<2000 1500 point list, first big one since getting back to Warhammer! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point list, first big one since getting back to Warhammer!

So I've played a couple of lists of Space Marines, mostly 500 and 750 points, but to prepare for a big game coming up with some friends, I needed to make a new list for 1500 points. My main problem with Space Marines is that I'm never good at having few units (which is why I primarily play Imperial Guard). But I've done research with the codex, and I've read it up, down, and sideways for the last 3 weeks, so I'm hoping my facts are straight. Without further ado, here's my 1500 point list:

HQ
    Chapter Master
    -w/ Termie armor, thunder hammer, storm shield

Troops
    2 10-man Tactical Squads
    w/ 2 missile launchers, 2 flamers (1 each for each squad), storm bolter & power weapon for Sergeants, and 2 Rhinos w/ extra storm bolter

10-man Scout squad
    w/ 5 sniper rifles, 1 heavy bolter, & camo cloaks

Elites
    10 man Terminator squad
    w/ 2 cyclone missile launchers & a drop pod

Heavy Support
    Vindicator

My intention was to split up the missile launchers in the tactical squads from the flamers, and have the missile launchers camp, while the Chapter Master joins the Terminator Squad in the drop pod, and have the flamers speed down the battlefield in Rhinos, with the scouts in deep cover providing support for them with the heavy bolter and sniper rifles.

Critique? Thoughts? I can take whatever you guys say...

Steam Profile: Legal Deagles 77 XBL Gamertag: Legal Deagles77 Who you callin' a turkey? - Dr. Steve Brule, "Check it Out! With Dr. Steve Brule"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Half Life4 Lyfe View Post
    So I've played a couple of lists of Space Marines, mostly 500 and 750 points, but to prepare for a big game coming up with some friends, I needed to make a new list for 1500 points. My main problem with Space Marines is that I'm never good at having few units (which is why I primarily play Imperial Guard). But I've done research with the codex, and I've read it up, down, and sideways for the last 3 weeks, so I'm hoping my facts are straight. Without further ado, here's my 1500 point list:

HQ
    Chapter Master
    -w/ Termie armor, thunder hammer, storm shield

Troops
    2 10-man Tactical Squads
    w/ 2 missile launchers, 2 flamers (1 each for each squad), storm bolter & power weapon for Sergeants, and 2 Rhinos w/ extra storm bolter

10-man Scout squad
    w/ 5 sniper rifles, 1 heavy bolter, & camo cloaks

Elites
    10 man Terminator squad
    w/ 2 cyclone missile launchers & a drop pod

Heavy Support
    Vindicator

My intention was to split up the missile launchers in the tactical squads from the flamers, and have the missile launchers camp, while the Chapter Master joins the Terminator Squad in the drop pod, and have the flamers speed down the battlefield in Rhinos, with the scouts in deep cover providing support for them with the heavy bolter and sniper rifles.

Critique? Thoughts? I can take whatever you guys say...

Do you know you have three posts like this? :}

It's not a bad list, I guess, but it can be tailored more for the 1500 points you're aiming at ...

HQ - librarian in terminator armor & storm shield = 140 ( null zone & vortex of doom )

HQ - librarian in terminator armor & storm shield = 140 ( null zone & vortex of doom )

Elites - 4 termies & 1 sergeant ( THs/SSs ) = 200

Troops - tactical squad ( 10 ), missile launcher & meltagun. Sergeant has a combi-melta, melta bombs, & teleport homer. Rhino = 240 ( combat squad )

Troops - tactical squad ( 10 ), ML & meltagun. Sergeant has a combi-melta, melta bombs, & teleport homer. Rhino = 240 ( combat squad )

FA - 1 land speeder with HF ( replaced HB ) & MM = 70

FA - 1 land speeder with HF ( replaced HB ) & MM = 70

HS - devastator squad ( 5 ) 4 MLs = 150

HS - devastator squad ( 5 ) 4 MLs = 150

* The 2 librarians and termie squad use the teleport homers to DS. The 2 librarians drop separately from each other, and from the termie squad. The termies will do some serious damage with their THs, while the 2 librarians can pop tanks, pop transports then butcher what falls out ( most of the time ), and hunt MCs.

* The 2 10man tactical squads will combat squad, leaving behind the ML marines with 4 of his brothers while the meltas zoom ahead to pop transports. They can support the librarians if things get a bit hairy.

* The speeders can zoom ahead and pop the heavy tanks in the first turn ( hopefully ). They're also suited to pop transports and then cook what falls out ...

* The devastators? ... well ... more anti-tank! Or they can frag the hell out of large squads, etc.

This list comes out to 1400 points, leaving 100 points for some wiggle room.

Hopefully I've set you on the right track ...
    Last edited by SheBeast76; May 17th, 2011 at 15:05. Reason: typos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only issue is that I do not own the models for land speeders...
    Id prefer not needing to proxy. I also don't own the thunderfire cannons or bikes... However I used the list against a Dark Eldar army and I actually did fairly well. I dropped the term squad without scattering right next to a ravager and blew it up. The archon and his wyches came in and blew them to pieces but my other groups didn't do half bad...

Now I really like the librarian option you mentioned. Other than the landspeeders which can be fixed thanks for your help... That list would be amazing for Salamanders... You know... Cooking things twice with melta and fire...
    Steam Profile: Legal Deagles 77 XBL Gamertag: Legal Deagles77 Who you callin' a turkey? - Dr. Steve Brule, "Check it Out! With Dr. Steve Brule"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

I don't use TFCs or bike squads either. The TFC is quite a pain to out together, plus there are better options for HS choices. As for bike squads, I prefer land speeders over them. I do have lists, which I haven't played in a while, with bike squads ...

Yes, I've been told my current list, would make a great Salamanders chapter list. Dropping a librarian for Vulkan, and switching around weapons for more melta and thunder hammers, you could make a rather decent one ...

Snagging ideas from a few players here, I'm slowing making changes to my list. Tactical MLs are being replaced with plasma cannons, while the devastator squads are being replaced with AC/LC predators and another speeder. Just that you'd be interested to know.

Glad to hear your having fun with your list, and what you gleaned from me can always be proved upon ... not like I'm a tactical genius or anything, but I get by and have fun :}
    Last edited by SheBeast76; May 20th, 2011 at 15:51.

+ Reply to Thread