<2000 2000p BA MECH - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000p BA MECH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000p BA MECH

I'm planning to start a new BA army. Here's my 2000pts list:

HQ
    Librarian (100pt)

Troops
    10 Assault Marines (450pt)
    Meltagun, Flamer, Infernus Pistol, Power weapon + LR Redeemer w/ Multimelta

2 x 5 Assault marines (2 x 160pt)
    w/ Meltagun, Infernus Pistol, Power weapon + 2 Razorbacks w/ TLHF

2 x 5 Assault marines (2 x 145pt)
    w/ Meltagun, Infernus Pistol + 2 Razorbacks w/ TLHB

Fast
    3 Ball Predators (3 x 145pt)
    w/ TLAC, HB Sponsons

Heavy
    3 Predators (3 x 135pt)
    w/ AC, LC Sponsons

My questions:
    What’s your opinions on LR Redeemer/Crusader and which one fits best in my army?

Is TW Heavy Flamer at all a viable option for a Razorback? (Or is the range to short?)

What do you think of the Baal's sponsons? Should I opt for the Inferno Cannon?

Any other comments are also welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Looks pretty good to me but i think that you need to decide whether you are going to form a sort of fast gunkine with all your tanks and shoot at them for as ling as possible then counter attack with your assault marines.
    OR are yu going to rush forwards and use the tanks as support.
    Once you answer that i can tell you more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks pretty good to me but i think that you need to decide whether you are going to form a sort of fast gunkine with all your tanks and shoot at them for as ling as possible then counter attack with your assault marines.
    OR are yu going to rush forwards and use the tanks as support.
    Once you answer that i can tell you more

Well, I guess you define my problem quite well..

In a way I would want to be able to do both. But I understand that that’s not possible, at least against a competitive opponent. So I guess I have to choose. On the other hand I would like to have both options to a certain amount (I mean who can resist the urge to crush an Imperial gun line with assaults?). But mainly I see the Infantry as support troops for my tanks (backup when things get messy and personal, and for objectives). In the end it gets down to the question if my army could pull off an assault, or if I just have to settle with the mobile gun line. As I haven’t tried BA for my self, that’s why I would like to know your opinions of the LR Redeemer/Crusader and Razorback with TLHB or THHF.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

2000 points and no death company? what? why? Baal Pred seems to have a good load out, but whats it's role going to be, once you decide on that you can decide on the armaments. If you ditch the 3 preds you can take 2 storm ravens, then load them with your feisty assault marines and save yourself some transport costs and have a good gun base and a fast way to get them into melee to start busting heads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juggulator I said the same thing when I saw this list. NO DEATH COMPANY AT 2K!?! WHAT IS THIS!?!
    But in all honesty I would can a few things.

1. Take out the 10 man AS squad for a 6-8 man Death Company squad. They just wreck face in CC.

2. If you put in DC, put them with a Chaplain (Reroll hits and wounds!!), and put the Librarian in the squad too. Can anyone say Deathstar!!

3. Take your Deathstar and put them in a Raven or the Crusader.

4. The only long range support you have are the Preds (And Storm Raven if you take it). I would drop the heavy flamers on the razorbacks and get the las-plas/TL las on it.

I would not take the inferno cannon/heavy flamer on anything not unless I was playing against Orks/Nids, and maybe IG. Everything else has a good enough armour save to shrug it off. Plus the point could and should be used else were. That's all I got to say.
    Last edited by Duke of Toast; March 28th, 2011 at 12:56.

+ Reply to Thread