<2000 1750 Charge Of The Thunder wolves (Competitive?) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

1750 Charge Of The Thunder wolves (Competitive?)

Iím currently playing mech guard so Iím now looking for something different; so something thatís favours close combat and doesnít require a lot of models. I also like my armies to be turn heads and be remembered and I think this army would do that quite wellÖ

HQ
    265 - Wolf Lord:
    Thunderwolf Mount, Storm Shield, Frost Blade, Wolf Tooth Necklace, 2 Wolves and Saga of the Bear

ELITES
    165 Iron Priest: Thunderwolf Mount, Wolf Tooth Necklace and 4 Cyberwolves

165 Iron Priest: Thunderwolf Mount, Wolf Tooth Necklace and 4 Cyberwolves

TROOPS
    115 - 7 Grey Hunters: Plasma gun

95 - 6 Grey Hunters: Meltagun

FAST ATTACK
    315 - 5 Thunderwolves:
    Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Melta Bomb, Boltgun

315 - 5 Thunderwolves: Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Melta Bomb, Boltgun

315 - 5 Thunderwolves: Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Melta Bomb, Boltgun

Total: 1750
    Total No: 31 (18 Thunderwolves)
    Kill Pts: 8

I think itís quite a nasty army, I mean itís got 18 thunder wolves which are very agile and have plenty of attacks! Grey Hunters are thrown in reserve for late objective grabbing and I chose the Iron Priests cause I like the idea of an additional 4 T5 wounds (technically) plus an extra powerfist attack. However I know that there are a few weaknesses such as grey knight force weapons will make me cry (hsss) and the lack of ranged weapons may cause problems when facing skimmer armies. But it would certainally entertain me with the seeing the look on opponent's faces at tournaments.

So do you think it would be an interesting and competitive army to play?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Personally, I think your squads could use another Storm Shield. You are putting all these points into essentially 3 units, and a few demolisher cannons or Lascannons will be a bad thing. I am going to go with more interesting than competative, but I think it would fair decently in a tournament scene. Also think about giving your Lord Runic Armor, so you can take a few Missile Launcher shots on your Lord (Or anything AP3) I would drop the Wolves to do this.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

+ Reply to Thread