<2000 Salamanders 2000pt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salamanders 2000pt

HQ
    Vulcan xxx
    Brayarth Ashmantle (ven Ironclad special char from IA ten) xxx

455pt

Elites
    5 Assault Termies TH/SS, LRR with MM 450pt
    2x Ironclad dread meltagun, HF, Droppod 360pt

Troops
    10 tactical Melta, MM, powerfist, droppod 235pt
    10 tactical PG, PC rhino 215pt
    10 scouts sniperrifle, Telion 190pt (not sure about this, seems useful but not very salamanderish)

Total 1905 pt

Vulcan goes with the termies in the redeemer, pods with dreads and meltatoting tacticals drops in and blow shit up, plasmatacticals and scouts for fire support. Brayarth walks up the field looking menacing. (Not so sure about him, his lack of transport will probably limit his use. For 1500pt games he will definitely go) The list lacks long range antitank but its supposed to up close and personal list.

Suggestions for the 95pt left over? Swithing the redeemer to a Crusader and adding 2 more termies? Or find the points for some heavy support or another tacsquad?

All suggestions are welcome!

Last edited by Dr_Moreau; July 31st, 2011 at 19:10.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Errm they are both good but I think you should drop one of them. You arent using vulkan to his full uses as no that much of your army uses his abilities. He could easily be dropped. the dread needs a drop pod but I don't think he can take one. have yoyu thought about the larger drop pods in the forgeworld IAVol2 lists?

Elites: Perfect. Iron clads could be replaced by standard dreads with MM+HF if you need to save points.

Troops: I agree ditch the scouts for another tac squad. MM armed razorbacks can be fun with a vulkan list.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x5)

I agree with Mad Cat, grab the Lucius Drop Pods for your dreads for 15 more points each. They may not have a weapon on them, but you can assault the turn you come in. You may also consider taking a LRC instead of the LRR, as the LRR does not benefit from Vulken and with the LRC you can still move 6" and fire everything if you need to. It also give you a little extra ranged fire power for when you are trying to close in on your opponent & it can hold more terminators if you wanted them. You may also consider giving Brayarth Ashmantle a Lucius Drop pod if he can take one (i think he can) and then give one to another tac squad. This way all 3 of your dreads can drop and assault turn 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't have IA2 so I haven't seen the Lucius Drop Pod, but it sounds nice. But I hesitate to bring to much of IA stuff, Bryarth can easily be dropped if an opponent objects. And he don't have any options for a drop pod sadly.
    Sure I can build a list to maximize Vulcans twin-linked rule but I fear that may seem to cheesy. Still have plenty of flamer and meltas. But I could ad another tactical squad with meltas in a pod instead of the scouts? Or maybe even some devastators? Dont have any heavy support!
    Might switch to a LRC, it's just that a redeemer seems more appropriate for a Salamander army.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x5)

Here is the update for IA2. The Lucius Drop Pod is on page 8 of the PDF. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Download...pdate28AUG.pdf
    also "A Dreadnought Drop Pod is a dedicated transport choice for any type of Space Marine Dreadnought in Space Marine, Dark Angel, Black
    Templar, Space Wolf and Blood Angels Armies, please refer to the appropriate codex." I would assume that because it states 'any type of space marines dreadnought" it should work for Brayarth Ashmantle also. :-)
    Last edited by Col. Dracus; July 29th, 2011 at 22:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, thats good to have!
    According to RAW it should work with Bryarth since he is a dread. Not sure if I want to use it though, being able to assault on turn one for 15 pts more seems a bit unfair to be honest. Especially if used with Bryarth. But we'll see, if I loose enough maybe I'll use them :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an alternative to Bryarth I could switch to a Chaplain in terminator armour (love that model), but then I don't know what to do with Vulcan.
    Option number to which might be the most competitive list would be dropping Bryarth and the Land Raider and adding a Librarian in terminator armour with Gate of Infinity for mobility. Locator beacons on the pods would increase the odds for a successful deep strike. Don't know what to do with Vulcan though. Maybe Vanguards in a pod?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

196 (x5)

From the couple games I have played with the Assault Drop Pods, they have not made a huge difference as either the dreads die the next turn or they get tied up in melee the whole game, so I have not seen a huge advantage at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucius pattern drop pod for ashmantle!!!! Its even more dirty than my blood talon dreadnought in one... i was on the recieving end of ashmantle... i was thinking th whole game "and i thought my furiosos were bad"

oh yeah also you should pop smoke before charging into a combat with a dread tht u know your going to win, that way you have a chance of survival... of course if u end up tied up in combat thn its a waste of smoke...

i just realised one of the guys down my club has a salamanders list almost exactly liek this exept for the use of lucius drop pods... your not called peter perchance are you? lol ... no you cant be he uses sternguard with combi meltas in a drop pods lol nvm.
    Last edited by cypher371; August 2nd, 2011 at 04:32.
    Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No not Peter :-)
    Was tempted by Sternguard but I like Dreads. Might by some though, nice models and I'm sure they are good ingame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast