<2000 1750pt Blood Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

1750pt Blood Angels

After reading Deus Sanguine, in particular the attack on Shenlong, this is going to be my project for the next 6 months or so.

Feedback on effectiveness, style, anything at all is welcome.

HQ

Sanguinor 275

Elite

Sang Priest: JP, PW 90

Furioso Librarian: Shield, Bloodlance 175

Troop

10 Assault marines - JP removed: 2 flamers, SGT with PW
    Drop Pod 215

10 Assault marines: 2 meltas, SGT with PF 235

10 Death CO - bolters: 2 infernus pistols, 1 PW, 1 TH
    Drop Pod 310

Death CO Dread: Blood talons
    Drop Pod 160

Fast

Speeder: Heavy Flamer, Typhoon Missile launcher 90

Heavy

Stormraven Gunship: MM, TLASS cannon 200

Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Wow, So i made a list very similar to this before, and am planning to run it this as a hybrid. one thing i was not sure about was sanguinator vs mephiston for HQ and running a chaplain with the death company for the insane bonus. but i like it, has alot of fun units. should be a blast to play with.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Thanks man.

I decided to run the Sanguinor because he was the closest thing in the Codex to Ariko the Blessed. I really wanted a chappy but to do it I would need to drop the Landspeeder and 1 death company. Is it worth it?
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would drop the Furioso Librarian...to be honest they aren't much better (if at all than a normal furioso dread.) I would drop the Furioso Dread and replace with a Chaplain...Deathcompany become SICK with a chaplain. Any additional points you have from dropping the Furi Lib, I would put towards more P. Wpns for the Death Company.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

I wanted the Libby dread for the psychic hood and ability to use a few powers. I have been thinking about putting the libby dread in a drop pod instead and using Blood Lance and having the DC dread on the raven (since it has fleet)? I am not sure about a chappy since the guys will be drop podding and more likely to be assaulted that be the assaultees.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

What is going to be dropped in he stormraven? Why not just run a dos list. Otherwise stormraven will be a big target with nothin in it but a dread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

I was thinking of putting Sanguinor in the Stormraven to protect him. 3 wounds with a 2+/3++ is not confidence inspiring. But otherwise I can leave him on his own and have DC ride in the raven with a chappy, but I do like the idea of having 10 DC in the enemy lines T1 and they HAVE to deal with it.

I also thought that in some games I can use the stormraven as fire support and have the sanguinor and the dready try their luck.

Is putting the Sanguinor in the raven a waste?
    Mirage Arcana Podcast

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Yeah sanguinator in raven is a bit of a waste. He has a 3+ invun save. if you put him in the raven. thats going to be the target of every lance or lascannon on the field cause i will be a big target.

+ Reply to Thread