>3000 2000pt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000pt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt

CCS
    x4 plasma
    Chimera ml/hb

PCS
    x4 gl
    Primaris Psycher
    Chimera ml/hf

Iinfantry Squad x2
    AC x2
    gl x2
    Commie

Vets
    x3 meltaguns
    chimera ml/hf
    (x3)

Stormies
    x2 melta
    Chimera ml/hf

Vendetta

Bane wolf

Scout Sents
    AC
    (x2)

LRBT
    hf

Manticore
    hf

Demolisher
    hf

55pts to spare what should I do? I could swap the sents for a second vendetta leaving me with 5pts to spare.

Or take out the stormies and sents and replace with a 4th chimelta and a vets squad w/3gl in chimera ml/hf

comments welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Good. 3 Plasma and a standard may be better to keep the platoon happy.

Troops: PCS is fine, 4 flamers could be fun too. Platoon squads should drop the commisars. If you often blob them together then one is a worthwhile investment but in a 10 man squad the points aren't worth the benefit when you could buy another squad for the cost. Vets are great.

Elites: Deepstriking vets are ok but meltavets are better if you use them mechanised.

Fast. Fine, take door HB if you have points left over. A 3 flamer SWS may be good to go in the skimmer. Add smoke to the banewolf.

Heavy: LRBT - Add hull HB and consider plasma sponsons. Demolisher should go for hull lascannon. Manticore is great.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the Stormtroopers' job? imo, Stormtroopers in a Chimera with Meltas are outperformed by a vet squad doing the same. Stormies are better at being on foot and saving the Chimera cost.

PCS GLs are ok, but imo GLs are better with ACs in squads freeing PCS to take stuff like flamers, especially since theyre in a chimera.

Why the Bane Wolf? What role do you want it to fulfil? I dont see the Hellhound variants as that great, except the Hellhound itself with hull MM after some good posts on it recently.

What is the role of the Sentinels, what do they want to achieve? If its a role worth keeping, add one more.

I definitely think you can optimise here; drop/change the Banewolf, play with the Stormtrooper unit and up your armour presence or add a new squad. Also Master of the Fleet is just awesome for scenario play as is Astropath, especially if you have two reserves already in Sents/Stormies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Calmdown

I was thinking the stormies could scout their chimera to a choke point at the beginning of the game. Also at 2000 pts I wasn't sure if 3 chimelta vet squads would be enough melta. What do you think I don't normally use stormies, should I swap for another vet chimelta squad or is 3 enough and spend points elsewhere?

For the PCS, I like giving them 4 flamers, but I'm keen to try out the 4 GLs paired with the shooting from the Primaris psyker, in a midfield position, the chimera gives them protection and mobility.

I used to run with a hell hound, and have a lot of respect for it for what it's good at. But I play a lot of marines and got annoyed that they kept getting their saves. So I switched to the banewolf for my fast anti infantry and its been amazing. Any MEQ or TEQ rushing for my lines, or hiding in cover e.g longfangs gets a pasting. Moving 12 and shooting both weapons counting the chem cannon as defensive and HF as the main one is great. Also, it is one of the anti TEQ choices in the army along with the plasma CCS and the demolisher. They also all are effective against other targets as I'm sure I don't need to explain. I'm keen to try the Hellhound MM combo, but not in this list unless others think its worth it?

The Sents are there as a tarpit, extra transport killing, extra tactical options with their ability to scout and move through cover. They have played a key role in most of my games. I run between 1 and 3 depending on the rest of the list. I could take a 3rd, please advise

I could swap the stomies for something else in chimera or other vehicle, sorry I should of said I don't like playing with reserves or out flankers if I can help it I like scouting and starting with everything on the table. I know with regimental advisors it makes it safer, but I just don't feel comfortable putting my strategy in the hands of reserve/outflanking dice rolls….unless I think there is danger of a traffic jam I suppose.

@ Madcat

I'm tempted by swapping 1 plasma gun for a regimental standard, that means I could take away the commie, but it also means I risk loosing the tactical option of going forward. I've played many games without the commie and keeping the squads separate, it works well using ‘bring it down’ when targeting transports and then FRFSRF what comes out. But I got fed up of watching them run away. I've played a few games of combining the 2 Infantry squads and with the commie, their staying power has greatly increased.

Yes to the smoke on the banewolf, and I like SWS in vendetta but I dont like squads to be too suicidal, but hey they are cheap so maybe. I dont like sinking points on Russ sponsoons, and sometimes take LC on the front of the LRBT, but HF has really served me well, because at some point in most games, the enemy will assault the LRBT and the HF has saved my skin.

Thanks for the responses

+ Reply to Thread