<2000 Escalation Candidate 3 Hybrid 1850 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Escalation Candidate 3 Hybrid 1850

Gotta love point inflation. Soliciting comments and criticism of the latest draft for 1850.

HQ:

CCS: 4x Plasmagun, MoO, Astropath, Camo Cloaks

Troops:

Vet Squad: 3x Plasma, Lascannon, Demolitions, Grenadiers

Vet Squad: 3x Plasma, Lascannon, Demolitions, Grenadiers

Vet Squad: 3x Melta, Chimera

Vet Squad: 3x Melta, Chimera

Infantry Platoon:
    PCS: 4x Melta, Chimera, AlRaheem
    IS: Autocannon, Grenade Launcher, Chimera
    IS: Autocannon, Grenade Launcher, Chimera

Heavy Support:

Demolisher: Hull HF

Demolisher: Hull HF

Ordinance Battery:
    Griffon: Hull HF x3

Those of you who've been paying attention will notice that this is a refinement/expansion of my last 1250 list. It has a defensive element for the battery, and an aggressive mechanized midfield element. What's new is the outflanking mech platoon for mid-late game forward objective grabbing.

Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Even with camo cloaks they make a juicy target unable to take casualties. I would swap MoO and cammo for a chimera. Possibly take a standard to keep nearby chaps happy.

Troops: Melta vets would make better use of the Demolitions I think. Footslogging guard rarely reach 6" range if the enemy notice they have demolitions. Plasma squads would do better with cammo cloaks if they are playing defensive fire screen and objective sitting. Platoon seems fine.

Heavy: Allways take hull HB on russ. They should never allow them selves to get that close to the enemy and a HB will fire every turn throughout the game. Hull HF on chimeras and artillery units like basilisks or griffons make sense.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
    HQ: Even with camo cloaks they make a juicy target unable to take casualties. I would swap MoO and cammo for a chimera. Possibly take a standard to keep nearby chaps happy.

First of the MoO is purely a filler choice. I'm primarily taking it for fun. Juiciness aside, a 3+ cover save should suffice for most things. Should my opponent care to expend extra fire at a non scoring unit, I'm inclined to let them.

Troops: Melta vets would make better use of the Demolitions I think. Footslogging guard rarely reach 6" range if the enemy notice they have demolitions.

They are a defensive unit, the demolitions are to add to their deterrent value against deepstriking and assault units. Their primary role in life is to preserve the 12" space around the Griffon battery.

Plasma squads would do better with cammo cloaks if they are playing defensive fire screen and objective sitting. I'm inclined to agree on this point, but budget concerns and a reasonable expectation of assault led me to avoid this choice.

Platoon seems fine.

Heavy: Allways take hull HB on russ. They should never allow them selves to get that close to the enemy and a HB will fire every turn throughout the game. Hull HF on chimeras and artillery units like basilisks or griffons make sense.
    This one, I will have to disagree with. Demolishers have, in my experience, been assault magnets. The Demolisher's 24 in range of engagement makes the HF a better match for it's typical range tier. The fact that HB are just shy of useless vs MEQs at BS3 is a further negative here.

Thanks for the feedback

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I used to hut Hull HF on russ. On average in a game (assuming the tank survives) a hull HB should fire 18 times getting 9 hits. Over a game a hull HF will probably only fire once and is unlikely to get 9 hits unless the enemy is very cooperative and bunches together. The strength and AP are the same.

It's a matter of taste I suppose. Do you prefer the steady trickle of firepower of the HB or the all at once power of the HF. I prefer the former as it keeps your tanks out of krak grenade range on the following turn.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
    I used to hut Hull HF on russ. On average in a game (assuming the tank survives) a hull HB should fire 18 times getting 9 hits. Over a game a hull HF will probably only fire once and is unlikely to get 9 hits unless the enemy is very cooperative and bunches together. The strength and AP are the same.

It's a matter of taste I suppose. Do you prefer the steady trickle of firepower of the HB or the all at once power of the HF. I prefer the former as it keeps your tanks out of krak grenade range on the following turn.
    I suspect that personal taste and play style factor into our difference of opinion on this one. I don't use Demolishers in isolation. There will usually be between two and three melta armed Vet squads operating in close support (plus or minus their transports). My opponents re typically forced to devote considerable high str shooting or elite assault units to deal with this particular force element.

+ Reply to Thread