<2000 2k Henchman - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2k Henchman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k Henchman

So I just played this list on saturday night vs blood angels and space wolves, it did AMAZING all the squads are VERY rezillient to fire. Those 4 crusaders take a pounding a 3++ is so good not to mention me casting shrouding and making sure my squads are in cover gives me a 3+ cover save. 4 Assassins in each squad is just hilarious as well. The blood angel player had a pimped out assault squad and was so eager to charge me. He had furious charge and upgrades on his guys. To bad only one got to swing since I6 is better then I5 With his one guy he did manage to wound me two times and I just put them on crusaders and they blocked them with there shields and then proceeded to kill the lone standing seargent. What is so awesome is my opponents were so scared to assault me even though they were fairly assaulty of an army and my meltas and psyfleman dreads are really good at shooting.

I found the librarian to be very useful I did something somewhat cheesy and I am curious what you all think of it. When one of my henchman squads failed there moral check and started to run I summened them with the librarian and then joined the squad and since the librarian has the rule they shall know no fear they autoregrouped since I was 6 inches away from the enemy even though they were below half strength. Worked great! Unless you guys think that is not a legal move (although I am pretty sure it is) it sure was helpful! Saved a squad and one less kill point for them! I am not 100% sure if the warding staff is worth its 35 points although its sort of hard to say because no one ever bothered to attack my librarian in close combat since they didnt want to waste there attacks vs him. But I think I will keep it on him and test it out more and see how it goes. Would love more suggestions on the list as I am in the process of buying and painting it up at this moment.
    HQ
    Coteaz 100

Librarian 200
    -Warding staff
    -MoT, Shrouding, Summoning

Elites

Ven Dreadnought 195
    -TL AC
    -Assault Cannon
    -Psybolt

Troops

11 Henchman 217
    -3 Flamers
    -3 Assassins
    -4 Crusaders
    -1 Arco Flagelents
    -Chimera

10 Henchman 217
    -3 Melta
    -3 Assassins
    -4 Crusaders
    -Chimera
    (Librarian in here)

11 Henchman 217
    -3 Melta
    -4 Assassins
    -4 Crusaders
    -Chimera

11 Henchman 217
    -3 Melta
    -4 Assassins
    -4 Crusaders
    -Chimera

11 Henchman 217
    -3 Plasma
    -4 Assassins
    -4 Crusaders
    -Chimera

Fast Attack
    N/A

Heavy Support
    Psyifleman Dreadnought 135

2000 points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

35 Pts for a 2+ invul in CC isn't worth it at all in comparison to the 4+ natural. Just keep him with a sword.

Anyway body of the list :

Your squads look like you're trying to fit them out to fight multiple threats, whilst it's sound on paper, it's bad in practice. It's better than a previous posted Henchmen list I bashed cause at least your list has synergy.

Righto- so first, the shooty squads, I have to reccommend 2 Jokearos. Make your Chimera firepoints scream anti-tank fire.

Next, I honestly don't like to look of random assassin in shooty units, the random arco made me want to jump off a bridge. If you're running assassins, make an assassin unit(s)! I reccomend a mixture of your choice between assassins and crusaders up to 11 models (so you can throw in the Librarian, etc if you want). Crusaders NEED to be with this unit as you will be disembarking with them.

I usually run 7/4 Assasin to crusaders. Simply put, whatever unit they attack, will be dead after the first round of combat. The crusaders make fighting power weapons, MCs etc, getting shot at as you footslog from your disembarked vehcile, a doddle, as well know 3++ is beautiful.

At 2k, seeing 2 combat units (above) and 2 shooty units (use the damn monkeys) minimum would be nice. It'd allow your units to be good at doing one thing rather than being 'ok' at multiple things. Focus is good.

Last note: as I am dribbling on now. I'd like to see a dreadknight here. They are amazing fire magnets, and chimeras aren't the most sturdy of vehicles. I see you have more mech on the back line than most pure GK lists at this point level. Considering your mobile-monkey-anti-tank shots, maybe consider dropping a dread portion for a dreadknight? I dunno; I think you may enjoy a teleporting flanker with this list, buying time's never bad.

Also kudos on making a BA player worry about assaulting, that's more psychological than anything. Good stuff.

G'luck!
    Grey Knights - W 3 / D 0 / L 0

You never know.

+ Reply to Thread