<2000 my first IG army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my first IG army list

hey guys i have played alot of different armies and i think i have found my calling in the IG. in reading up on many army list posts i am still having trouble figureing out what to put together. so in saying that i will put out what i was thinking and if you could give me any feed back that would be great.

ccs 4/w meltas chimera 145

vet squad 3/w meltas chimera 155
    vet squad chimera 125
    vet sqauad 3/w plasma chimera 170

lrbt x6 900

this equals out to 1495

one thing i notice is that not to many lists have a bunch of lrbt. are these untis jsut not that widely wanted. pie plates are a good thing i thought

one more thing i notice is that not to many lists carry bane-wolf a template that wounds on a 2 plus. if this list seems great then i will be movng on to 2k points adding these bane-wolfs to them or am i insane.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: OK. All chimeras should take ML/HF

Troops: Fine. A shame to let some vets be without special weapons. Drop a melta from the CCS and with your 5 points left over take 3 flamers or 3 GLs on squad #2

Heavy: 3x2 Russ are ok. They are not uncompetetive at all and keeping them cheap means the enemy must allocate lots of firepower to kill a medium effect tank.
    I would like to see some demolishers with hull lascannon in there. They are 30 points more than a russ so get two and then swap 2 russ for 3 hydras or griffons. That will free up 75 points enough for 2 demolishers and 15 points left over to upgrade special weapons on a vet squad to meltas or plasmas.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LRBTs are great w/hf or lazcannon depending what u wana do, with no supporting infantry i'd go with hfs for when the enemy assults them. squadroning is good but 1 per slot works fine in my experience.

I use a banewolf-----its death on treads, many a whole squad of marines has been killed when they got too close. because the chem cannon has no strengh value, it can be counted as a defensive wepon. This allows you to move 12inches and fire both that and the heavy flamer, treating the heavy flamer as your choice of 1 main weapon. keep them covered though cos people will shoot at it. But then with so many russes they might not!

Let the enemy come to you, shooting them with ordanance then when close swing round with your banewolf to kill what comes out of transports.

enjoy

+ Reply to Thread