<2000 500 point Vostroyan expansion to 750-1,000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 point Vostroyan expansion to 750-1,000 points

Hi everyone! I've been lurking around this site for awhile and finaly decided to post up my 500 points of Vostroyans list and see if anyone would be able to help me pick out what I should buy in order to expand it up to 750 or 1,000 points lists. I would like to use all of the models in the 500 point list because I don't have that much money to spend. My list is a seemingly fairly standard mech list.

HQ
    -Primaris Psyker

Troops
    -Veteran Squad - 155
    -3 x Meltas
    -Chimera
    -Veteran Squad - 155
    -3 x Meltas
    -Chimera

Fast Attack
    -Scout Sentinel - 40
    -Autocannon
    -Scout Sentinel - 40
    -Autocannon
    -Scout Sentinel - 40
    -Autocannon

Some pros and cons of the units you recomend would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay so I guess just asking for a list to be built was a bit much. I have been thinking it over and i think that this list might work well. This is 750 points now.

HQ
    CCS - 125
    -4 x Grenade Launchers
    -Chimera

Troops
    Veteran Squad - 155
    -3 x Meltas
    -Chimera
    Veteran Squad - 155
    -3 x Meltas
    -Chimera

Fast Attack
    Scout Sentinel x 2 - 80
    -2 x Autocannon
    Scout Sentinel x 2 - 80
    -2 x Autocannon

Elites
    Psyker Battle Squad - 155
    - 4 x Extras
    - Chimera

So how would this list work? C&C is welcome!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

i'll keep the the 3x sentinels.
    i'd add 2 blobbed IS with 2x lascannons (140p at least, 150 if you put in grenade launchers) and 2 blobbed IS with autocannons and gl (130p) for 990p total. 10pts free!
    or if you want stay mech, drop the psykers and put 2 russes in. do not spend for sponsons tho! a russ should keep moving. hydras are also worth considering in this list. moreover, i'd upgrade the sentinels to the armoured version if possible so you can use them as tarpits against small, numerous threats (which you dramatically lack with this list)
    Last edited by Frost89; May 31st, 2011 at 08:35.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My apologies for not replying to your earlier list, mustn't have noticed it . For your 750 point list, i would just do an outright swap from the PBS to a Leman Russ. A LRBT would be much more effective for roughly the same points. A Demolisher w/ hull HF or a Battle Tank w/ hull Lascannon are IMO the most cost effective loadouts.

If you wanted to retain the Psyker element, a Primaris Psyker can actually work better than a CCS in a mech list. The orders will not be missed and a Primaris Psyker in a Chimera with a unit of Veterans loaded w/ 3x GL can put out a serious amount of S6 shots.

I agree with Frost that if you are looking to make some points you can save 40 by having a single unit of 3 Sentinels.

+ Reply to Thread