<2000 Space Wolves 1500 Competitive hybrid list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Wolves 1500 Competitive hybrid list

Hey guys this is my newest 1500 point space wolves list and wanted to see what you guys think of it. I have played 2 games at my LGS with this list so far and have tabled my opponent in both. Mind you that one was against a good chaos player with a not so good list and the other player was a little off in the head. Anyways the wolf guard with the power armor each go in a rhino with the grey hunters and the rest go in the drop pod with the rune priest. I expect some responses of drop the heavy bolters but where I play literally a third of the people are playing dark eldar and the heavy bolters are amazingly effective against both raiders and their infantry. So here is the list.

HQ
    rune priest: termie armor, combi melta, wolf tail talisman, living lightning, jaws

Elites
    x6 wolf guard: termie amor, th, ss; termie armor, th, ss: termie armor, frost axe, ss; termie armor, cf, hf, ss; plas pistol, wolf claw; frost axe; drop pod

Troops
    x9 grey hunters: pf, melta, rhino
    x10 grey hunters: pf, melta, plas gun, drop pod

Fast Attack
    land Speeder: hf, mm

Heavy Support
    vindicator: dozer blade
    long fangs: 2 ml, 2 hb

Last edited by mellvins059; March 29th, 2011 at 05:34. Reason: forgot about wolf claw

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by mellvins059 View Post
    I expect some responses of drop the heavy bolters but where I play literally a third of the people are playing dark eldar and the heavy bolters are amazingly effective against both raiders and their infantry. So here is the list.
    You expect, so you shall receive! Heavy Bolters are litterally worthless. A Missile Launcher can not only down any vehicle (Including those pesky DE Raiders) more effectively, but also kill troops more effectively. For 5 points more than a Heavy Bolter, it's a steal! that Frag template will simply decimate an infantry unit caught by it.

HQ
    rune priest: termie armor, combi melta, wolf tail talisman, living lightning, jaws
    He's... Ok.

Elites
    x6 wolf guard: termie amor, th, ss; termie armor, th, ss: termie armor, frost axe, ss; termie armor, cf, hf, ss; plas pistol; frost axe; drop pod
    I would give the 2 WG joining the squads a combi-melta and a fist. It was way better than a SS, PP, and a Frost Weapon.

Troops
    x10 grey hunters: pf, melta, plas gun, drop pod
    A Fist on a Grey is rubbish! 2 attacks on the charge, and 1 when stuck in. A Wolf Guard with a fist is not only cheaper, (Compare at 38 points for the WG and 40 for the GH) he has more attacks. 3 On the charge, and 2 while being stuck in. I'm also a little confused why there is 2 Drop pods instead of 1 or 3. They should always be taken in an odd number as to take full advantage of the Drop Pod Assault rule.

Fast Attack
    land Speeder: hf, mm
    Good choice.

Heavy Support
    vindicator: dozer blade
    I have already commented on the HB's... As for the Vindicator. I would drop it and add more Long Fangs with... you guessed it! Missile Launchers.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with the wolf guard replacement is that already have wolf guard in both squads of grey hunters and you can only attach one, also in the drop pod squad its not worth it because then i lose the plasma gun.

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Problem with the wolf guard replacement is that already have wolf guard in both squads of grey hunters and you can only attach one, also in the drop pod squad its not worth it because then i lose the plasma gun.
    I am aware of this. I am saying ditch the Storm Shield, Plasma Pistol, and Frost axe for 2 fists and 2 combi's. Also ditch the fists on the Grey Hunters for a Power Weapon or MoTW, Not buy 2 new Wolf Guard. As for losing the plasma gun, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. A Melta Gun and a Fist/Combi toting Wolf Guard will suit you better in the long run than a Plasma Gun.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can allways go combi-plasma ön drop pod WG, if you like to have plasmas in that unit.
    Plasmas are underrated.

+ Reply to Thread