<1000 1K Crowe Purifiers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1K Crowe Purifiers

Grey Knights are awesome and I want to make sure im not wasting money on terrible purchases.
    Crowe
    Librarian with MoT, Shrouding, The Summoning or Quicksilver, Daemonhammer - 170 points
    10x Purifiers with 2 Hammers, 5 Halberds, 4 Psycannons + Rhino - 380 points
    10x Purifiers with 2 Hammers, 5 Halberds, 4 Psycannons + Rhino - 380 points

Only thing that Im thinking I should change is change the Librarian to a Vindicare, because I have basically no Anti Tank besides Might of Titaning a Squad and charging the tank. If I did that then I could also give Psybolts to one squad of Purifiers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

You have plenty of Anti-Tank with the Psycannons.

That said.... It's a bit vanilla. Vanilla can be a good thing, but if you ever plan to play against people who play a lot, they'll know how to deal with crowe lists.

What I like with Purifiers, is taking Razorbacks with Psybolt ammo, and combat-squadding up the Purifier squads. 5 Guys go in the Rhino, another 5 (with 4 psycannons) play back field.

If you dropped the Librarian, you could upgrade each squad to a razorback for the aforementioned combo, and then pick up an inquisitor with a conversion beamer and Power Armour to sit back with the purifiers. If you were so inclined, you could take a warband /w 3 plasma cannon servitors and some guardians in it.

Basically, you lose the Librarian, gain 6 TL S6 shots (with psybolts on the razorback), get a 3 wound character with a solid weapon, and a durable warband that can lay down punishing low AP fire that GKs need badly (if you feel like being spicy, you can put a jokaero in here and get a nice upgrade, dropping the PA on the inquisitor would free up the points for this.).

Crusaders are easy conversions from plenty of sources (Chaos Warband with Chaos regalia filed down from Fantasy battles is where I got mine from). Servitors are easy to get (especially with plasma cannon arms), and there are even jokaero models available. Even if you don't like the idea of the suggestion , give it a test game. Once your warband squad drops 3 plasma templates on a squad of terminators from across the board, you'll giggle as a 70 pt squad downed 200+ points worth of models.
    Last edited by cKerensky; June 27th, 2011 at 02:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fail, 2DH, 5 Halberds, 4 Psycs per squad = 11... what you dropping to make 10 in each? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you cKerensky for the input, I never really looked at the inquisitors as an HQ choice, I dont really know why but meh. I decided to drop a Daemonhammer from each purifier squad to make them legal. So with that i have 190 points if I drop the Librarian. I used 20 points to upgrade to Razorbacks with Psybolts and made a Henchmen warband to accompany the Inquisitor, I dont know if I should take the Jokaero or not.

Crowe
    Inquisitor with Conversion Beamer - 70 points
    +Henchmen - 105 points
    3 Servitors with Plasma Cannons
    +Razorback
    10x Purifiers with 1 Hammer, 4 Halberds, 4 Psycannons + Razorback - 338 points
    10x Purifiers with 1 Hammer, 4 Halberds, 4 Psycannons + Razorback - 338 points

So, This is what I came up with, the Henchmen ditch their Razorback and give it to Crowe so he can have some fun and they just sit back and shoot with their blast weapons.
    Last edited by Abrb; June 30th, 2011 at 16:26. Reason: Sucks at math redit points values for Purifiers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

Looks good. Give it a few games and let us know how it works out for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you can give the henchmen a J to up the units abilities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im actually 20 points over with this list, but whatever i just dropped psybolts for the Razorbacks and 2 halberds, one from each squad. But, I played a game vs Nids yesterday and he had a tyrant with two (brainleech) guns and wings, he pretty much charged with that like 40 gaunts and a tervigon but whatever he threw at me I just got out of the razorbacks and used them as shields, tank shocking the gaunts as much as possible and Crowe destroyed the gaunts really fast with cleansing flame and his ability that makes him hit every unit near him. Also, Crowe died to their tyrant but passed his psychic test for Heroic Sacrifice(Idontevenknowifihadtodothisornot) and killed the tyrant with him. I think that hes good in very low level point games but once you get to about 2k+ then it seems his abilities go down a very steep hill.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

Just a question re the conversion beamer. If you are going to put the Inquisitor in the transport with the servitors (to prevent mindlock) is there any point to have the beamer? I've never used one, but it would seem they are best utilised from deep in the back field and driving forward would just drop the potency of the beamer. Is this assumption incorrect?

BTW - yes, you do have to roll for Heroic Sacrifice, so you did well.
    "The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

crowe works well in low point games, but he becomes a contingent in high point games

played a 2.5k with crowe and he didnt do as well as he did in a 1.5k game

also the heroic sacrifice is really effective so try and get crowe in combat with enemy characters, use the 10 I attack and cut them to shreads

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatara View Post
    . Is this assumption incorrect?
    It's correct, but the Servitor weapons are heavy weapons anyway, so you have to sit still to use them. Any transport I buy for them (USUALLY razorbacks or Chimeras) get jacked by Grey Knights, or are used as fire support (though chimeras more often than not are taken)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast