<2000 2K Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons (Grey Knights Codex) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    It came from the warp... Fleeting Ęther's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

2K Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons (Grey Knights Codex)

==HQ== Grand Master - 195 (Ahzek Ahriman, Chief Librarian)
    ---Rad Grenades, Blind Grenades
    Librarian - 180 (Phosis T'kar, 2nd Fellowship Captain)
    ---The Shrouding, Might of Titan, Warp Rift, Quicksilver, Sanctuary, Servo-skull
    ==Troops==
    10 Grey Knight Strike Squad - 240
    ---2x Psycannon, Psybolt Ammunition
    10 Grey Knight Strike Squad - 240
    ---2x Psycannon, Psybolt Ammunition
    ==Elites==
    10 Grey Knight Purifier Squad - 260
    ---2x Incinerator, Psybolt Ammunition
    ==Fast Attack==
    Stormraven - 205
    ---Twin-Linked Multi-Melta, Twin-Linked Assault Cannon
    Stormraven - 205
    Stormraven - 205
    ==Heavy Support==
    Dreadnought - 135
    ---2x Twin-Linked Autocannons, Psybolt Ammunition
    Dreadnought - 135
    ---2x Twin-Linked Autocannons, Psybolt Ammunition

Total - 2000

This is my list so far for my Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons force, and aside from the force weapons on all the soldiers, I've got decent fluff justifications for all of the non-fitting stuff in the list.

Grand Master - Ahriman is a member of the Covidae cult, and as such has the ability to read the strands of the future and interpret the best course of action. This ability is well represented by the "Grand Strategy" and "Psychic Communion" special rules.

Psybolt Ammunition can be excused with the combination of the Athanaeans, (Telepaths who can red minds, and speak to others psychically,) the Corvidae (precognitives, as explained above,) and astartes reflexes enhanced allowing the warriors of Magnus to more accurately place their shots at their enemies weak points.

Psycannons - The destructive powers of the Pyrae (Pyromancers,) and the Pavoni (Psychics who can burn their enemies alive, boil their blood, suck the wind from their enemies lungs, and many other gruesome feats,) and the Raptora (Telekinesis.)

Purifiers - The entire Pyrae cult, which are all Pyromancers, able to create and manipulate fire in a multitude of ways.

Stormraven - Stormhawk Transports

The main dilemma I'm having right now, is that Mortis pattern Dreadnoughts, (which the Psyfleman dread is,) did not exist before the heresy. I'd like to use one or two of the new Contemptor model Dreadnoughts from Forgeworld in my army as they are gorgeous models and existed Pre-Heresy. The question is, what what I be arming them with? From what I can tell, most Pre-Heresy Dreadnoughts were armed with either a Twin-Linked Autocannon, a Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter, or an Assault Cannon for a ranged weapon, and they all had at least one close-combat arm. I was thinking that an Assault Cannon with Psybolt Ammo would probably be the best single weapon choice on a Dreadnought since Mortis pattern dreads are never shown in the entire Collected Visions book from which I'm drawing usable weapons/options from the artwork.

Last edited by Fleeting Ęther; July 17th, 2011 at 13:53.
    Scratchbuilding Fire Prism Crystals
    2K Mech Eldar in 2010: 25Win/4Lose/8Draw

+ Reply to Thread