<2000 2,000 Pt Elysian Suggestions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2,000 Pt Elysian Suggestions

Hi all,

I am in love with the Vulture gunship and the idea of an air cavalry army but I really don't know where to start when it comes to building a list for these guys. I would welcome any suggestions you all would have for a 2k point Elysian build that features Vultures and Valks. Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

I think the first thing you want to do is decide if you want everyone in Valkyries 'nam style or to paradrop a load of them in more like a WW2 airborne op.

Since you like the Vulture I'd get a pair and put punisher cannons on them, since they're the only decent option. That sorts your anti-infantry. Torrent of fire will mess up most unit types. To cover anti tank I'd get 2-3 Vendettas. They are just as good as in the regular IG lists.

To keep them covered you might want to reserve them, or else get some Valkyries and put something nasty in it. Special weapon squads with meltas/demo charges could do well or, since everyone can deepstrike, you could put PCS inside carrying Homing beacons and call a load of special weapon squads down directly. Either way you'll probably give the enemy something to think about and hopefully divert fire away from your gunboats.

Either way you'll have a good slug of points to spend on inf. How you do it exactly will depend on how you want to play the game. I like the idea of deepstriking weapon teams in obscure parts of the board, getting side shots and baiting overreactions from enemy troops. You can use deepstrike to put force where the enemy is weak and the Vendettas to taxi away troops before they get stomped on. Having some stripped down inf squads will be nice too. Dropping 10 infantry can look very menacing but inf squads are pretty cheap and might scare your opponent into doing something silly.

Since you have such a glass jaw, it makes a lot of sense to set up some units to be more expendible than others.

Also, make use of auxilliary grenade launchers. They are a great unique upgrade.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome. Thanks for the tips. I'll start putting something together and get it posted up for input.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O.k. here is what I came up with after looking at Aun'Vre's list and your suggestions. I think the points are correct but I'm sleepy so who knows? Would it be better to ditch the Valkyrie for two stripped down infantry squads?

Company Command Squad - 215
    Carapace armour
    Lasgun w/ aux grenade launcher
    Meltagun
    Homing beacon
    Valkyrie Assault Carrier
    Multiple Rocket Pods, Heavy Bolters

Veterans - 140
    Forward observers
    Meltagun X 3

Veterans - 140
    Forward observers
    Meltagun X 3

Platoon Command Squad - 58
    Homing beacon
    Meltagun

Infantry squad - 93
    Meltagun
    Demolition charge

Infantry squad – 93
    Meltagun
    Demolition charge

Infantry squad – 93
    Meltagun
    Demolition charge

Heavy weapon squad - 95
    Missile Launchers

Heavy weapon squad - 95
    Missile Launchers

Vendetta Gunship - 140
    Heavy Bolter

Vendetta Gunship - 140
    Heavy Bolter

Vendetta Gunship - 140
    Heavy Bolter

Vulture gunship - 185
    Twin linked Punisher Cannons, Armoured Cockpit, Flare/Chaff Launcher

Vulture gunship - 185

Vulture gunship - 185
    Last edited by Lanternricky; April 7th, 2011 at 04:37.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

As sad as it sounds, your Vendettas will probably die before all the enemy's vehicles are dead, meaning the HBolters are a waste unless your opponent sucks and didn't buy enough AT. You're fine for anti infantry fire anyway, that's what the TL punisher cannons are for

The homing beacon on your CCS is good but what are you going to call in on their location? I don't see any special weapon teams. Inf squads are okay but they are harder to deepstrike safely and don't really have much punch. I'd be tempted to drop a Vulture/Vendetta in favour of some SWS with melta guns to deepstrike in.

It's not mutually exclusive but another way to play this list is to be really standoffish and try to refuse the enemy the ability to engage you. Since you're deepstriking you have a lot of flexibility and you can scout move your birds. It's something I've only recently twigged but it's really powerful if you deploy your gunships centrally and then scout move them to the side of the board with the least AT fire. That gives you the ability to deny a lot of shooting and you can focus down his major threats like railguns etc on turn one.
    Last edited by Korona; April 7th, 2011 at 15:01.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

+ Reply to Thread