<2000 2K vs Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2K vs Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

2K vs Orks

I am going to be playing against orks. This is the list I have so far. Thank you for the help.

HQ
    Grandmaster/Rad Gernades
    Brotherhood champion

Troops
    GKSSX10/halberdsX8/psycannonX2

Elite
    PurifierX9/halberdsX4/incineratorX2/hammer/sword/Falchions
    PurifierX9/halberdsX7/incineratorX2/hammer
    Heavy
    Dreadnought 2XTLAC/ psybolt ammo
    Nemesis DreadKnight/heavy incienerator

Total 1549 points

Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like a strong list

purifiers are an excellent choice due to there powers

things that i think you should add

give a hammer to each of your squads (remove one halberd)

get a techmarine with an OS as blast weapons against orks is very effective and most ork tanks have low AV

get rid of the champion and get a lib with warp rift, low I values on orks will allow you to take out handfuls or boyz

give your units some rhinos or razorbacks for some transport or just cover

other than that the list is great

if you could post your tactics and what ork army you might be versing, it would allow for better advice

Senior Member -The-White-Lizard-'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Yes if you have any idea what you will be facing it would help us out a little. After looking through your list and taking into account all the varieties of ork armies, these are the changes I would make:

- Change the Incinerators out of the Purifiers for Psycanons, I know a torch looks nice going up agaist orks, but to be honest cleansing flame and power weapon attacks will cut through them like a hot knife through butter. In other words just taking the purifiers negates the need for incinerators, besides it would not be advantagious to burn to many and just miss assualt range.
    - The 80pts you have invested in the GKSS for halberds is not necessary, most orks will be hitting you last anyway.
    - Seeing as you have 450ish points left and will be on foot, and I have nothing against footlsogging armies, I suggest dropping the BC and taking crowe, just to free up 2 elite slots.
    - Take a Vindicare to snipe those pesky power klaws, and the old git with the force field.
    - Agree with Orkynid about hammers in your GKSS you must have 1 just incase of dreads/cans.
    - And last of all definately consider dropping the GM for a Librarian with sanctuary, this power alone can break an ork assualt before its even begun. GM is a solid choice however but would also like to see Psychotroke on him.

Just my thoughts,

Regards,

-the-white-lizard-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Thank you for the replies so Far. I might be facing a ork list with transports(that is my best guess). This is a league game and there are some rules. No named characters and no assassins, the second only if I am fighting in two areas and I alone get the assassin.

I think I will make the incinerators into psycannons. I was going to run a GM and a Libby but changed the Libby to a Brotherhood Champ. The reason the SS have halberds is because they are the old models. I agree that I need a hammer in each. That will happen when I buy more SS.

Can I buy a rhino/razorback for a 10 man SS knowing that I will combat squad them? If so I would love to have razorbacks.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

Yes can definately buy a transport, knowing that you will combat squad (honestly with your list on foot, I would just get another purifier unit, screen with your GKSS's and counter with the purrifiers).

I had a feeling you were using the old models, if that is the case, then not much you can do - and besides halberds are by far the best CC weapons we have, so against other armies can be a tactical advantage.

If you are to be facing a heavily transported ork list, then psycanons will be your best friend, get as many of these as you can fit in to the list.
    With limitations on what you can and cannot take there is not too much help we can offer except to say good luck, and let us know how you went.

Regards,

-the-white-lizard-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

better safe than sorry, so go with psycannons over incins or have a combo

most ork tanks have low AV so a psycannon can cause havoc

as an old ork player so helpful tips in fighting the green tide

1. never ever ever get assaulted by large mobs, has the same results as nyds, your armour saves wont be worth anything against 40 attacks or more

2. orks dont have many ranged weapons so concentrate on lootas, meks and bikes

3. orks are fearless in large mobs, have a good turn or two for shooting them down to a proper size before charging

finally watch out for grots, most ork players take them for holding obejctives but a cunning lad will use them to flank and shoot you from the rear (yes their shots are weak but its quantity over quality)

good hunting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x1)

Along with the great suggestions above, maybe make one of your dreanoughts venerable and Bring another dreadknight. That way your opponent has 2 big nasties to take tons of Loota and shoota shots while your razorbacks and rhinos move up. If anything take them barebones, maybe a personal teleperter, if they survive they can hold up a big squad of orks until you get some support. Orks dont like toughness 6 with a 2+ save, sure the Claw will be hidden but once the purifiers arrive orks seem to vanish.

~Syko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

This is the list for the game. After wards I will give a list of what he had and how the game went.

HQ
    Grandmaster/Rad Gernades,MC sword
    Librarian/Sanctuary,Warp Rift.MC sword

Troops
    Razorback/TLAC,psybolt ammo
    Razorback/TLHB,psybolt ammo

Elite
    PurifierX9/halberdsX4/psycannonX2/hammer/sword/Falchions,psybolt ammo
    PurifierX9/halberdsX7/psycannonX2/hammer,psybolt ammo
    Heavy
    Nemesis DreadKnight/heavy incienerator,Heavy Psycannon

His list went something like this.
    Warboss on bike
    4 or 5 nobs on bikes
    1 forcefield ork
    Def dread
    1 squadron of killa cans
    Truckk with death roller
    5 mods with 30 orks each

SO it was 160 vs 43 looked like a fair fight. The game was objectives(3) 1 in each deployment zone and one 12 inches from his almost in the middle. Spearhead. There was a hill in the middle and four hedges( two on each side of hill with the other two opposite. He had first turn and I stole the initiative. Game was last Friday and i just came back from vacation, this is all from memory First turn he lost his def dread to my rifleman dread. and I started to move my unit up. He moves his army with no shooting. His hole army was made for melee, Most of the game he moved and I shot. His warboss and nods got shot up but made it to melee with a combat squad of SS. I won combat by killing off all of his guy but for the war boss. The next round saw my justicar die to perils of the warp. His boss kept moving to contest my objective. Cleansing Flame works wonders on 30 man units. My Purifiers were the unit of the game. I would CF them and then assault them. Which worked out in my favor threw out the game. Some where in the 3rd round other people in the league started to show and became haters of the GK. For the record no one in the store until I showed played GK. They thought GK are over powered for what they can do. My thought was wait until I play your army and see what I can do to you .In the end I had both my rzorbacks one missing its HB PotW, My dreadknight full health, both dreads a full squad of purifiers with libby and two combat squads of SS. He had the ork with force field and a mob of 30 orks. I lost the game by a 1/4 inch. It would have been a draw. Over all it has to be one of my op two games ever played. The best part was that neither the other player or I had any complaints about the game. All of the complaints came from the ones watching.

Thank you all for the advice for my list and tactics against orks. You ll rock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

Always a pleasure to help a fellow GK brother achieve victory. If you need any help with tactics etc against anyone else in the league just let us know and we will be glad to help.

Regards,

-the-white-lizard-

+ Reply to Thread