<3000 First Crack at 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Crack at 2000pts

Librarian....155
    -Smite or Might

Champion...100

GKT....235
    -psycannon
    -mastercrafted falchions for Justicar

GK Strike Squad....360
    -+5 GKs
    -2x Psycannon
    -4 halberd
    -2 daemonhammer
    -psybolts
    -Razorback w/ TL Lascannons

GK Strike Squad...330
    -+5 gk
    -3 halberd
    -2 daemonhammer
    -razorback w/ TL Lascannon

Interceptors....268
    -+5 interceptors
    -2 daemonhammers
    -incinerator
    -psybolts

Dreadknight....260
    -sword
    -teleporter
    -incinerator

Dreadknight....235
    -teleporter
    -incinerator

...............2000. 37 infantry, 2 vehicles, 2 monstrous creatures.
    I JUST got the codex, so this might be premature.

I'm worried that I'm putting my vehicle-popping eggs in some potentially uncertain baskets; 6 daemonhammers, 2 monstrous creatures, and 2 TLLC's. That means that...the shunt moves need to be pretty spot on. I'm also light on psycannons.

I was thinking I'd combat squad everything, deepstriking the librarian w/ the terms, champion and combat squad of interceptors [unless that negates their shunt, in which case he'll go with the terms], and last interceptor squad.

The 2 Strike squads in razorbacks push forward, other 2 strike squads following the razorbacks or hold to cover/close objectives, dreadknights cover razorbacks and shunt move when convenient.

I see a lot of possible trade-outs. I could ditch an interceptor for an extra greatsword; maybe 4 strike GK's for some extra psycannons...not sure.

What say the masses? suckville? haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Hey, first you might want to double check the transport page. Razorbacks only fit 6 passengers so you cant have your 10 man squads in them Secondly, your GK strike squads are too expensive because you give them too many nemesis weapons. Each squad really only needs around 1 hammer and 2 halberds, maybe 1 falchions. If you intend on using psybolt ammunition stick to 10 man squads like you are doing so you maximize the str 5 shots, but once again if you intend on shooting alot you won't need that many nemesis upgrades.

So it looks alright so far, just make sure you change those razorbacks to rhinos or it will be illegal. If you want, you can use those 80 pts you get from the change and convert your champion to a grandmaster!
    Tau my love! You are back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I posted something, but apparently failed. haha

what my failed post said was....

I was planning on running combat squads with the SSs, half in the razorbacks, half either trailing behind, using the vehicles as cover, or sticking to cover. That's also why I tossed the extra weapons in there; so that every squad would have a DH and a halberd or two. does that change your response at all? Or would you stick to ten man squads in rhinos with cheaper load outs, and a GM at the helm?

thanks for the response!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I'm still not 100% sure if you are allowed to take a squad that is originally 10 man and put part of it in a razorback while the rest waits outside. I think you can only do that if at some point in the game, one of your combat squads entered a dedicated transport of another squad. I would still try to keep the squads cheaper on the nemesis weapons if you intend on keeping psybolt ammunition. Also something to consider, if your plan is to deepstrike your terminators, why not take Grand Master Mordrak. He can deepstrike himself and a squad of ghost terminators anywhere, on turn 1, without scatter.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

Firstly, I run two Dreadknights with Greatsword, Heavy Incineratory, and Personal teleporter. They are awesome fire magnets and usually kill something for their trouble.

I don't think two Razorbacks is going to be too resilient, and I would run them with Psybolt Assault Cannons too. Psycannons are amazing, I mean absolutely amazing in practice, they would give those Interceptors some ranged bite.
    or...
    I would drop one of those Razorbacks to a Rhino, drop that champion, and pick up a Psyrifledread. Drop the other down to a rhino, and get Psycannons in those squads. Mobile psycannons are absolutely awesome.

I would go for the second option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the feedback! looks like good advice to me. there's so much awesome stuff in that codex, I'm sure I'll be branching out before too long. all those hq, paladins, purifiers...it's weird to say, as a GK player, that there are almost too many good options. haha!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I know what you mean. I have probably completely rewritten my 1500 and 2000 point lists a good 5 times in the last week or 2. I would love all terminators, all purifiers, or just spamming dreadnoughts. I've come to the conclusion that just including a bit of everything will satisfy these needs, while remaing competitive/giving me the opportunity to paint a great range of models!

+ Reply to Thread