<2000 1850 Haunted Knight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

1850 Haunted Knight

What I'm playing with right now:

HQ
    Grand Master Mordrak
    5 Ghost Knights - Brotherhood Banner, 4 Halberds

TROOPS
    10 Strikes - Psybolt Ammo, 2 Psycannon, Justicar - Master Crafted Nemesis Daemon Hammer
    Rhino - Dozer Blade

10 Strikes - Psybolt Ammo, 2 Psycannon, Justicar - Master Crafted Nemesis Daemon Hammer
    Rhino - Dozer Blade

Rhino - Dozer Blade

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Land Raider - Multimelta

Nemesis Dreadknight - Heavy Incinerator, Nemesis Greatsword, Personal Teleporter

------

If I'm playing a Pitched Battle or Spearhead mission and going first, I like to Scout the Dreadknight to get a possible Alpha Strike; if going second, I can outflank him. The Grand Master and his friends ususally Deep Strike into area terrain near my opponent's objectives and prepare for the inevitable assaults, or just go to ground for the 2+ cover save until it's time to make my move on their flag. If I go first, the 3 Strike units move quickly into a 24" killzone, withering my opponent's infantry into breaking or death; I usually only fire at light vehicles if they can shred my infantry quickly (Dark Eldar Voidravens), or if they are carrying a squad that will easily defeat my infantry in combat (Wave Serpents with Howling Banshees). Warp Quake has proved invaluable against regular Tyranid opponents using the Doom of Malan'tai and Trygons; it's really the reason I use Strikes over Purifier units (that and Crowe is pure trash ).

I'm considering breaking the Strikes into 5 units of 5, with Lascannon Razorbacks, to boost my long-range firepower. The Land Raider is great for fire support, and transport space when one of my Rhinos is destroyed, but I feel like long range is what I'm lacking right now.

Any thoughts or criticisms? Thanks in advance!

2H - LEGIO HYDRA

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A suggestion that was given to me, and makes sense. Anytime you use Mordrak you should be looking to alleviate the pressure he will be seeing from his 1st turn DS. The scouting Dreadknight will help but that is only 2 threats that your opponent will have to deal with on turn 1. One or the other will get picked off for sure, and possibly both. I run Mordrak with a squad of 10 interceptors, combat squaded, so far. I am refining the list I use and can't decide whether to use 10 more interceptors or a Dreadknight. Either way with scout for Mordrak my opponent should be facing a minimum of 3 threats, possibly 4 or 5, depending on Grand Strategy roll and whether I choose interceptors or dreadknight. This is also at 1500 points. The key to Mordrak is 1st turn saturation, and overrun.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

You want fire support? Drop the land raider for 2 psyfleman dreads. But really, what Karnaj said. Mordrack and friends could use a little help.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

+ Reply to Thread