<3000 Help me get my army ready for 'Ard Boyz! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

Help me get my army ready for 'Ard Boyz!

Hey guys. Been playing Guard for about a year now, and I need to get the army up to 2500 points by August for Round 1 of 'Ard Boyz. Here's the 2000 point list I've been using, and for the most part it has served me well, losing only once (to necrons, of all things. It's hard to win when your opponent only fails 3 WBB rolls for the entire game. fml). This is pretty much everything I have, and hopefully we can get those extra 500 without forcing me to take out a loan.

HQ
    Company Command Squad with 2 plasma guns, autocannon, and officer of the fleet
    120 pts

Lord Commissar
    70 pts

Troops
    Veteran Squad with 3 meltaguns in chimera with multilaser and heavy flamer
    155 pts

155 pts

155 pts

Infantry Platoon
    Platoon Command Squad with 4 meltaguns in chimera with multilaser, heavy flamer and heavy stubber
    125 pts

Infantry Squad with Grenade Launcher and Autocannon
    65 pts

Infantry Squad with Grenade Launcher and Autocannon
    65 pts

Autocannon Squad
    75 pts

Lascannon Squad
    105 pts

Lascannon Squad
    105 pts

Heavy Support
    2 Leman Russ Battle Tanks
    300 pts

2 Leman Russ Demolishers
    330 pts

Manticore Rocket Launcher
    160 pts

Total: 1995 pts

Basically I stretch the infantry in front of my tanks to keep them from getting assaulted (or just objective camp with them if I'm not facing a fighty army), while the Lord Com makes them Ld10 and stubborn, who also makes my Heavy Weapon teams much more likely to pass their orders as long as he stays close.

So here are my thoughts. Vendettas would obviously be nice, but they're a bit too much $$$ for my taste. They would definitely be useful at lower points too though, so that's a major selling point. Hellhounds are also something I've been considering. I also think I'll get a chimera for the CCS, just for a little added protection, and probably give them all plasma guns in this case. Generally I've been able to hide them well, but the extra protection is always nice. Finally, maybe swapping the Demolishers for Exectuioners? Exectutioners are cripplingly expensive at lower points, but I have room to indulge at 2500, so it's been a thought. It's a lot of eggs in one basket though.....

So what do you guys think?

The enemy's gate is down

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

You want to go with quantity over quality with IG. The Demolisher and LRBT will do everything you ever need for HS.

Definitely go for the CCS Chimera it makes them mobile and extends their order raidius by about 2 inches.

I recommend a pair of hellhounds with hull MM and maybe a third with a hull HF.

Another thing worth considering is 5 man stormie squads in Chimeras with 2x multimeltas. They make awesome speedbumps and can create nice terrain bottlenecks to slow down or disrupt the advance of some MSU lists.

Another option that you can never go wrong with is more troops.

If it were me, I would take:

2x Hellhound with hull MM (290 ) - to cover the flanks of your Chimelta squads and provide a fast and flexible unit with anti-horde and anti heavy armor capacity.
    2x (5) Stormtrooper Squads with 2x meltagun (210 ) - useful to get melta into those hard to reach places. deploy by infiltrate, deepstrike, or outflank as the situation requires.
    Last edited by IronWeevil; May 25th, 2011 at 17:48. Reason: death to smileys
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Double post
    Last edited by IronWeevil; May 25th, 2011 at 17:48.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

605 (x8)

Double post
    Last edited by IronWeevil; May 25th, 2011 at 17:47.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were you I would get at least 1 Valkyrie and accompanying squad of vets just for obj capping as your crossways capture and control is nasty.
    I roll with:
    Valkyrie Assault Carrier
    Multiple rocket pods 130

Veterans
    2x flamer
    heavy flamer
    sgt w/ powerfist + shotgun
    7 shotguns
    grenadiers 145
    total 275 so you still have 230 for hellhounds

+ Reply to Thread