<1000 750pt Guard for doubles tourny - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750pt Guard for doubles tourny

Hi guys. My local store is holding a doubles tournament and i was toying with a few lists. My team mate would be Orks. Any C&C would be fantastic, thanks.

CCS - lascannon, astropath - 100

Marbo - 65

IP1
    PCS - 4 GL - 50
    IS1 - Autocannon - 60
    IS2 - Autocannon, GL - 65
    HWS - 3Autocannon - 75

Veteran Squad - 3x melta, chimera - 155

LRDemo - lascannon - 180

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

At 750 I think that the points on the astropath could be better spent elsewhere.

Marbo is a solid choice.

I would drop the HWS for another line squad. This will save 10-15 points and add some durability to the squad.

I'd drop the lascannon on the demolisher and replace it with a hull HF. It will save 15 points and complement the realtively short range of the Demolisher.

I'd suggest spending some of those points on camo cloaks for the CCS; and a commissar and meltabombs to one of the infantry squads.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

I'd cut the mech element and go all-inf. Let the Orks handle the close combat and, if you can beg, borrow or proxy enough teams, abuse the fact you can take ridiculous numbers of heavy weapons:

CCS 2x Melta, Master of Ordinance Lascannon 120

PCS Autocannon, 2x grenade launchers - 50

2x Infantry Squad, Autocannon GL - 2x 65 = 130

2x HWS 3x Lascannons 2x 105 = 210

2x HWS 3x Autocannons 2x 75 = 150

1x HWS 3x Missile Launchers 90

Total 750

7 Lascannons
    9 Autocannons
    3 Missile Launchers

Basically just find some cover and sit in it opening up transports, allowing the Greenskins to get stuck in chopping stuff up in close combat.

It'd be pretty funny.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Korona View Post
    I'd cut the mech element and go all-inf. Let the Orks handle the close combat and, if you can beg, borrow or proxy enough teams, abuse the fact you can take ridiculous numbers of heavy weapons:

CCS 2x Melta, Master of Ordinance Lascannon 120

PCS Autocannon, 2x grenade launchers - 50

2x Infantry Squad, Autocannon GL - 2x 65 = 130

2x HWS 3x Lascannons 2x 105 = 210

2x HWS 3x Autocannons 2x 75 = 150

1x HWS 3x Missile Launchers 90

Total 750

7 Lascannons
    9 Autocannons
    3 Missile Launchers

Basically just find some cover and sit in it opening up transports, allowing the Greenskins to get stuck in chopping stuff up in close combat.

It'd be pretty funny.
    I'm not sure that I'd bias that heavily towards HWSs. You run the risk of giving up a lot of kill points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not play up on the weaknesses your partner has to bolster your combined force... you cover the armor side of things so he can focus completely on troops

Primaris Pyker-70

Marbo-65

PCS-105
    X4 Flamers
    Chim (ML-HF)

Inf-60
    AC

Inf-60
    AC

PCS-105
    X4 Flamers
    Chim (ML-HF)

Inf-60
    AC

Inf-60
    AC

LRBT-165 (this one gets my vote)
    (Hull Lascannon)

or

LRDT-165
    (hull Hvy Flamer)

750 total...

You now have more armor on the table to help screen your partners ork's as they close the gap on your opposing force... and plenty of long range fire power

you and your partner could do an awesome sweeping advance with a list like this...

Best of luck,

ZJ

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

@ Iron, not with Orks to screen them. The primary threat is from ordinance and high strength heavy weapons like you see mostly on vehicles; but vehicles are what you'd be strongest against. I think you'd do okay with cover saves and return fire should silence most of the problem. If the enemy is close combat focused then you use the Orks to squash them in assault. It's not without (many) problems but I think it'd be a ridiculous and fun army. 20 heavy weapons is tough to face at 750 points.
    A more balanced force is more realistic, it's just an oddball idea.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

605 (x8)

My concern would be wolf scouts or stealth suits and their ilk. You never know when some nut case will bring snikrot to a tourney either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers for the advice. im gunna have a sit down this weekend and try out a few lists on my friends.
    i like the idea of an all infantry, but at the same time i can see where a mech army would be useful. ive always played a hybrid list 1500pt and up and was trying to do the same, but it doesnt seem realistically possible with the points available.
    ill get back to yas after a few play tests and let you know how it went

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First play-test went really well. My ork counterpart has gone a full footslog list, as did i. We played against a double imperial guard force. The sheer amount of models and firepower we could put down was just too much for them and it was pretty much over by turn 3/4.
    I like the use of this in a tournament as pretty much everyone loads up on anti tank and transport poppers, which essentially makes these shots redundant.
    Going to have another test in this coming week against tau and marines.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by iain100 View Post
    First play-test went really well. My ork counterpart has gone a full footslog list, as did i. We played against a double imperial guard force. The sheer amount of models and firepower we could put down was just too much for them and it was pretty much over by turn 3/4.
    I like the use of this in a tournament as pretty much everyone loads up on anti tank and transport poppers, which essentially makes these shots redundant.
    Going to have another test in this coming week against tau and marines.
    This could well be a fairly typical example of what might happen in other games too. Your only problem with an infantry list might be lack of manouverability for objectives and such, but I think you can counter this problem with the sheer numbers of men and the CC abilites of the orks. Mech would only really work if the orks did it too. If not, then all your opponents anti-tank fire will be concentrated on you so you will loose tanks very fast.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

+ Reply to Thread