<3000 2K First Attempt at a Crow List! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2K First Attempt at a Crow List!

Hq-150 points
    Castellan Crowe

Troops-900 points (Rhinos)
    10x GKPS/10 halberds/rhino- 260 points (Rhino)

Fast Attack- 320 points
    5x GKIS/1 Psycannon/Psybolt Ammo- 160 points
    5x GKIS/1 Psycannon/Psybolt Ammo- 160 points

Heavy Support- 390 points
    Dreadknight/ Heavy Psycannon/ Nemesis Great Sword- 195 points
    Dreadknight/ Heavy Psycannon/ Nemesis Great Sword- 195 points

Elites- 149 points
    Techmarine/ Orbital Relay/ 3 skulls- 149 points

Total- 140+390+320+780+120+150+9-1909 points (91 left over)

Okay, first off, what do I do with 100 points? Second, what should I change. The idea is interceptors can deepstrike and sit on objectives dreadknights tear up enemies. Cleansing Flame rips up plus Init 6 means they can finish off most before they're even hit (purifiers). Techmarine is for relay and repairs on transports. One problem, how do i get my techmarine across the field? Thanks guys

Last edited by devinmullenftw; May 21st, 2011 at 04:04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Take the point values off of Crowe and the rhinos, listing them is against forum rules.

2. Think about dropping a few of the halberds for psycannons or incinerators, a bit more killing in the shooting phase, especially for enemies you don't want to assault.

3. Leave the techmarine where he starts, preferably in cover, which allows him to use OSR every turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello?

Guys? Anymore suggestions? My list can't be perfect...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off remove the points we all know how much stuff cost and GW gets mad if people post the cost of things on other peoples forums to the point they might try to shut them down if it gets bad that is why there is a rule about not posting points.
    I'd make the GKISs one squad. Can get he same weapons and you save points on only buying the ammo one time.
    Dreadknights need the teleport homer IMO. With out it they are to slow to make someone really worry about them. Most people where I am do not worry about them tell they find out it can move 12 or 30.
    How are you going to run Crowe? Where is he going to hide?
    Purifiers are sick shooters. 2 cannons for every 5 guys is nuts. IMO that is where the power for the squad comes from. They shoot amazing and are strong in CQB.
    I don't see tec marines to be worth there points. The OS is nice if you can roll low or are close to a skull for the one turn that skull will be there. I know the things I'd be shooting at with this list will not be with in range of the skulls or have already removed the skulls.
    Your really really week in Anti tank, IMO, The tec marines is to random for me and only two moving Cannons does not make me a very happy camper at 2k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I agree with Monstein, you are really weak when it comes down to anti tank, the techmarine is very random, a full 2d6 and you can't get a direct hit isn't too good, and those dreadknights will get shot to pieces before getting to any tank in combat, if you drop the techmarine you can get the teleporter on both of the DKs, the only way to make them worth it, but they become a lot of points.

I don't think the interceptor squads will do too much, as the one psycannon only has 2 shots on the move, and i'm not really a fan of deep striking, you'll need to be out in the open to not mishap and then you'll get shot to pieces.

Those purifiers really need psycannons, they can take out land raiders if you're lucky, and are really good against anything to be honest.

If you drop a few things, for example the IS grey knights you can get a land raider, being able to fire a twin linked lascannon against two units is not be missed. You can even get two if you drop one of the dread knights, as i think they are really over priced when it's so many points to make them worth it as jump infantry.

I'm sure if you have a few games proxying with different lists you could find out what really works and whether you can get those DKs to work, it's not all about the list remember.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GKSS can deepstrike as well! If you just want to just keep em on objectives use those, because they are scoring. if you drop the interceptors you can take 2 full 10 man GKSS with the points you have as leftovers.

Personally I would use one extra GKSS and take a psyflemen dreadnought (2X TL assaultcannon+psybolt ammo). I would drop the techmarine as well. Take hammers in each squad, and load up on psycannons.

just my 2 cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orbital Strike Relay with the Techmarine isn't the way to go when your goal is anti-tank (random accuracy is a no.) and repairing. Rhinos are either going to be blown to bits, or will repair themselves - they're magical y'know.

- Techmarine.
    240 left.

- Both Heavy cannons from Dreadknights.
    320 left.

+1 Psyrifle Dread
    (135)
    185 left.

+Teleport homers to dreadknights
    35 left.

Lose the 320 pts of Fast attack. Add 2 Psycannons and 1 Hammer to each Purifier unit, add a heavy incinerator to each dreadknight. 220 left still. (Still think at 1501 - 2000 pts you should have a minmum of 2 Dreads.)

You can do the rest from there, I just simply made the units you already have, better at what they should do. A big tip would be not to run things at half-strength or half-capability.

G'lucks
    Grey Knights - W 3 / D 0 / L 0

You never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Ok, I agree with many things that have been said and I disagree with one or two.

First of all, you need to drop the techmarine, in nearly every marine codex it is never an effective choice. I would use the points on a couple personal teleporters for the DK's and trade out their heavy cannons for some heavy incinerators.

As far as the Interceptors go, I am actually a fan of them. They make a great harrassment unit. The other day I proxied a unit of 10 of them against a longfang spam SW list and they did absolutely amazing at shunting up to the longfangs and murdering them with psycannon and str 5 stormbolter fire. They are also great at contesting your opponents objectives and supporting teleporting DK's

Here is how I would change your list.

Crowe

3x10 Purifiers
    4 Psycannons
    Deamonhammer
    5 Halberds
    Rhino

10 Interceptors
    2 Psycannons
    Psybolt Ammo

2x Dreadknights
    Personal Teleporter
    Heavy Incinerator
    Greatsword

This leaves you with 25 pts left. I tried not to change the list itself too much as I dont know if you are limited on models, but the changes I made I feel will help your list be much more competitive.

The purifiers need to take advantage of the special weapons they can get, its one of their biggest strengths, so the 4 psycannons will greatly increase their threat range and they will still pack quite the punch in CC.

The Interceptors are better as one squad of ten. You end up paying less since you only have to buy psybolt ammo once, and in kill points missions you have less killpoints to give the enemy. In other missions you can still combat squad the unit to get the exact same effect as your original list.

The DK's need the PT's, it increases their threat so much. The greatsword is an almost mandatory upgrade IMO, and the incinerator just gives them the ability to take on nearly anything.

For the last 25 points the only thing I really thought of was maybe getting a couple daemonhammers on the interceptor squad. It will make your opponent think twice about charging them (since you want them to be mobile shooters) and if you combat squad you can have a psycannon and deamonhammer in each squad. Plus its always nice to have at least once deamonhammer in each squad in case they get tied up with a walker or something along those lines.

With the 25 points you could maybe throw a couple d
    Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; May 27th, 2011 at 23:54.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had to were you a list without a Dread model the list above is the same thing I'd build you (12 Psycannons, yes please). I'd give that a go as it does have synergy wth what you originally posted. Hope you've got the answers or feedback you expected with this thread.
    Grey Knights - W 3 / D 0 / L 0

You never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

An alternate suggestion is, you could drop one of the dreadknights from the list I suggested for a pair of psyfleman dreads. Could do this list well to add in some ranged threat for enemy transports.

+ Reply to Thread