<1000 Crowe 1k list friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crowe 1k list friendly

Want to make a purifier crowe list
    here is my idea

HQ
    Crowe

Troops
    Purifier Squad Combat Squad
    • Plus 5
      Psycannon x4
      Hammer
      Halberd x4
      Razorback
      Psybolt ammunition
    • Plus 5
      Psycannon x4
      Hammer
      Halberd x4
      Razorback
      Psybolt ammunition
    Elite
    Techmarine
    • Orbital Strike
      Conversion Beam

This adds up to 993 points

I want the tmarine for the orb strike cause my mate uses lots of vehichles and huddles them up at the start (he plays DE) so hoping to raddle few tanks early on or save it for later

please comment
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if i'm wrong, i don't have my grey knight book on me at the moment, but can't you free up some points taking the conversion beamer off of the Techmarine as you can't fire both that and the orbital strike? I'm also pretty sure you can fire the orbital strike every turn aswell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for pointing that out
    i've redone my list

HQ
    Crowe

Troops

* Plus 5
    Psycannon x4
    Hammer
    Halberd x4
    Razorback
    Psybolt ammunition

* Plus 5
    Psycannon x4
    Hammer
    Halberd x4
    Razorback
    Psybolt ammunition

Elite
    Techmarine

* Orbital Strike
    Psychotroke Grenades

comes up to 991 points

i decided with psychotroke nades cause i will send him in with a purifier squad and it will be helpful against DE wytches

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey 0rkynid. First off, Purifiers don't seem to be worth the cost in a 1k list. I would instead take Strike Squads. 20 points cheaper base points. So instead of Crowe, I would take a Grand Master. And his Grand Strategy is very nice as well. He also wears Terminator armour, which gives him a 5++ save, which could be raised to 4++ with his sword.

The Strike Squads should have something similar to your set. Although they cannot take 2 psycannons per 5 models, they are still overwhelming with their unloading stormbolters. Halberds are usually a must for PAGK, so that's nice. A Daemonhammer is essential as well.

I also noticed that you took Razorbacks with psybolt ammo. From other members, I learned that one should almost always take Rhinos, due to their similar stats and its 2 fire points. You have 2 psycannons to shoot from there!

And your Techmarine is Meh. You will only have 2 vehicles in play. They are not entirely worth it, seeing how you will want to cruise those Rhinos. The Techmarine won't catch up in time. If you really want an orbital Strike Relay, I would put it on your Grand Master. But in a 1K army, you won't need it. Psychotroke nades add a little spice (I love the 6 effect!), but take note on the effects of rad grenades. Understand that Rad nades will work all the time, and the Psychotroke nades won't give you what you want all of the time.

That's how I see your list.

HQ
    GKGM- 235
    -Psycannon, rad nades

Troops
    GKSS-310
    -5 extra models, x2 psycannon, x7 halberds, x1 MC Daemonhammer, Rhino

GKSS-310
    -5 extra models, x2 psycannon, x7 halberds, x1 MC Daemonhammer, Rhino

Now here, you can either take a Dreadnought with x2 TL Autocannons for 135 with 10 points left over on whatever you wish OR a Vindicare Assassin for 145 points. Either way works well. Both can pop vehicles and both can inflict damage. You decide.

Hope I helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    Hey 0rkynid. First off, Purifiers don't seem to be worth the cost in a 1k list. I would instead take Strike Squads. 20 points cheaper base points. So instead of Crowe, I would take a Grand Master. And his Grand Strategy is very nice as well. He also wears Terminator armour, which gives him a 5++ save, which could be raised to 4++ with his sword.
    Grandmaster has a Iron Halo so he has a 4* invo and a sword puts it to 3+ invo,

I've been playing a lot of 1k point list and found that is when Crowe and Purifiers are the best. Yeah they cost a bit more. But they can pack a bigger hit. There one of the few units at that point range that can deal with horde or meq. I like Razorbacks in my Grey Knight army is they are assault cannon with psybolts. Then I get to move and still fire the rending shots. Where as in a rhino you move the 6 and fire two cannons out the guys have moved so they can not fire on heavy mode so only get two shots each that do not rend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monstein View Post
    Grandmaster has a Iron Halo so he has a 4* invo and a sword puts it to 3+ invo
    Even better!

Quote Originally Posted by Monstein View Post
    I've been playing a lot of 1k point list and found that is when Crowe and Purifiers are the best. Yeah they cost a bit more. But they can pack a bigger hit. There one of the few units at that point range that can deal with horde or meq. I like Razorbacks in my Grey Knight army is they are assault cannon with psybolts. Then I get to move and still fire the rending shots. Where as in a rhino you move the 6 and fire two cannons out the guys have moved so they can not fire on heavy mode so only get two shots each that do not rend.
    Well, it's personal opinion in this case. I find that you could get more models/upgrades in by using cheaper yet effective squads when you're at 1K. Razorbacls are fine, but you do not get a 10 model capacity. That assault cannon with psybolt can be considered pretty big, and might just down your army when it gets destroyed. In this case, it depends on what's in your army. But I prefer Rhinos. In Rhinos, the models inside move and cannot use the Heavy option (that much is true). They instead can use the Assault option for half the shots, but still able to do damage. And you are wrong. The psycannon always rends. I read it as firing as Heavy 4 or Assault 2, but Rends either way. If it were to be the way you said it, it would state, "Assault 2 or Heavy 4 w/ rending". But as you can see, there is a comma. I mean, don't you think it makes sense? Why would one option not get rending while the other does?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0rkynid View Post
    thanks for pointing that out
    i've redone my list

HQ
    Crowe

Troops

* Plus 5
    Psycannon x4
    Hammer
    Halberd x4
    Razorback
    Psybolt ammunition

* Plus 5
    Psycannon x4
    Hammer
    Halberd x4
    Razorback
    Psybolt ammunition

Elite
    Techmarine

* Orbital Strike
    Psychotroke Grenades

comes up to 991 points

i decided with psychotroke nades cause i will send him in with a purifier squad and it will be helpful against DE wytches
    If you move the techmarine, he can't use the OSR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael831 View Post
    If you move the techmarine, he can't use the OSR.
    i am aware of that, i was going to have him sit back with purifiers with psycannons blowing stuff up at range

also thanks for all the different posts but i will stay with Crowe cause i like the model and he has killed DE Hesperax many times

yes purifiers cost more points than strike squads but the extra attack and the cleansing flame lets me get those few kills before combat starts, it is very useful against witches with inititive 6

finally it like my razorbacks cause each squad is only 5 and 6 so a rhino would be useless

once again thank you for all your posts it has given me a better idea for later list and cheers for reminding em about the nemesis sword invulnerable perk it will be useful in my termy lists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah purifiers are the way to go, and i wouldn't keep them back with the techmarine, as they are more points than a strike squad because they have an extra attack and have the cleansing flame power, so they should get into combat with 3 attacks each and burning the hell out of the enemy.

And sorry for bringing up the rhino / razorback argument again but rhinos would be a better option, you can carry your entire squad and only combat squad when you disembark, and you can have a better weapon than the heavy bolter as you can fire 2 psycannons out of the fire points, it's also cheaper.

And for crowe, i wouldn't run him with a unit, as he is way too risky if the enemy assualt you, as they get re rolls to hit and furious charge, instead run him on his own trying to target units that wouldn't hurt him too much eg power weapons and just tie them up by re rolling your saves, he can also use his cleansing flame ability while he does this.
    Last edited by Horse_Nose_Donkey; May 22nd, 2011 at 13:23.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Crowe isn't an IC. He can't join a unit. Purifiers or not. Ever.

The orbital strike is a huge point sink. Huge. You can shave a few off by taking an inquisitor, conversion Beamer (yes, yes, I originally said OS relay) and power armour. You lose out on 1 toughness, strength, and their power weapon, but gain a 3 wound model and the ability to take a warband, to add to your inquisitors fire support. Plus, if you were so inclined, you could drop a razorback and take a Chimera, and give it to a Purifier squad. Losing out on a TL HB, but a multi-laser is almost as good, solid range, and you've got 5 firing ports on the back for your purifiers to shoot their psycannons out of.
    Last edited by cKerensky; May 22nd, 2011 at 16:38.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast