<2000 1500 to 2000 Infantry Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 to 2000 Infantry Army

Hello

This army list probably isnt that fantastic, i'm new to Imperial Guard so lets see. Suggestions and Comments welcome.

Its mainly to play with friends and one is a rather experienced eldar player, the others are likely to be a new Ork player and another IG player.

HQ
    Company Command Squad
    Vox Caster
    3 snipers
    Master of Ordinance
    2 Body Guards
    Power Weapon/Fist
    Camo Cloaks

Primaris Psyker

Platoon 1
    Platoon Command Squad
    Power Weapon
    3 Meltaguns
    Vox Caster

Squad 1
    Power Weapon
    Grenade Launcher

Squad 2
    Power Weapon
    Grenade Launcher

Squad 3
    Power Weapon
    Grenade Launcher

Heavy Weapons Squad 1
    Heavy Weapons Squad 2
    Heavy Weapons Squad 3

Now with these they will be 3 autocannons, 3 lascannons and 3 missile launchers, i havent decided on the setup because i wasnt sure if i could have 3 squads with one of each as this would make it alot harder to take out my AT units whilst giving me more chance to hit side armour.

Platoon 2

Platoon Command Squad
    Power Weapon
    3 Meltaguns
    Vox Caster

Squad 1
    Power Weapon
    Grenade Launcher

Squad 2
    Power Weapon
    Grenade Launcher

Squad 3
    Power Weapon
    Grenade Launcher

Veterans
    3 Meltaguns
    Power Weapon
    Demolitions

3 Armoured Sentinels
    Autocannon
    Las Cannon
    Missile Launcher
    Camo Netting

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    Hull Las Cannon
    Camo Netting
    Pintle Stubber

Now i know your gunna look straight at it and think why only one tank. Well for now because i only have one, and i would prefer to field a mainly infantry army From how i know the eldar player plays, its also as bait to try and soak up a round of shooting, if im lucky surviving his Warp Spiders and giving me the opportunity to do something about them.

Next will be the CCS that has 3 Snipers, this is because i want the CCS near atleast one fo the HWS for orders and so that should anything get too close i can hopefully tie up whatever comes for a round or two whilst allowing the HWS to carrying on shooting.

I havent listed what the HWS' will consist of as i wasnt sure i can do what i wanted to do, to my mind makes sense, and with nothing in the codex sayign i can or cant.

The Veterans at some point i hope to mount in either a Chimera or a Vendetta, money and my indecision hampering that idea for the moment, also wondering whether to replace these with 2 5man Storm Tropper squads.

With the Sentinals i wasnt sure whether to go with scouts or armoured so i pointed for armoured and so they are yet to be put together, i can save some points there. I have read in other threads that Multilasers are just as good as Autocannons on a Sentinal, but again i prefer an Autocannon.

Eventually i need this to be around a 2000 points army and i intend on fielding 5 Ogryns mounted in a Chimera, to hopefully get close and tie something up and hopefully kill it.

I have been considering a Commisar Blob, but the eldar player keeps talking about his Shokk Attack Big Mek, now i know its as dangerous to himself as it is to me but i dont want to take the chance of losing 30-40 guardsmen in one go. As well as the IG player fielding a Manticore.

So any tips are welcome. Please bare in mind for now my mind is set on a mainly infantry army.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Thanks
    Lj

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks pretty good, however an all infantry army is very immobile it might take you three to four turns to get to the other side of the table. So if i where you I should take some vet squads in vendettas or valkyries they are very effective if used in the right way, they can swiftly move in and move out. as for the sentinels, you can take scouts but why not spent 20 points extra on that lovely extra armour and +2 AV on the front armour. I have two myself armed with plasma cannons and they can take some fire and give hell to heavily armed foe's, hell they took out an entire space marine squad in one round of shooting !

as for the rest I think you're standing pretty good.
    I'm collecting an infantry guard army myself and I have to say that you will always have to have some armor like sentinels or vendettas/valkyries

I hope I helped a bit

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

...and most important don't build a list based on your friend's army. it is a recipe for disaster, along the line.

+ Reply to Thread