<2000 IG 1500 List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IG 1500 List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG 1500 List

Hey again guys, I ordered a bunch of models and finished puting them together and painting them for my old army list and I was looking to expand. I have changed my list a little from what i posted previously and I would like additional feedback.

CCS, 4x Plasmaguns, Chimera with ML+HHF - 165 points
    Veterans, 3x Meltaguns, Chimera with ML+HHF - 155 points
    Veterans, 3x Meltaguns, Chimera with ML+HHF - 155 points
    Infantry Platoon - 240 points
    PCS with 1x GL+AC - 45 points
    Infantry Squad with GL+AC - 65 points
    Demolisher with HHF - 165 points
    3x Scout Sentinels with 3x AC - 130 points
    Stormtroopers with 2x Meltaguns - 105 points
    Stormtroopers with 2x Plasmaguns - 115 points
    Medusa - 135 points
    Medusa - 135 points

Total Points: 1500

Basically my 1000 points list is everything but the Infantry Platoon and the Medusas, and I play it very offensively but with the addition of 500 points i gave myself a home objective holder with the Medusas sitting back and shoot with the Infantry Squads while the Stormtroopers outflank with the Sentinels and the Demolisher + 3 Chimeras just charge up the field.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

i'd drop the medusa and duplicate your platoon, giving them LC instead of AC. But it's just me, i like infantry hordes over vehicles.
    I don't use Vendettas or Valks...if Guardsmen were meant to fly, the Emperor would have given them wings. (343rd Mordian)
    The battle for Hidaxes SubSector (Listwar)! 184th Cadian blog: 184th.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Drop the plasma guns from the storm troops. They already pay throught the nose for the AP3 hell gun so dont pay a second time to drop it. Your sentinels should cost 120 points and if you drop another palsma from the CCS you can give the PCS a chimera and arm them with all flamers.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another worthwhile use of points would be to enclose both Medusae. I find Stormies go okay with 2 Plasma guns, it makes them much more effective against a unit of Terminators just in case you find yourself in that situation.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

yeah str3 ap3 are just a step above uselessness plasma is ok, or even melta if you drop them around enemy tanks
    I don't use Vendettas or Valks...if Guardsmen were meant to fly, the Emperor would have given them wings. (343rd Mordian)
    The battle for Hidaxes SubSector (Listwar)! 184th Cadian blog: 184th.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks again for the help, I pretty much just changed the stormtroopers to plasma/melta because of the cost of the blister, i didnt wanna spend the extra 40 dollars just so i can have 2 meltaguns instead of plasmaguns for my stormtroopers, but i think they are pretty good anyway. Also, I have a question about the stormtroopers wargear, it says they have a hotshot lasgun, hotshot laspistol, and a ccw. The Codex doesnt specify whether the pistol is only for the sergeant, or if the sergeant has a lasgun or not, unless there is a FAQ for this, what do you guys do for this, even though they will most likely never live long enough to get into cc or survive through the enemeies most likely higher initiative either. However, on page 95 of our codex ( the stormtroopers page) it says the sergeant may exchange his laspistol and/or lasgun for the bolpistol/boltgun... etc.

But besides that I think my army list is very solid and I will start buying some stuff to make my way to the 1500 mark, and then probably 2k then stop. I was wondering if Valkyries and Vendettas are worth anything as transports, because I was thinking of dropping the sentinels altogether for my list in place of some other fast attack options like Hellhounds or Vendettas/Valks. Also, Ive been reading some posts around the forum and was wondering why no one uses the Psyker Battle Squad, are they really bad or do people rather just have more artillery.
    Last edited by Abrb; June 23rd, 2011 at 02:13.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Storm Troopers are equipped with both a Hellpistol and CCW, giving them +1 A in CC, for a total of 3 on the charge! Its just that the Sergeant is able to exchange his for other upgrades like you mentioned. In my opinion, the Hellgun is better than a Boltgun anyway. They are also all equipped with the Hellguns.

+ Reply to Thread