<2000 Raven Guard Drop Pods - 1750 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    15 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

720 (x8)

Raven Guard Drop Pods - 1750 pts

I've been playing around with the idea of how to update my list (keeping the newest Codexes in mind) and still keep the original concept of it. The first thing I did was getting rid of Vanguard, replacing them with more durable CC (Ironclad Dreadnought), psychic defence (Librarian) and the two Land Speeder Storms I've always wanted for my Scouts. Doing this, I've come up with following list:

Venerable Dreadnought w/assault cannon
    Drop pod

Ironclad Dreadnought
    Drop pod

Tactical Squad (10 men) w/Pfist, melta, missile
    Drop pod

Tactical Squad (10 men) w/Pfist, melta, missile
    Drop pod

Assault Squad (10 men) w/Pfist, meltabomb

Scout Squad (5 men) w/PW, meltabomb, CCWs
    Land Speeder Storm

Scout Squad (5 men) w/PW, meltabomb, CCWs
    Land Speeder Storm

+50 points left over.

Now for the questions...

What to do with the leftover 50 points? a) Upgrade Librarian to Epistolary, b) Upgrade Librarian to Terminator + Storm Shield, c) Put multi-meltas on the Storms and heavy flamer on Ironclad, d) Put heavy flamers on Storms and upgrade Libby to Terminator (sans SS). e) Something totally else

Which powers would be best for the Librarian? I'm thinking of running him with one of the tactical squads so there are lots of possibilities... Force Dome for the Squad, Null Zone maybe? More dakka? Or make him the guy that enemy doesn't want to assault?

Last edited by Polaria; March 26th, 2011 at 12:24.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

+ Reply to Thread