<3000 2000 Points list for general smack down - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Points list for general smack down

HQ
    Brotherhood Champion

Elites
    ( 10 ) Purifiers - 4 Psycannons, 5 Halberds, 1 falchion

Troops
    ( 10 ) Strike Squad - 2 Psycannon, 7 halberds, 1 Daemonhammer, Rhino
    ( 5 ) Terminators - 1 Incinerator, 3 Halberds, Mastercrafted for the Justicar
    ( 5 ) Terminators - 1 Incinerator, 3 Halberds, Mastercrafted for the Justicar

Fast Attack
    ( 10 ) Interceptor Squad - 5 halberds, 4 falchions, 1 daemonhammer
    Storm Raven - TL Lascanon, Hurricane Bolters

Heavy Support
    Dreadknight - Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Great Sword
    Dreadnought - Multimelta, Nemesis doomfist, storm bolter

The list is supposed to provide short range firepower until the interceptor squad and dread knight can hit the front lines. One termy unit will arrive via the storm raven along with the dreadnought and the other terminator unit teleports in. Essentially everything starts the game on the front line and blitzes forward. I just wish that the brotherhood champion had a personal teleporter option grrrrrr.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Fine

Elites: Replace the falcion for a hammer. All your units should have a hammer in case they are locked in a useless combat with a dread.

Troops: Again a hammer on each termie unit. Halberds on GKSS or interceptors are not really worth the points. Merge the terminators together, buy psybolts for them and then copmbat squad them again. Psybolts for the GKSS are good too.

Fast: Stick with the hammer (master crafted if you wish) and 2 psycannon (the jump inf movement gets you plenty of flank armour shots) and psybolts.

Heavy: Both good, though I really like the heavy incinerator.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

4. LikeTuatara liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not put the Nemesis Greatsword on the Dreadknight because with the Nemesis Doomfists you are at strength 10, +1A and are still at initiative order. It is 25 points that I think is a waist. Use it for something else. Otherwise, I agree with Mad Cat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
    Merge the terminators together, buy psybolts for them and then copmbat squad them again.
    OMG! How could I have been so stupid? (Actually, I know how, but still). I always knew psybolts were a brilliant idea but felt 20 points for a 5 man squad was too costly, but of course, combat squadding them after giving them psybolts circumvents this. Brilliuant. Thanks old bean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Draco View Post
    I would not put the Nemesis Greatsword on the Dreadknight because with the Nemesis Doomfists you are at strength 10, +1A and are still at initiative order. It is 25 points that I think is a waist. Use it for something else. Otherwise, I agree with Mad Cat.
    This brings us an interesting point. Having one dreadnought CCW gives a dreadnought Str 10 attacks but would having 2 different weapons on the dreadknight negate this? Also the DK still has 2 CCW (one fist and a great sword) so doesn't it still get the +1 attack for the extra weapon regardless of its special rules? This is especially interesting as the DK isn't a vehicle and hence there are no rules that cover multiple CCW on a monstrous creature. Also why would anyone ever take the nemesis daemonhammer when all it does is give the DK a force weapon? I guess it'd be nice for greater daemons and big bugs but that's about it. In all honesty the real reason I wanted to use the greatsword was that it looks super bad @$$.
    Last edited by Apollyon; April 21st, 2011 at 23:49.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Draco View Post
    Technically, until an FAQ says otherwise, Nemisis Doomfists are only S6.

There's a big long argument both ways elsewhere, but the Rules say only walkers get S10 from it. NDK is a Monstrous creature.

My response to any response on that line is to forum search for the discussion that's ongoing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cKerensky View Post

There's a big long argument both ways elsewhere, but the Rules say only walkers get S10 from it. NDK is a Monstrous creature.

My response to any response on that line is to forum search for the discussion that's ongoing.
    That's why I love the Daemonhammer on it =D

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by cKerensky View Post

Doesn't the Wraithlord have dead CCW too and it gets S10 I think. Also Dread CCW are not power fists so having 2 weapons not the same still gets you +1 attack. A dreadknight with a nemesis hammer would not get +1 attack since the thunder hammer says you need 2 hammers to get +1 attack.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
    Doesn't the Wraithlord have dead CCW too and it gets S10 I think.
    Used to, not anymore. It's just S10 now.

For the record: I believe the intention is S10, but we can't be sure...not 100% anyway.

+ Reply to Thread