<2000 2000 points with Draigo - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 points with Draigo

Draigo with 5 Pallies is my insurance for blowing up monstrous creatures and other assault units

HQ
    Draigo

Elite

Troops
    5x Paladins - 325 points Total
    1x Psycannon w/ Falchions
    1x Psycannon w/ Daemonhammer
    1x Falchions
    1x Sword
    1x Halberd

5x Grey Knights - 170 points Total
    1x Psycannon
    1x Daemonhammer
    Razorback with Psybolts

5x Grey Knights - 170 points Total
    1x Psycannon
    1x Daemonhammer
    Razorback with Psybolts

Fast Attack
    10x Interceptors - 300 points Total
    Psybolts
    2x Psycannons

10x Interceptors - 300 points Total
    Psybolts
    2x Psycannons

Heavy Support
    Dreadknight - 230 points
    PT
    GS

Dreadknight - 230 points
    PT
    GS

2000 points Total

Fixed my list after seeing a very very big issue with it, Purgation Squad cant have chimeras so, that kind of screwed me over. The Dreadknight being naked honestly makes them just as effective as if they had a melee weapon, they are just a distraction for the rest of my army. Now, I can either keep this list or change the dreadknights to get psyflemandreads/vendreads. either way i just need some guys to soak up some damage, in my opinion the dreadknights do better just because they can tie up massive shooty units in cc and demolish vehicles, especially if they get daemonhammers.

Last edited by Abrb; July 1st, 2011 at 19:18.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Unfortunatley you cannot take a chimera for the purgator squad, also I would drop 2 halbers from each GKSS and upgrade their transports to razors with psyammo, this gives you 3 TL S6 36" range shots from the roof instead of 2/4 S7 at 24". The range could be a deciding factor.

Apart from that everything looks fine, but I would consider starting Draigo/Paladins on the field to help keep your other squads/transports alive, as they will draw alot of fire.

Regards,

-the-white-lizard-
    Last edited by -The-White-Lizard-; July 1st, 2011 at 02:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good list

have to agree with white lizard

if it were me though i would get rid of the vindicare and go for a callidus, she just works well and her special attacks allow her to take on elite units

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K so I made alot of changes to my list, made all rhino razorbacks with psybolts and i changed the vindicare and the purgation squad to two dreadknight with only PTs, i got rid of the halberds on the GKSS and I think i can lose the Hammers on the Interceptors and give them to the dreadknights, who will make much better use of them.

Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

I like the look of it now, no cheesy spam, I would actually enjoy playing with it and against it. You also seem to have a game plan with it, so all I can say now is good luck! and happy gaming!

*Probably just use the 5pts to MC a psycanon on the paladins.

Regards,

-the-white-lizard-

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

Looks pretty good. Though, I'd probably drop the Banner and one of the hammers in the Paladin unit. The banner is only really effective in larger squads, usually GKT. Drop a MC somewhere and use the points for a GreatSword on one of your Dread Knights.
    What makes 40k fun is that sometimes, if we do it just right and lady luck smiles on us, rock will kick the **** out of paper. And thats the way it should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright so, I dropped the banner and the mastercrafts from the paladin unit and the hammers from the interceptors and gave both DKs greatswords and the paladin unit one more pair of falchions. I think this is probably the best i can get with being able to keep the interceptors, I could actually drop both GKSS and get 5 more paladins but I think the variety that I have now is better than that. Now the strategy is pretty much get up in my opponents face with the SS and DKS the Razorbacks shield for the paladins to move up and the SS get out and block for things. Honestly, what can Draigo and his scoring Paladins not do, besides move around quickly without a land raider or stormraven? The reason i dropped the hammers for the interceptors is because there really is no point, they can outrun anything and I dont want them to be in cc ever, opposed to the DKs who only are supposed to wreck things in cc and vehicles/other MCs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x1)

I like this list alot it seems like it would flow well with the exception of Draigo and the Pallies. The reason i say this is because its the slowest unit on the table, but its your deathstar unit. Since the FAQ i would take the Falchions off the psycannon and put in another Halberd, saves 5 points and it makes your keep a I6 unit intil the end.

This may sound crazy but lets take a page from the Ork hand book. Take the PT off the NDK and give them Heavy Psycannons. Put your NDK infront of Draigo and the Pallies and March up the table, if they want to take down your deathstar they are going to have to get thru 2 NDK. This will give all of your Pallies a coversave, you said you were using your NDK as fire magnets. Now they are a walking wall of Psycannon doom. If you make room for a Librarian then you cast shrouding and walk with a 3+ cover.

~Syko
    Last edited by Sykodmon; July 3rd, 2011 at 18:26.

+ Reply to Thread