<3000 2000 pts Star Phantoms Work in Progress - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts Star Phantoms Work in Progress

Hello all, may seem like my first post, but I used to have an account on this great forum, and forgot the login information.

Getting to the point, This is my 2000 point Star Phantoms Army List, as indicated by the title. This is a rudimentary list i came up with after buying the my first few models. I started out with the Black Reach boxed set, and built the rest of the list around that. The list itself is quite lacking in many ways, but it is my second army, my first being, you guessed it, Daemons of Chaos.

What I would be looking for is a reworked list, or recommendations, based off of the existing list. Secondly point out the most important first step towards the list you suggest. Finally, shortly explain how each unit should be deployed and played. I am sorry for the apparent noobness of my post, but i have developed a Khorne mind-set; Deep Strike my Mono-Khorne army on top of my foes, and claim their skulls for the skull throne.

Without further rambling, here is the list:

Star Phantoms First Company

HQ 265

Galen Androcles Captain w/Artificer Armour, Relic Blade, Combi-Melta ... 150
    Jastilus Master of The Forge w/ Power Sword ... 115

Elites 580

The Reapers 5 Terminators w/Heavy Flamer ... 205
    Ancient Brutis Ironclad Dreadnought w/2 Hunter Killers, Assault Launchers ... 170
    Venerable Iasus Venerable Dreadnought w/Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher ... 205

Troops 525

The Shroud 10 Tactical Marines w/Flamer, Missile Launcher, Power Sword ... 180
    The Invisibles 5 Scouts w/ Heavy Bolter, Camo Cloaks, Land Speeder Storm w/Assault Cannon ... 185
    The Ravens 5 Scouts w/ Heavy Bolter, Land Speeder Storm w/Assault Cannon ... 170

Heavy Support 620

Drake's Fortitude Predator w/ Lascannon sponsons ... 120
    Vern's Zeal Land Raider Redeemer w/ Hunter-killer ... 250
    Alaric's Might Land Raider w/ ... 250

(Total of 1990 points)
    Once again, any help is appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Khornz

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Drop one HQ, probably the master of the forge as you don't need any dreads in the heavy slots. Cheap librarians are a good alternative but I always think that keeping the HQ points down is preferable.

Elites: Termies are ok. Ironclad could use a drop pod to get close quicker especially in dawn of war missions where you could be reduced to footslogging on from your own table edge. Venerable I don't like. AC/2LC preds are better at fire support so consider a MM/HF normal dread in a pod.

Troops: You need a second tac squad in a 2000 point list. Puttin them in a LR is a waste so take a rhino, drop pod or razorback and use the LR points for another squad. Scouts will be static using cover and the HB so the LSS is wasted. LSS are ok for bp/ccw scouts with a PF sarge who wish to get up close and personal otherwise make the LSS into normal land speeders to get them BS4.

Fast: replace LSS with normal speeders with MM+HF or consider some MM attack bikes.

Heavy: Take only one LRR and the MM upgrade is better than HK missile anyday.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Star Phantoms First Company

HQ 175

Nilo Librarian w/Epistolary, Terminator Armour ... 175

Elites 615

The Black Hands 5 Assault Terminators w/ ... 200
    The Reapers 5 Terminators w/Heavy Flamer, Chainfist ... 210
    Ancient Brutis Ironclad Dreadnought w/2 Hunter Killers, Assault Launchers, Drop Pod ... 205

Troops 450

The Shroud 10 Tactical Marines w/Flamer, Missile Launcher, Power Fist, Rhino ... 225
    The Scythes 10 Tactical Marines w/Flamer, Missile Launcher, Power Fist, Rhino ... 225

Fast Attack 140

Mundus Squadron 2 Land Speeders w/ Multi-Melta’s and Heavy Flamers ... 140

Heavy Support 620

Drake's Fortitude Predator w/ Lascannon sponsons ... 120
    Vern's Zeal Land Raider Redeemer w/ Hunter-killer ... 250
    Alaric's Might Land Raider w/ ... 250

So here is the updated list, I was hesitant about assault termies, and considered sternguards, seeing as they fit the chapter fluff more. I dont want to drop any of the HS, because i spent about 200$ CA on it.

Another option i could work with, if this list does not cut it, is to drop termies all together, and run with 2 squads of sternguards, and maybe squeeze in one more tac squad.

Last but not least here is the chapter fluff, for all those who are unfammiliar with the badab war;

STAR PHANTOMS
    "The Dead Watch Over and Guide Us"

The Star Phantoms are a rarely seen chapter shrouded in mystery, hailing from an unknown founding. The chapter was assigned en masse to assault and destroy the Astral Claws. As distinct from the small contingents sent by most other chapters, the entire Star Phantoms chapter arrived to begin their silent inexorable drive towards Badab in 907.M41. The Star Phantoms took no part in the Shipping Raids and focussed exclusively on the study and destruction of their prey. The chapter purged Badab in 912.M41, and still holds the world, considering their mission unfinished until Huron Blackheart is brought to justice.

"The enemy fights not what he knows, but what he sees."
    -Captain Androcles; Palace of Thorns

Cheers,
    Khornz

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems good. 2 things:
    1) what powers would the Libby have? I would suggest null zone and an attack such as the avenger or VoD.
    2) consider mixed assault termies; 2/3 thunder hammer and storm shield/lightning claws. This allows you to take out everything, as well as having high invulnerable saves to allocate AP2 wounds to.
    "Victory is sweet, blood is sweeter." - Aun'Vre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aun'Vre View Post
    Seems good. 2 things:
    1) what powers would the Libby have? I would suggest null zone and an attack such as the avenger or VoD.
    2) consider mixed assault termies; 2/3 thunder hammer and storm shield/lightning claws. This allows you to take out everything, as well as having high invulnerable saves to allocate AP2 wounds to.
    My Librarian would have Null Zone and what-ever I am in the mood for before the game. For my assault Terminators, I take 3 Power Hammers, and two Power Claws, I just did not note it in the entry because the point cost is the same, and i will magnetise the arms, so i can put what suits my prefrence at a given time.

Thank you for the feedback guys, I really apreciate that you guys are getting back to me this quick.

+ Reply to Thread