<3000 2000 Paladins of destiny - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

2000 Paladins of destiny

HQ: Draigo 275
    HQ: =][= Rad grenades + Plasma Siphon 50

Troops: 10 Paladins 740
    Hammer + SB
    Hammer + Psycannon
    MC Hammer + SB
    Halberd + Medic
    Halberd + SB
    Halberd + Psycannon
    Halberd + Incinerator
    Sword + SB
    Banner + Psycannon
    Staff + SB

Troops: 10 Paladins (same as above) 740

Heavy: Dreadknight, Heavy Incinerator, Gatling Psylencer 195

Inquisitor joins one unit of paladins with the plasma siphon protecting them against plasma weaponry. The other squad will have Draigo joining them who can absorb some AP2 shots on his storm shield. Dreadknight babysits the paladins and is armed for thining out hordes to make up for our low model count.

Last edited by Mad Cat; April 12th, 2011 at 10:57.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fear youll get gunned down or just overwhelmed mate. If your facing say an IG or Ork horde army at this point value, your not going to stop them! Could work against other elite armies though, your perhaps two or three notches above them! Nice fluffy army, but working? Neh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I am not sure how many shots the Gatling Psylencer gets per turn, but other than that you are looking at 44 shots per turn. In 5 turns you will get 220 shots, about 146 hits, 70 wounds killing about 23 Marine equivalents. A little higher because I didn't account for rending or extra Psycannon strength. I don't think with two units you are going to get into a lot of hand to hand or you will only be getting into it with units that are acting as sacrificial lambs. And you can't count on sweeping people to get your kills up. I Think the list may be fun to play once, but after that I think it will be boring and not be very effective. It could do OK in 2 objective games as long as your opponent doesn't have any transports.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

The gatling gets 12 shots at S4 but I see what you are saying about the shooting. This list isn't for me, I designed it for a freind who wanted a paladin force.

In objective missions, if the enemy keep away the paladins just take the objectives. Sooner or later they will have to come close and deal with them. If they rappid fire once they get charged next turn so the enemy cannot dance around forever killing paladins because of their FNP and wound allocation procedure. In kill point missions there are only really 3 kill points available as killing the ICs will involve charging 10 tooled up paladins. They shouldn't need sweeping advances to kill units as the paladins are a serious combat unit.

In dawn of war I can deploy the whole army (minus the =][= & dreadknight) 24" into the table then use strategy to scout move the 2 units another 6" towards the enemy. 21 termies deployed in line begining 12.5" away from you should be nasty.

I know they are not ultra competetive but against balanced marine armies and anything more towards the "elite" end of the spectrum they should do ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interesting list for sure, I am trying to post a very similar sort of thing from 1500p to 2000p, albeit with even less models. Not sure why my post isn't appearing, saw a brief notice about moderators having to approve the post?

Anyway... Are the three hammers worth it? And 10 man paladin squads seems awefully compact. How reliably can you get them the almost crucial scout move for positioning?

The Inquisitor with the Plasma Syphon is a nice touch, though, I really like the thought of some kind of arcotech screwing around with Plasma weaponry.

For the Dreadknight I would personally much rather take a Nemesis greatsword than two Doomfists, and the Heavy Psycannon over Heavy Incinerator and Gatling Psilencer, but the reasons for me are more themed than having actually reviewed the math.

The Emperor Protects!

Regards,
    Martin
    Last edited by martinchaen; April 12th, 2011 at 12:51.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

3 hammers cost no extra points over swords or halberds and I liked the idea of plenty of S8 attacks (S10 with hammerhand). The hammers are a reasonable chunk of the army's antitank power as 6 psycannon are not exactly overpowering. The paladins may combat squad so a hammer in each 5 man squad is a must.

The scout move just depends on the D3 roll for Draigo's strategy choice. In 2/3rds of games I can gain 6" of movement for the 2 killer units. You give scout to your squads before combat sqaudding so I could get 4x5 paladins scouting and maybe the dreadknight too. We could even outflank.

I like the sword on the dreadknight but with the low model count hordes are more of a threat. I went for the most anti infantry firepower I could and tried to keep the points down rather than have to loose a paladin or the =][=.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

775 (x8)

If I would run a paladin list my would look like this:

HQ:
    Lord Kaldor Draigo = 275
    Librarian (+3 powers, 2x Skulls) = 175
    TROOP:
    7x Paladins (Apoth, MC DH, 2x MC Psycannons, BBanner, Psybolts) = 560
    5x Paladins (MC DH, 2x MC Psycannon) = 330
    more squads and a librarian to give you that nice cover save and 8 MC psycannon can handle tanks and kill other stuff as well

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

I like it.

If you merge squad 3&4 together you will get more benefit from the GMs strategy then combat squad them into 5 man units later.

+ Reply to Thread