<3000 Blood Angels Successor Chapter 2000 pt army. Need advice please. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Angels Successor Chapter 2000 pt army. Need advice please.

So after recently finishing my eldar army i started looking for a 2nd army. My eldar do pretty decently against the orks and tau i often fight with but lately ive had some difficulty with grey knights and Chaos Space Marines. After reviewing some of the armies to choose from i picked Blood Angels and here i am. I've made a couple lists and this one seemed to be the most effective.
    The librarian and reclusiarch are part of the armies fluff but they are still subject to change if need be. Also i really only play with my brother cousins and the local hobby shop. rule for us is within 30 points. So technically 2030 points is acceptable. But not necessary.
    Keep in mind i mainly am facing a mech ork list. chaos-he uses a land raider and a bunch of heavy support that i can never seem to kill. grey knights-lotta termies. and tau occasionally but im not too worried about them and tyranids-large swarm with a hive tyrant.

HQ-340
    Librarian-180
    -Epistolary-2 psychic power
    -Might of Heroes + Sanguine Sword. 3 + D3 attacks at str 10 seemed helpful
    -Terminator armor and a storm bolter- better saves was definitly welcome
    Reclusiarch(chaplain)-160
    -Terminator Armor/Storm bolter

Elites-480
    5 Standard Terminators-230
    -Assault Cannon
    * i chose these because my army needed a bit more firepower and i definitly have enough CQB possible units. I plan to field this inside a land raider crusader with my librarian and reclusiarch(liturgies of battle=reroll to hit)
    Land Raider Crusader-250
    -comes with sponsons-hurricane bolters
    -twin-linked assault cannon
    -frag assault launcher

Troops-920
    10 Assault Marines-215
    -Powerfist
    -Melta bombs-for taking out enemy vehicles if necessary dont have any lascannons in this army unfortunatly aside from the 2 on my predator.

10 Assault Marines-215
    -Same as above

10 Tactical Marines-245
    -Heavy Bolter
    -Power Fist
    -Rhino

10 Tactical Marines-245
    -Same as above

Fast Attack-145

Baal Predator-145
    -Heavy Bolter side sponsons

Heavy Support-135

Predator-135
    -Lascannon side sponsons

Total:2020

Now i was debating dropping a tactical squad for another assault squad but i likely wont.

Also i was thinking of taking a standard land raider. instead of putting the librarian and reclusiarch with the termies id put each of em in an assault squad with JPs? allows for more anti tank weaponry cuz standard land raiders have lascannons
    -i will most likely change the land raiders and the squads they are in based on who i am fighting. ie-fighting chaos or grey knights ill more likely want those lascannons. but with orks tyranids and tau ill like the assault cannon and hurrican bolters more for the extra shots and for the larger squad with the terminators getting extra attacks. also dependant on if im playing objectives or not. objectives- throw Hqs in with troops so they are more useful. If annihilation then with terminators for raw killing power.

All comments are welcome and needed. im not new to the game in any means so hit me with all you got.

Thanks- Autarch/ChapterMasterThurmond

Last edited by AutarchThurmond; June 11th, 2011 at 00:25.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

get a multimelta on the land raider. get melta guns on the assault squads if you'll be seeing lots of heavy tanks, they can get 2 each. missiles on the tac squads, get a cyclone missile on the terminators if you have to take the stormbolter ones at all, TH/SS and double LC are considered by most to be better, especially in an assault vehicle. ditch the chaplain, grab 2-3 sanguinary priests, feel no pain will pay for itself vs orks and the like.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

As juggulator said, Assault Terminators are a better choice for riding in Land Raiders than the shooty variant. Keep the Chaplain with them for devastating charges but run the Librarian with the Assault Squads.

Why are you not using special weapons in your troops? And give the Tactical squads missile launchers or lascannons to help counter the vehicles you face They probably don't need Rhinos, which will give you a few points. You can also drop the 'Epistolary' upgrade too, if needed. If you can manage a Priest to go with the Assaults as well, that would be excellent.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay thanks guys. ill give it a try and see what happens. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd run the Baal with the assaultcannon + heavy flamers. I'm playing a 'road to glory' campaign with a mate who plays eldar. And it has been the bane of his existence. I have 2 wins and 2 draws(that would of been losses if the predator wasn't so boss). Outflank it and you can either wreck your opponets fave vehicle or shower infantry in flames. Priceless in objective games. Against MEQ it loses some of its potency but HB aren't going to do any better in that situation.

+ Reply to Thread