<2000 2k Footslogging GK's - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

2k Footslogging GK's

First of all, I need to thank jy2. I have blatantly ripped off one of his lists with very minor changes. I was trying to think up the sort of GK list I want to run and after glancing at one of his Batreps his list just sort of clicked with me.

So here it is for those of you who haven't already read his batreps. Let me know what you think.

Grandmaster
    Psycannon
    Blind Grenades
    Rad Grenades
    Master-crafted force sword

Venerable Dreadnought
    2x TL Autocannons
    Psybolt Ammunition

Venerable Dreadnought
    2x TL Autocannons
    Psybolt Ammunition

10 man Strike Squad
    2x Psycannons
    Daemonhammer
    Psybolt Ammunition

10 man Strike Squad
    2x Psycannons
    Daemonhammer
    Psybolt Ammunition

10 man Interceptor Squad
    2x Psycannons
    Master-crafted Daemonhammer
    Psybolt Ammunition

10 man Interceptor Squad
    2x Psycannons
    Master-crafted Daemonhammer
    Psybolt Ammunition

Dreadknight
    Heavy Incinerator
    Personal Teleporter

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mind you, with the personal teleporter on the dreadknight, it won't be allowed to shoot heavy weps after movement and shunt.
    This is because it will turn into jump infantery when he got a teleporter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with your Dreadknight

Double post T.T

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuck View Post
    Mind you, with the personal teleporter on the dreadknight, it won't be allowed to shoot heavy weps after movement and shunt.
    Wrong, imo. A MC still has "relentless" and the teleporter allows them to "move as jump infantry". They should still be able to fire there weapon, even after movement, due to "relentless".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

Yeah, the teleporters doesn't turn the DK into jump infantry, it just let's it move as though it was jump infantry. It's just like a flying hive tyrant, it moves like jump infantry but still retains all it's MC rules.

Are there any thoughts on how the list will run or any changes that could be made?
    Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; April 10th, 2011 at 22:20.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

So at the same time, I can now put my NDK inside of a Storm Raven or land raider? AWESOME.

There are moments where even a muckup in the rulebook is overseen, and is SO painfully obvious as to not be the intent that all but the neckbeardiest of the neckbeards will push for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karnaj View Post
    Wrong, imo. A MC still has "relentless" and the teleporter allows them to "move as jump infantry". They should still be able to fire there weapon, even after movement, due to "relentless".
    It says: 'Units with personal teleporters are Jump Infantry'
    So the DK becomes J.I.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy crap he's right trolololololol this'll be cleared right up with the first faq but raw -dreadknights with teleporters can board ravens! yay (I don't think jump infintry can go in land raiders) -i'll still be playing them as mc's as i beleive everyone else will be -this is quite clearly an oversight on the part of gw but hell for the raw extremists out there have fun while you can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBurton View Post
    Holy crap he's right trolololololol this'll be cleared right up with the first faq but raw -dreadknights with teleporters can board ravens! yay (I don't think jump infintry can go in land raiders) -i'll still be playing them as mc's as i beleive everyone else will be -this is quite clearly an oversight on the part of gw but hell for the raw extremists out there have fun while you can
    ...yes he also loses his ability to fire two weapons in a phase, loses his move through cover and counting his weapons as power weapons and his additional D6 for armour penetration against vehicles as he's no longer a monstrous creature and i'm paying lots of points for this privilege...and your excited something that can move 12" anyway and shunt 30" once can ride in a Stormraven???

Think i'll be using common sense on this as it says 'WORKS just the same as the interceptor squad personal teleporter' seems to imply that the technology WORKS the same, and apply the precedence of Hive Tyrants with wings moving the same way as Jump Infantry and still counting as Monstrous Creatures, seems to make more sense that a Dreadknight can go toe to toe with other large creatures and not have 6 of them riding around in a Stormraven.

Just to think all GW needed to do was put on pg.94 '*This works just like the Interceptor Squad personal teleporter but Dreadknights still count as Monstrous Creatures'...still they only had 18 months to notice the mistakes we have in less than 2 weeks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

It says: 'Units with personal teleporters are Jump Infantry'
    So the DK becomes J.I.
    If someone tried to pull that one on me, though, I'd never play with them again. I'd pick my models off the table and find someone else to play.

In fact, with one particular manager (at GW), they've decided this was the case, too. Store ruling. You'd be hard pressed to find an opponent.

There's arguing RAW and RAI when there's ambiguity. SOMETIMES there is a SLIVER of evidence that AS WRITTEN, the rule is correct.

However, this is not that moment. If a person were to believe otherwise, I would claim them the beardiest of neck beards, an unholy title for them to wear with shame.

They do not lose their monstrous creature rule. GW can't catch everything, and they PROBABLY hopefully assume their playerbase has the brain to figure it out, but sometimes arguments like these make me bash my head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast