<1000 1000pt tanith (sticking to fluff) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt tanith (sticking to fluff)

Right im sticking to fluff the best i can but to make it an army that works ive included a few vehicles.
    ill bracket the reasons next to the choice.

HQ
    Lord commisar (ibram gaunt). camo cloak, carapace, power weapon > 100

Elites
    Guardsman Marbo (modeled as Mkoll)

Troops
    Veteran Squad. Forward Sentries, missile launcher, flamer > 120 pts
    Veteran Squad. Forward Sentries, missile launcher, flamer > 120 pts
    Veteran Squad. 3 meltaguns, Chimera > 155 pts (Chimera and meltas.. well chimeltas are fun)

Infantry Platoon
    Pcs. Autocannon
    2Infantry Squads. Autocannon

Heavy Weapon Squad. 3 missile launchers

Special Weapon Squad. 3 snipers > 300pts total

Heavy Support
    Leman Russ Bare (got a nicely converted one i want to use) >150pts

1000pts

Well thats it, the tanks will be painted a different colour to show there on loan from an armored company...

C&C wanted..

Join The Imperial Guard, Visit exotic places, meet strange people, then kill them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about the rest of the list but there are two things i would like to point out.

1.) Flamer and a launcher is good fluff-wise but in gameing terms will not help you out much. they are vets, triple flamethrower it up.
    2.) If you want to go with snipers then use 5 Ratlings insted of the special weapon squads. For the same price you will have 2 extra snipers, and they will have a better BS skill and Infiltrate and Stealth which is better fluff-wise as the Tanith snipers are some of the best of the best. Just tell whoever you are playing they count as Ratlings and most people will be cool with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Soul View Post
    2.) If you want to go with snipers then use 5 Ratlings insted of the special weapon squads. For the same price you will have 2 extra snipers, and they will have a better BS skill and Infiltrate and Stealth which is better fluff-wise as the Tanith snipers are some of the best of the best. Just tell whoever you are playing they count as Ratlings and most people will be cool with it.
    Alternatively, you can take 3 Sniper Rifles in your vet squads. I do this regularly and am often impressed with the 15 point investment. Snipers are underrated and 3 of them at BS 4 can do quite well, albeit against specific targets. I would drop the ML HWS and the Sniper SWS as mentioned above. This would free up another 140 points to allocate to other more efficient options. I would also drop Carapace armour on your Commissar if its not essential to the fluff. The amount of times your Commie will be out of cover and being hit by an AP 5 or less weapon at the same time is negligible. A Lascannon on the LRBT would also be nice. My suggestions anyhow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're set on the SWS, use 3 flamers and a demo charge. I seem to remember from one of the Gaunt books that one guy would toss his flamer pack full of promethium and the sniper would blow it up, aka demo charge. That might be what you're talking about with Marbo though, so if so, ignore this.
    General Van Rensaler
    Commander of the Cadian 713th
    "The Sledgehammer of the Emperor"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Van Rensaler View Post
    If you're set on the SWS, use 3 flamers and a demo charge. I seem to remember from one of the Gaunt books that one guy would toss his flamer pack full of promethium and the sniper would blow it up, aka demo charge. That might be what you're talking about with Marbo though, so if so, ignore this.
    A plausible setup, but as far as i'm aware the best you could do in a SWS would be 2 Flamers and a Demolition Charge. Not 100% sure as my Codex happens to be in my car, but i think the rules state 3 Guardsmen must be equipped with... and a Demo Charge eats up one of those slots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have wondered that myself actually. Looking at the codex now...

Yep, that's the way I read it, 2 flamers and a demo charge. Not quite as much punch in that squad as I was thinking.
    General Van Rensaler
    Commander of the Cadian 713th
    "The Sledgehammer of the Emperor"

+ Reply to Thread