The list of Cheesey Cheeseyness.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    jboweruk

The list of Cheesey Cheeseyness....

Well here goes, 2 of my mates from our club found a little loophole in the new 'dex, apparently each 'psyker' is listed under Inquisitorial warband seperately, ie, Psyker.. Blah,blah.

So he put together the following list>

Torquemada Corteaz
    Inquisitor w/Conversion beamer
    Vindicare Assassin
    Culexus assassin
    12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

12 Psykers in Chimera

Now according to the way the dex is written this means 6 S10 AP1 blasts each turn, on top of this the Chimeras surround the Culexus within 12" of him, giving him 2 plus 6X12 for a grand total of 74 shots with his weapon each turn. The loophole exists because it states that this is +1 shot per psyker within 12", not group of psykers, but each psyker.

Cheesey or what?

Last edited by jboweruk; April 12th, 2011 at 21:57. Reason: missed a model in list

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you taking Henchmen as troops without Coteaz?

jboweruk

I think.... You just found the hole.... Nice one dude.

Drat, no you didn't, he has Corteaz, comes to exactly 1500 points too.
    Last edited by jboweruk; April 12th, 2011 at 21:57.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Do Pyskers have the Psyker special rule? No. Ergo, no Psyker model counts as a Psyker for rules purposes.

That sorted, do Psyker models count as Psykers in any other way? Yes, as described by their Psychic Barrage rule. Where it states, in no uncertain terms, that an entire unit of Pysker models is treated as a single Psyker "for the purposes of Psychic tests, etc.". That "etc." is the key bit. It covers ... EVERYTHING. Unless anybody can tell me what can possibly, rationally be left out of "etc.", the only logical conclusion is that it is all-inclusive.

Which means that entire units of Psykers never count as more than 1 Psyker. Ever.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

jboweruk

That's my thinking. However, they are 10 points each model... I think that's where he's taking it from. It defo needs an FAQ or I can see a few arguments on the table over it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would definitely be interesting. I will say however, that I don't see the Culexus assassin being as good as you think due to his 12" range.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jboweruk View Post
    That's my thinking. However, they are 10 points each model... I think that's where he's taking it from. It defo needs an FAQ or I can see a few arguments on the table over it.
    What is there to argue about? The rules verbiage for Psychic Barrage are almost exactly the same as those for Psychic Brotherhood, and you don't see anybody arguing about that!

People really need to disassociate their mind fluff from the RAW. Just because the individual dudes have the name "Psyker" doesn't actually make them psykers according to the rules!

Frankly, this should be old news to us DH players. Does nobody remember how in the old DH codex Justicars were the only members of a unit that counted as psykers even though the fluff had it that every GK was a psyker?
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't it listed that the warbands don't take up force organization chart meaning do u need 2 troop choices to make this list legit???
    Epic Wheen!1!1!!1

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Liguifier View Post
    isn't it listed that the warbands don't take up force organization chart meaning do u need 2 troop choices to make this list legit???
    Coteaz's "Lord of Formosa" rule makes Warbands Troops choices instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    What is there to argue about? The rules verbiage for Psychic Barrage are almost exactly the same as those for Psychic Brotherhood, and you don't see anybody arguing about that!

People really need to disassociate their mind fluff from the RAW. Just because the individual dudes have the name "Psyker" doesn't actually make them psykers according to the rules!

Frankly, this should be old news to us DH players. Does nobody remember how in the old DH codex Justicars were the only members of a unit that counted as psykers even though the fluff had it that every GK was a psyker?
    Going to clarify this a little. A unit is only a psyker if stated so under the "special rules" category of the unit. For instance, Grey Knights have the special rule "Psychic Brotherhood" which makes them psykers. The Librarian has the special rule "psyker (mastery level 2) that makes him a psyker. I hope that is helpful

EDIT: Just back-read a few posts and saw that this was all ready mentioned...sorry lol
    Last edited by stuck804; April 12th, 2011 at 22:39.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast