<2000 Inquisitor army mech heanchmen , second try need advice! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inquisitor army mech heanchmen , second try need advice!

So as I said in my last post a couple of months back I like radical ordo malleus, sinister figures with deamonweapons and chained deamons but still fighting the enemies of mankind! So here goes a radical inq army with no Grey knights (well almost, dreadknights will be moddeled as possesed by a deamon)

HQ
    Coteaz (sadly the only way to make a Inq style army. I want a pure Inq codex! Will be replaced by DIY inq with deamonblade in friendly games)
    Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Hellrifle, Power armour, 3 servo skulls
    57pt

Troops

7 Death cult
    4 Crusaders
    1 Deamonhost
    Chimera transport ML, hull heavy flamer
    230 pt

7 Death cult
    3 Crusaders
    1 Deamonhost
    With Coteaz in the Land raider
    160 pt

5 Warriors 3 with melta
    Chimera ML, HF
    105 pt

5 Warriors 3 with melta
    Chimera ML, HF
    105 pt

5 Warriors 3 with melta
    Chimera ML, HF
    105 pt

3 Servitors with Plasma Cannons
    2 Jokaero
    1 Deamonhost
    Second Inq with hellrifle here
    Chimera, ML, HF
    195pt

Elite

Vindicare assasin
    145 pt

Heavy support

Land raider redeemer psybolts, psyflame, multi melta
    275 pt
    Dreadknight Greatsword, incinerator, teleporter (Greater deamonhost)
    260 pt
    260 pt

Total 1997

So what do you think?
    1. Are the barebones meltawarriors in the chimeras good or should I replace some/all with a psykersquad? 6 psykers in a chimeara is 115pt. Or kit the squad differently, maybe ad bolter or stormbolter warriors? Are stormbolter worth it, one more shot for 2 pts seems nice.
    2. The servitors, should I ad some crusaders for protection? Maybe drop the chimeara for points? Or ad warriors with boltguns or stormbolters for ablative wounds and extra shootines?
    3. LRR is it worth it with the uppgrades, psyflame and psyammo? Maybe switch to a crusader?
    4. Dreadknights are expensive but should pose a great threat to pretty much everything and probably draw alot of fire from the rest of my army so I think they are a good choice?

Al comments are greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

I think it looks quite good, my only suggestion would be to kit the second =][= out for combat and run it with the DCA unit instead of Corteaz, he is more of a defensive buff, put him with the Plasmacannon unit to stop deepstrikes close by and give them some protection from assualts.

*Poke*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

Cool idea old bean. Couple of things: Not sure I would have 3 servitors and 2 Jokaero with the Inq as that means one of them don't get to shoot if they are inside the Chimera. Also agree with your idea about dropping one of the units of warriors with meltas and replacing it with Inquisitorial psykers. I also love using the Inquisitor with Daemonblades, but then you need to put him in with a CC squad, which would mean probably swapping him and Coteaz around. That would then solve the first issue I raised a bit (but he won't be able to let his cyber eagle attack).

Just my 2c.
    Last edited by Tuatara; July 22nd, 2011 at 08:41.
    "The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas." - Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good advice! So I switch Coteaz with the second Inq which I give a deamonblade instead of the Hellrifle. Drop one jokaero and deamonhost so everybody can fire from the chimeara and switch a meltasquad to a psyker squad. This will give 35 points to play with, suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as melee goes, i would just switch to Crusaders all the way, they dont have the initiative or the attacks, but they have a 3+ invuln and power weapons, so no saves. Plus, they're the same price as Death Cults, so a higher probability of death with each, but a lower ammount of attacks. But, this is coming from an almost pure GK player, who tries to minimize any saves an enemy army can take.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver1990 View Post
    As far as melee goes, i would just switch to Crusaders all the way, they dont have the initiative or the attacks, but they have a 3+ invuln and power weapons, so no saves. Plus, they're the same price as Death Cults, so a higher probability of death with each, but a lower ammount of attacks. But, this is coming from an almost pure GK player, who tries to minimize any saves an enemy army can take.
    If I'm taking a CC squad, I take half DCAs, half Crusaders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I think I'll keep the DCA's, possibly increasing the number of Crusaders. Thanks for the advice. And please keep it coming!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

*Pokes the Crusader lovers*

To be honest, and to go against everything everyone has said here about crusaders, I would drop them from this list. Take the DCA units as 6x DCA 5xWA 1xDH, this will free you up enough points to take a techmarine with radnades to accompany the 2nd DCA unit, the addition of Hammerhand and Rads will far outweigh the benefits of the crusaders. The WA will do the job of the crusaders perfectly fine, being ablative wounds for a third the price of the crusaders.

Im not trying to say that the Crusaders are rubbish, but I feel you will benifit more from adding in the techmarine without loosing much in return. As for the secondary =][= if you can give him grenades to run with the first girly unit than do so.

*Poke*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes a grey knight techmarine is useful, but I realy wan't to make a pure inq army. Maybe run him as a renegade techpriest. Quite nice models... :-) One other thing, is it a good idea using a Chimera as a bunker for the servitors and Jokaero? Or drop the chimera and maybe ad some warriors with stormbolters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So another list with some changes, no crusaders, no chimera for servitors, add warriors and techmarine

HQ
    Coteaz
    Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Deamonblad, Power armour, 3 servo skulls, psyker Hammerhand
    87pt

Troops

6 Death cult
    4 Warriors
    1 Deamonhost
    Chimera transport ML, hull heavy flamer
    Techmarine here
    171 pt

6 Death cult
    4 Warriors
    1 Deamonhost
    With Inq in the Land raider
    116 pt

5 Warriors 3 with melta
    Chimera ML, HF
    105 pt

5 Warriors 3 with melta
    Chimera ML, HF
    105 pt

6 Psykers
    Chimera ML, HF
    115 pt

3 Servitors with Plasma Cannons
    2 Jokaero
    1 Deamonhost
    6 Warriors bolter
    Coteaz here
    170pt

Elite
    Techmarine, rad grenades (renegade techpriest)
    100 pts pt
    Vindicare assasin
    145 pt

Heavy support

Land raider crusader, multi melta
    265 pt
    260 pt
    260 pt

Total 1999

Not entirely convinced that dropping the crusaders is a good idea, what do you think?

+ Reply to Thread