<2000 2 Fast 2 Deadly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Fast 2 Deadly

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Fast 2 Deadly

Ok guys I got a ton of great feedback from my other list. I took it to heart and came up with a different approach. Please, tear this list apart. I want to know what I am doing wrong and how best to improve in my point level.

HQ

Mordrak - 425
    5 Ghost Knights
    Brotherhood Banner

Ordo Xenos =][= - 45
    Combi-melta
    Ulumeathi Plasma Syphon

Troops

Terminator Squad x5 - 300
    Thawn
    Psycannon

Terminator Squad x5 - 200

Fast Attack

Interceptor Squad x10 - 300
    Psycannon x2
    Psybolt Ammo

Heavy

Nemesis Dreadknight - 235
    Personal Teleporter
    Heavy Incinerator

Total - 1505

Well, I'm 5 points over. Hopefully that's not a big deal. The key to this list is speed and getting in quick. Mordrak is a 1st turn, perfect deepstrike. Add the =][= to his unit and I have a 1st turn melta, anywhere on the board. Plasma Syphon adds a little more protection to the termies under Mordrak, as plasma is one of their bigger fears. Termie squad w/Thawn will be objective holders. Thawn should make it very difficult to claim an objective instead of just contesting it. Interceptors and DK will put most of my force in the opponents face turn 1, along with Mordrak, saturating them with units in assault or close range.

My fears. Is the 2nd Termie (naked) squad a good choice? Should I go for GKSS instead? Is it a bad idea to leave them naked? Should the =][= go to free up points to gear up whatever other troop choice is used? I like the idea of Thawn as a objective holder, as he is a pain, so is there any other way of freeing up points besides him? Oh, and really Brotherhood Banner is really only effective on Termie squads of 10 and Ghost Knights (since they multiply) as the more units you have the better for the price. Hence the reason I put it where it is, on the unit that will be in assault on turn 2 in most occasions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: With your perfect deepstrike I would take an incinerator if you can. Will you be able to deepstrike with a character that doesn't have the deepstrike ability? You may have to buy the =][= terminator armour or foot slog him with a troop choice. Rad grenades is a good upgrade for the inquisitor too.

Troops: Be nice to get a psycannon for both squads. Apply 1 hammer, 3 halberds and 1 sword to each squad of 5.

Fast: Add a hammer on the justicar

Heavy: Fine.

To free up points drop the banner or the =][=
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

I agree with MC, the =][= cant deep strike, so you need terminator armor which is on Malleus, so no Plasma syphon.

If you need to make up points remove a Ghost knight or 2. you can get them for free so why pay for all of them, i would however take off the Banner.

I personally would remove the Incinerator from the NDK and give him a sword its 5 points less and it makes sure the few strikes it gets count every round.

+ Reply to Thread