<2000 BA 1850 mech - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BA 1850 mech

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BA 1850 mech

Hey all, been involved with 40k for years but never have played much. Mostly I used to collect/paint the models as a hobby and just dabbled with the actual game. Now I'm becoming more involved in playing the game. I play at a local friendly club but would like to start playing at local tourneys eventually. So I know the mechanics of the game and all but I lack the tactical and stategic experience to do very well. So long story short I have been playing some games lately and have been trying to come up with a good tourney friendly take all comers list.

Blood Angels 1850

HQ

Librarian ------------------100
    - Might of Heros
    - Shield of Sanguinius

Honor guard ---------------180
    - Blood Champion
    - 1 Power Weapon
    - Chapter Banner

Elites

Sanguinary Priests x2 ------130
    - Power Weapons x2

Furioso Dreadnaught --------140
    - Blood Fists
    - Magna-Grapple

Troops

Assault Squad x9 ----------257
    - Meltagun
    - Sargent Power Fist
    - Sargent Infernus Pistol
    - Rhino
    — Dozer Blade
    — Extra armor

Assault Squad x9 ----------257
    - Meltagun
    - Sargent Power Fist
    - Sargent Infernus Pistol
    - Rhino
    — Dozer Blade
    — Extra armor*

Scout Squad ---------------100
    - Sniper Rifles x4
    - Missile Launcher
    - Camo Cloaks

Fast

Baal Predator --------------150
    - Assualt Cannon
    - Heavy Bolter
    - Dozer Blade

Baal Predator --------------150
    - Assualt Cannon
    - Heavy Bolter
    - Dozer Blade

Heavy

Predator ------------------140
    - Autocannon
    - Lascannon Sponsons
    - Dozer blade

StormRaven Gunship --------245
    - Assualt Cannon
    - Multi Melta
    - Hurricane Bolter Sponsons
    - Extra Armor

Total ---------------------1849

My basic thought is as follows. The Sang. Priests join each of the Assualt squads, the Librarian and his honor guard along with the deadnaught deploy in the storm raven. These units form my strike force. The Baal preads and the auto/lass pred can run the flank provideng ranged anti tank and fire support. The scout squad dosent fit with the maneuverability of the rest of the list but they provide cheap objective holders with a Missle launcher. Please any thoughts or criticism would be much appreciated.

It is my sacred duty to save your soul from the Dark Gods of Chaos... and I willsave your soul, even if you die in the process.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

The list looks good, I only have a few suggestions:

I would consider dropping something for another stormraven, as I have come to find 1 doesnt survive long by itself, most opponents will consider it priority no.1

If you could find points, run one with librarian and honour guard, the other with assault squad/Priest and furioso, just so your opponent will have to decide what is priority no.1 Even consider putting the other priest with the Librarians unit.

As I dont play BA's my advice may not be sound, consider me an outsider looking in.

On a side note: If you are just getting into playing the game, take what you like over what you have been told is good, find your play style and what works for you and enjoy yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd also suggest dropping something to fill out that last slot on the Assault Squads and get another weapon upgrade, like perhaps dozer blades and extra armour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    191 (x3)

Extra armor on the dread.. A stunned dread is a waste. With the extra armor at least it can move and possibly get into combat.
    NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000
    Some pics form my hobby. http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...arodragon/40k/

+ Reply to Thread