<3000 Star Phantoms First Company 2000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Star Phantoms First Company 2000

Here is my second try at this list, the lack of heavy weapons did not fit with the Star Phantoms idealology.

HQ: Chapter Master Galen Androcles: Powerfist, Artificer Armour, Boltgun … 165

Elites: 9 Sternguard Veterans: Lightning Claw, Multi-Melta, Combi- 2x Plasma, 2x Melta … 265
    Elites: 5 Terminators: Heavy Flammer, Land Raider … 455
    Elites: 5 Assault Terminators: Land Raider Redeemer … 440

Troops: 10 Tactical Marines: Flammer, Missile Launcher, Powersword, Drop Pod … 220
    Troops: 10 Tactical Marines: Plasma Gun, Lascannon, Storm Bolter, Drop Pod … 235

Heavy Support: Predator Destructor: Lascannon Sponsons … 120
    Heavy Support: Thunderfire Cannon … 100

Notes: Androcles goes with stern guard, hangs back and shoots stuff with orb. and the squad. They also protect Thunderfire.

LR termies charge forwards at the enemy, guns blazing.

Troops come down to capture objectives and support termies.

Predator hangs with thunder fire and blast my opponent to bits.

I am going to magnetise the CCtermies weapon arms, so i can switch between claws and hammers, or a mix of both.

Thunderfire was a point filler, and the model is awesome(and purchased). S6 Heavy4 Largeblast does not hurt either.

C&C is appreciated.

"Death is but a Door...." Credo Mortifex
    Star Phantom WIP - Come and check it out
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...m-project.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

HQ: Is there any reason you feel you need a Chapter Master? You'd probably be better off running a Chaplain with your Assault Terminators, if anything. If nothing else, drop the Power Fist for a Power Weapon or Relic Blade so that you can take advantage of his I5. And get a storm bolter or combi-something over the bolter.

Sternguard: 1 more guy and you could combat squad them - they really should have a transport though, Sternguard are entirely too expensive to leave wandering around in your backfield. The Multimelta's also fairly wasted - Special Ammunition is the main reason to prefer Sternguard over anyone else, which means that all your weapons options should be combi-somethings. If you insist on podding the tactical squads in, you should probably pod these guys as well.

Terminators: If you're going to be charging out the that Land Raider, then Assault Termies are a better pick over the regular ones. The Heavy Flamer's not a bad upgrade, though AC and CML are effective against vehicular targets as well. I also suggest taking something else over the Redeemer, as it'll very rarely be able to fire both of it's Flamestorm cannons at once. The Crusader's a lot less sexy looking, but you'll get a lot more play out of the Hurricane Bolters.

Tacticals: There's really nor synergy here. I suggest running them as combi-weapon/matching special weapon/some heavy weapon. You'll also find that only having 2 troops in a 2k list will leave you severely lacking in objective games. (honestly, I take at least 4 at this level) You'll also have to deal with not having any mobility after the drop pods touch down, which may cause you issues later on.

Predator: Completely fine. I often run several set up like this.

Thunderfire: It's a great weapon if you've got somewhere good to hide it. It'll die to a stiff breeze though, which is why I normally recommend against it.

It looks like you're going for a triple-rock army with this, but the execution really isn't working. You're not really synergising or supporting your rock units, so it'll fall apart against a lot of comp level armies.

4. ThanksKhornz thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ottawa eh? +Rep. If you are looking for a game, id be up for it. Anyways, thanks for quick reply.

I like the idea for HQ.

Il switch both to CC termies, but Redeemer has to stay, it has a hefty price, and i want to run it, especially vs hordish armies, S6 flamers dont hurt to have on an Av14 tank.

Sternguards are painted up and ready to go, so they must stay.

For the Tac squads, i am considering taking one more with spare points from maybe the thunderfire; and putting them in rhino's, but i have one pod lying around, and i want to put it to use in this army.

Any other thoughs ?
    Last edited by Khornz; April 27th, 2011 at 04:41.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

It seems you have randomly chosen your upgrades from a hat. and being from our nation's capital I expected some better crafty decisions. the sternguard don't need a heavy weapon, they need a drop pod. if you really want a heavy weapon you should take 5 and give them 2 plasma cannons for fire support, but then you're probably better off with devastators since you wont be using the extra melee attacks very often. 10 in a drop pod with as much melta as you can muster is usually the given, sometimes actual meltas as well. Redeemer is fine, it has power of the machine spirit so i usually find something for it to shoot at if i'm fighting hordes. Drop the useless upgrades on the tac squads. run them bare bones, flamer and missiles. ditch the thunderfire get another av13 vehicle or else the pred will take all the light AT fire. maybe get another tac squad like you said or another 2 preds.

7. ThanksKhornz thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice, and did i catch some hinting that Ottawa is crafty? Il let it slide. Anyways, here is what i came up with:
    I realised i dont want a chaplain, I dont like the model at all. I was thinking to either get a Chapter Master in termie armour, since this is the first company. So i had two models in mind; either Huron on the FW website or tyberos from the same website. If you know of any cool terminator chaplain or normal marine models, please post them.

Second thing i need ideas on is what to do with my drop pod. I want to use it if possible, but i would rather have all my squads in rhino's.

Thunderfire will make a good dust collector then, but i can always bring it out for some fun once and a while.

If i dont take more tacs, what would be a better choice as added tanks; i have that one predator, should i make it 3 preds, or should i add vindicators instead?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

Rhinos and Razerbacks are generally a better choice then pods.

There's good arguements for both preds and vindicators, so take your pick.

Also, I'd be quite happy to take a 2k army of mine up against yours. I think I'd have to sub a few models to run a good list at a point level that high, but you're on. What part of town are you in?

10. ThanksKhornz thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Il Pm you, but It wont be for a few weeks, i only have about 60% of the army atm. Il try and finish up list tonight.

I decided to go with only 2 tac squads, put them in rhino's and combat squad them when i must take objectives.

In addition to my pred il be taking 2 vanquishers for some nasty S10 blasts.

Taking the iron halo off of my chapter master and making him a stern guard.

Finally i am ordering the Lufgt Huron model from FW as my Captain with a claw and a combi flamer. He looks way cooler than any other terminator model i could find.
    Last edited by Khornz; April 27th, 2011 at 17:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is modified list:

HQ: Captain Orestes: Terminator, Combi-Flamer, Claw ... 150

Elites: The Shroud 5 Assault Terminators: 3 Hammers, 2 Claws, Land Raider ... 450
    Elites: His Enmity 5 Assault Terminators: 3 Hammers, 2 Claws, Land Raider Redeemer ... 440
    Elites: The Phantoms 10 Sternguards: Powerfist, 4x Combi Melta, 2x Combi Plasma, Meltagun, Rhino, Dozer-blade ... 350

Troops: Squad Nilo 10 Tacticals: Storm Bolter, Missile Launcher, Plasmagun , Rhino ... 225
    Troops: Squad Saccorus 10 Tacticals: Storm Bolter, Missile Launcher, Flamer, Rhino ... 215

Heavy Support: Predator: Heavy Bolters ... 85
    Heavy Support: Predator: Heavy Bolters ... 85

Any additional ideas ? Feed back is much appreciated

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

It's looking a lot better. I do suggest though that you drop the storm bolters on your tactical sergeants for combi-somethings matching the unit's special weapons. Melta's my preference for this, but there's good arguments for the other guns as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Khornz View Post
    Ottawa eh? +Rep. If you are looking for a game, id be up for it.
    A new challenger Appears!

I'll be there, probably taking photos of it for the Blog that *ahem* is never updated.

Plus rooting for you to beat him. Not hard! Hah..hahah! *ahem*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast