<2000 2000pt Deathcult Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Deathcult Army

Here are 2 different Deathcult Armies...let me know which you feel is best and how to improve on them.

1998/2000
    HQ:
    Coteaz - 100pts
    Librarian - Shrouding, Might of Titans, Sanctuary, 3x Servo-Skulls - 180pts

Troops:
    11x Deathcult Assassins - 165pts
    10x Deathcult Assassins - 150pts
    12x Deathcult Assassins - 180pts
    Henchman - 3x Jokaero, 3x Warriors, DT Chimera w/ Searchlight - 173pts

Fast Attack:
    Stormraven - TLMM/TLAC, Extra Armor - 220pts

Heavy Support:
    Dreadnought - Multi-Melta, Hvy Flamer, Psyflame - 130pts

Idea here is Jokaeros sit on home objective protected by Chimera and Warrior wound allocation. Everything else embarks in a Stormraven. Stormravens Turbo-boost first turn, Librarian casts Shrouding to give them all a 3+ cover save. After that everyone assaults. Dreads are there to pop as many transports as possible.

List 2: 2000/2000pts
    HQ:
    Coteaz - 100pts
    Brotherhood Champion - 100pts

Elites:
    Ven. Dreadnought - 2x TL Autocannon, Psybolt Ammo - 195pts

Troops:
    5x Deathcult - Razorback w/ TLAC + Psybolt Ammo - 160pts
    5x Deathcult - Razorback w/ TLAC + Psybolt Ammo - 160pts
    6x Deathcult - Razorback w/ TLAC + Psybolt Ammo - 175pts

Fast Attack:
    5x Interceptor Squad - Psybolt Ammo, 3x Daemon Hammers - 180pts

Heavy Support:
    Dreadnought - 2x TL-Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo - 135pts

This list has no Assault craft, but I think makes up for it in tank busting. Which was going to be the main problem of the first list.

Anyway let me know what you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

List 2 would better absorb damage, you can lose half your vehicles and still proceed according to plan. With list 1, once storm ravens get focused down, you lose all your mobility and will have large squads of toughness 3 possibly out in the open. However, your interceptor squad is not optimal. It has 3 hammer and psybolts. Do you want to shoot or assault, its really too expensive to do both. Psybolts are also largely a waste of points for squads that are less than 10. Change it to:

5x Interceptor Squad - 1x Daemon Hammers, 2x halberds - 150pts

This gives you 30 points so you can add 1 more deathcult to each of the 5 man squads.
    Tau my love! You are back!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kzqq View Post
    List 2 would better absorb damage, you can lose half your vehicles and still proceed according to plan. With list 1, once storm ravens get focused down, you lose all your mobility and will have large squads of toughness 3 possibly out in the open. However, your interceptor squad is not optimal. It has 3 hammer and psybolts. Do you want to shoot or assault, its really too expensive to do both. Psybolts are also largely a waste of points for squads that are less than 10. Change it to:

5x Interceptor Squad - 1x Daemon Hammers, 2x halberds - 150pts

This gives you 30 points so you can add 1 more deathcult to each of the 5 man squads.
    The Interceptor was a last minute fill in points kind of choice to act as a vehicle hunter. With Shunt and JP's they are able to get around the board and with Psybolt Ammo, their Str5 Stormbolters have a chance to wound most transports. Then if they have harder vehicles to fry they can use the Daemon Hammers.

Also, the 2 Deathcult squads are at 5 strong so that each can take one of the HQ's with them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Alrighty, makes sense, so keep it as is. Just maybe drop 1 hammer and grab a psycannon on the interceptors then.
    Tau my love! You are back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

both armies are illegal. You might be able to take henchmen as troops due to coteaz but it says in the henchmen entry that they take no slots in your force organisation chart. This means you don't fill your two required minimum troop choices for your army... It's the the same with lesser daemons in codex chaos space marines, they are troops but take no slot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirholy View Post
    both armies are illegal. You might be able to take henchmen as troops due to coteaz but it says in the henchmen entry that they take no slots in your force organisation chart. This means you don't fill your two required minimum troop choices for your army... It's the the same with lesser daemons in codex chaos space marines, they are troops but take no slot.
    And I would disagree with that, because underneath Coteaz special rule it doesn't just say they act as troops...but that you may take them as a "Troops Choice." Which would negate the other criteria placed on the Henchman Elite section squad. But I'm sure this is something that will have to wait until there is a FAQ, GW really should have a more public play test so these things get discovered and you don't have to do FAQs.

Edit:
    But I guess in that same token if you say they take up no slots, then I guess I could take a minimum 2-Strike squads and then just load up on as many 3x Warrior Razorback spam and have like 16+ razors on the field. Choose your poison.
    Last edited by Azraell; April 7th, 2011 at 13:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

I doesn't matter whether they act as troops or are troops, they still have a rule that says they dont take a slot... period... exactly the same in codex CSM, lesser daemons are troops but do no take a slot... they do not act like troops, but are troops...
    i can see your point and a RAI interpretation gives more sense, but problem is RAW: the rule is worded really bad as the author thought it would not be a problem to have the no slot rule when you could only have 1 warband per inq. but then the same author made coteaz and proved how stupid he is...

that is correct, i would say you could field your 16 acolyte razorbacks. and i would say you would forfeit any annihilation game you came upon.

+ Reply to Thread