tourney showing how orks still can kick butt.

strangley, the blood angles player's who were there have given me an idea for my Grey Knights but that is another story.

+ Reply to Thread