Blood Angels - Death Company 1500pts GT List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Angels - Death Company 1500pts GT List

Hi librarium, this is my first ever post and I was looking for advice and improvements for my new 1500pts army list for the umcoming Throne of Skulls Young Bloods (aged 12 - 15's only).

I have had alot of comments about how this army can't hold objectives. So, to compensate for this I added rhinos insted of the second stromraven, this was helpful because it gave me about 100 mor epoints to toy around with. This is my list:

HQ: Astorath the Grim = 220pts

Elites: Chaplin

Elites: Chaplin

Troops: Death Company Dreadnaught - Twin Blood-Talons (Built in Weapons Retained).

Troops: 5 Death Company - Bolt Pistols and Chainswords, Jump Packs, 3 Power Weapons, Infernus Pistol, Thunder Hammer.

Troops: 8 Death Company - Boltguns, Rhino - Extra Armour.

Troops: 7 Death Company - Boltguns, Rhino - Extra Armour, Dozer Blade.

Heavy Support: Stormraven Gunship - Twin Linked Lascannon, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta, Hurricane Bolter Sponsons, Extra Armour.

That comes to 1500pts. The Tactics are: Deploy Astorath, Junp Pack Death Company and Death Company Draednaught inside the Stormraven and the two squads in thier rhinos with one chaplin each. Turn 1: Move rhinos up in cover (18 inches), move the stormraven 12 inches up and hide behind cover, target enemy vechals sooner rather than leater so that you dont rage into them when you deploy. Everything is now in place to launch the perfect assault. Turn 2: Move the rhinos up 12 inches and angle them so the death company can get out and rapid fire. Get out the deathcompany and thier respective chaplins. Pop smoke on the rhinos. Move the stromraven up a further 12 inches and deploy the Death Company inside with Astorath. Assault with this unit and pop smoke on the stormraven. Turn 3: Move back with rhinos to hold objectives. Assault with all Death Company (Remember the Liturgies of Blood rule on the chaplins and Astorath, this allows you to re-roll failed rolls to hit and to wound in the turn that you assault). With the power weapons on the Jump Pack bound Death Company they can sloughter almost everything in thier path (Find them a nice big jusey elites choise or indepentant character to cripple the enemy battle line. Move the storm raven to a new position and deploy the dreadnaught and get it into the assault as quikly as possible. The stormraven has now done its job, dont get anoyed if it gets blown to smitherines. Turn 4,5,6 and 7: Let the carnage unwind! Oh... and also for really big cheese factor, contest a enemy objective with your stormraven.

Thanks for reading, any comments or surgestions!

Ubertiton

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

The problem i see,is that you dont punch any anti tank power at all.If you fall for a example into an IG Gun-line and they manage to pop your transports your at their mercy since you will have a hard time reaching their lines.

I am not a blood angel players and i am not 100% familiar with their rules though.

Oh and BTW wellcome to the board!!!!
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

i am a BA player and i basically think the same as above. it is fine that you are playing astorath and his friends but just remember that if it is a really competetive tournie then you will not win. simply because someone like eldar will just kill your transports and then kite you around the board for the rest of the game while capturing the objective.

also, you do need more anti-tank, i would recommnd getting rid of one of the chaplains

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am considering altering the list to remove 1 chaplin and replase it with a techmarine (Servo Harnes) with a servitor with servo arm and then that can follow the vechals up to repair them if they are damaged beyond the normal 6+ repair roll.

BTW, thanks for all the feedback and the warm welcome, I will post some pics of finished models soon, Thanks guys!

Ubertiton

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    191 (x3)

First, Nix the Tech marine. He's not worth it. Second, you've still got a major problem. You still can't hold any objectives. (your Rhinos can only contest, they can't secure objectives.) The force your trying for is an all or nothing gamble. You've got to wipe all your opponents forces from the board for a win. Now while this may be a fun list, it really isn't competitive. If your going to try to use a list featuring the DC, I suggest adding 1 ten man squad of Tactical or assault marines. That way you can at least score when you play a capture and control mission, and you might be able to score 2 objectives by combat squading on Seize ground missions.

BTW, My Eldar all Mech army would (and has) run circles around this type of list. It was humorus to see all those DC runnig blindly after a rabbit they couldn't catch, all the while getting blasted by my other wave serpents. Don't get me wrong, all those DC can be brutal to foot slogers but mech forces will give it problems.
    NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000
    Some pics form my hobby. http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...arodragon/40k/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*moved to the army list section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread