<1000 Old School Grey Knight List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old School Grey Knight List

HQ

Crowe 150

Troops

5 X Purifiers 149
    - 2 Halberds
    - 1 Incinerator
    - 1 Warding Stave
    - 1 Deamonhammer

5 X Purifiers 149
    - 2 Halberds
    - 1 Incinerator
    - 1 Warding Stave
    - 1 Deamonhammer

Heavy Support

Land Raider 255

Land Raider 255

TOTAL 958

Both purifiers would be in their own Land Raider, with Crowe marching forwards behind them, just like old school times.

Opinions? Thoughts? Suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

To be more effective but stay along the same theme, I suggest droping a Purifier squad for a deepstriking strike squad and put crowe in the other land raider? Just a thought

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

Crowe and Purifiers works well in low point games. If you are looking at putting a 1000 point list together, then you appear to have 42 points to spare. Get a rhino for Crowe with it. Two points left, get a searchlight for the Rhino (rather than one of the LRs). That way Crowe doesn't have to walk. It's gotta be frustrating for the guy, footslogging everywhere, getting his boots stuck in knee deep mud, muttering under his breath something about his own comrades not wanting to be around him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatara View Post
    Crowe and Purifiers works well in low point games. If you are looking at putting a 1000 point list together, then you appear to have 42 points to spare. Get a rhino for Crowe with it. Two points left, get a searchlight for the Rhino (rather than one of the LRs). That way Crowe doesn't have to walk. It's gotta be frustrating for the guy, footslogging everywhere, getting his boots stuck in knee deep mud, muttering under his breath something about his own comrades not wanting to be around him.
    Is Crowe allowed to be in a rhino? Or any transport for that matter?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

You can't get one specifically for him, but you can for one of your squads. Then at the start of the game, start Crowe next to it and let him jump in. The LRs aren't dedicated transport, so the squad you got the rhino for can still jump in that instead (and having 2 LRs in a 1000 point game are going to be very difficult to budge).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the fact you broke the mold from the current thread lists here.

At 1000 pts I know for a fact I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of 2 Land Raiders. If you add a Rhino for Crowe (as mentioned above) plus the filler lights etc. You'll be all set.

(I also lul hard at the fact in a mirror match Rifle dreads won't hurt you at all. Also the unexpected stave-tech laughs at this chance battle.)

I like this, solid, essentially two giant bricks as an army, but it's different. It rushes up, unloads, assault, kill. 10 men makes me sad however and the lack of a Psycannon anywhere, but you won't ever really be standing still.

Grey Knights - W 3 / D 0 / L 0

You never know.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I realized after doing some calculations that your purifier point values are incorrect, it should be 154 for your squads. You haven't been including the 5 points for the daemon hammers.

I can't see this army being truly competitive. It could really put up a fight against a few armies, but there are just too many that would wipe it clean. I understand at 1000 points there aren't too many heavy weapons choices to pop the land raiders, but there are no guarantees. Expect one to die early and when it does, a 5 man squad of T4 (even in cover), will go down fast. Against horde armies, the landraiders won't do much, and after your purifiers will just get overwhelmed. Guard melta vets, gene stealer spam, etc. all concern me.

As it stands, your success is entirely dependent on dice rolls and your opponents army composition (of course this is always true, but it's magnified in this case).

if you don't mind an alteration:

HQ

Crowe 150

Troops

6 X Purifiers 178
    - 2 Halberds
    - 2 Incinerator
    - 1 Warding Stave
    - 1 Deamonhammer
    Razorback 45

6 X Purifiers 178
    - 2 Halberds
    - 2 Incinerator
    - 1 Warding Stave
    - 1 Deamonhammer
    Razorback 45

5 X Purifiers 141
    - 3 Halberds
    - 1 Psycannon
    - 1 Deamonhammer

Heavy Support

Land Raider 255

TOTAL 992

This change loses the fire power of 1 landraider, but gains 2 heavy bolters, 2 incinerators, and a psycannon to make up for it. The 7 extra purifiers also will add greatly too your army's staying power and ability to hold objectives. Also what makes purifiers so great is their ability to take two cheap special weapons, which wasn't being capitalized on.
    Tau my love! You are back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh yeah, you are right. I must've gotten confused with the pallys, thinking they are free upgrades for purifiers too.

I like the list you gave me expect for the Razorbacks, as they are not assult veichles, which make them really bad, just like the rhinos. You get out of them and you just get shoot at = pointless.

What would you say about having an interceptor squad in there maybe?

Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Actually, the razorbacks are not as bad as you make them seem. The enemy first has to get through their armour before shooting/assaulting your purey's. And dont forget that if you get assaulted, you can use cleansing flame in your opponents turn also, and without paired weapons, the bonuses for charging will not make too much difference anyways, especially if you cut down some models with your I6 halberds/cleansing flame before they get to strike.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Razorbacks are there to provide fire support. Any transporting they provide is gravy. A Razorback with psybolts is almost a steal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast