<2000 1750 pts Daemon Hunters - Old collection/new list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 pts Daemon Hunters - Old collection/new list

Hello All.

I've recently dusted off my 40k, and figured out that I can combine my IG and GK armies of yore into a new 1750pts DH list. So I'm submitting it here to see if anyone has some input for me. All advice is welcome.

HQ

Cortez
    -100pts

Brother Captain Stern

Troops

GK Termies (6)
    Psycannon
    Daemon Hammer
    Psybolt Ammo
    MC Weapon
    -290pts

GK Strike Squad (6)
    Psycannon
    1x NF Sword
    4x NF halberd
    Psybolt Ammo
    MC weapon
    -175pts

GK Strike Squad (6)
    Psycannon
    1x NF Sword
    4x NF halberd
    Psybolt Ammo
    MC weapon
    -175pts

INQ Henchman
    1x Mystic
    11x Warriors
    9x HS Lasgun
    1x Meltagun
    1x Powersword + Plasma Pistol
    -109pts

INQ Henchman
    1x Mystic
    11x Warriors
    9x HS Lasgun
    1x Meltagun
    -109pts

INQ Henchman
    1x Mystic
    11x Warriors
    9x HS Lasgun
    1x Meltagun
    -109pts

INQ Chimera
    Extra Armour
    Searchlights
    Multi-Las +Heavy Bolter
    -71pts

INQ Chimera
    Extra Armour
    Searchlights
    Multi-Las +Heavy Bolter
    -71pts

Heavy Support

GK Dreadnaught
    Extra Armour
    Searchlights
    Missile Launcher
    Twin-Linked LasCannon
    -166pts

GK Dreadnaught
    Extra Armour
    Searchlights
    Missile Launcher
    Twin-Linked LasCannon
    -166pts

TOTAL - 1741

Thanks Everyone!

40K:
    1500pts GK - WIP
    Warmaster:
    2000pts Skaven 0/4/0 I'll get there enventually
    Fantasty:
    2000pts Khorn 20/4/2 - Retired

"I have a new ship, i'ts called the Lollipop." "I have no Information on that ship" "It's new, just been commissioned, It's a good ship!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Welcome back to the game!

First things first, I'll just go down in order....

Rule number 1: For every 5 men in a GK squad, take 1 daemon hammer.(Almost) No exceptions.

Corteaz: Good.
    Stern: Bad. He was bad last codex, and pretty much retained his craptacular nature this codex.

Termies...should be ten man squad. If not a 10 man squad, drop psybolt ammo. It isn't worth the points unless you've got a 10 man unit (and even then, it's only worth it if at least 8 of the guys in the squad are going to make use of it). Termies are great. Learn to love them. See above comment about daemon hammers. If you go 10 man, give 'em 2 psycannons. Cause seriously, psycannons are awesome.

Strike squads. Should be either 10 men, or "none" men. You've got a ton of infantry already, so you don't technically need these. What I suggest: Drop Stern, take Crowe, and take one squad of purifiers with 4 psycannons, 4 halberds, and 2 Daemonhammers. Saves points, much more effective for this sort of list (16 psycannon shots from one squad ain't nothin' to sneeze at brother!)

Ahh, henchmen. Since you're using IG, the HS Lasguns are fine (really, they're quite nice), though you should invest in a Jokaero for each squad. Their weapon upgrades can make these decent units even better. Also: Each squad can have 3 warrior acolytes with special weapons. Max these out! (Healthy mix of Plasma/Melta here). Plasma Pistol/Power Sword, you're probably using models you already have, but it is not really a good use of points. A better use is a Crusader, which costs less than the setup you're giving that guy, has a 3+ invul AND a power weapon to boot. Apply high S shots here.

You've got Chimeras, solid, though I'd say drop the heavy bolter and put on a heavy flamer. You want your Chimeras advancing, so use the flamer to roast suckers when your multi-laser gets blown off.

As for the Dreadnaughts, there are two variants here that work, either the Rifleman Setup (Two Twin Linked autocannons) or my favourite, the Rainman Setup ( Twin Linked Autocannon/Assault Cannon). Either choice, you give psybolts to (S8 Autocannon shots? Yes please. S7 Assault Cannon shots? Darn skippy).

I'm sure I've missed something, but your list isn't far off. Just tweaks here and there, really. It's good to see another =][= player!

+ Reply to Thread