<2000 1850 coteaz wing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 coteaz wing

A mate at the gaming group i go to would like to get feedback on his coteaz list but hes too lazy to make a account with lo so i'm posting it

HQ

coteaz ;-100
    his non foc unit -2 jakereo, 3 plasma cannon servitors, 4 psykers ;-170

ordo xenos =][= with conversion beamer ;-70
    his non foc unit -2 jakereo, 3 plasma cannon servitors, 4 psykers ;-170

Elite

Vindicare assasin ;-145

Troops

7 psykers ;-70

7 psykers ;-70

12 deathcult assasins ;-180
    chimera, extra armour ;-70

heavy

psyrifle dreadnaught ;-135

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I would double check with the FAQ but I think Corteaz means all henchmen become troops so you wouldn't get your non FOC units. Weather an extra =][= then grants you one more unit outside the FOC is another matter.

HQ: Good. I would prefer the =][= with rad grenades making the DCA into killing machines especially if you then upgraded him to psyker with hammerhand. Still Fire support with jokero is good too.

Troops: What happens with a perils on the psykers? They all die. Better to add a single warrior with bolter so you don't loose a scoring unit or kill point for rolling double 1 or double 6. DCA need 1-2 crusaders mixed in to take hits on. I would also like to see 3 meltagun warriors in each unit too to give you a dual role. Extra armour can go if you need more points.

Elites: OK.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

Agreed, drop the DCA units down a little, get in some melta to pop those transports, add a few Acolyte bodies to the psykers, and preferably some chimera for them and your set.

In your fridge (your taste in food is tasty!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, since your friend is using plasma servitors he should try to squeeze in 2-3 Skulls with his Xenos Inq. Very good for the scatter buff and area denial for a very small price.
    There is no "I" in "team", there is an "I" in "pie" however, as in "Meat Pie" with "Meat" being an anogram of "Team".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't understand the point of view regarding the warbands -they are an elites choice period nowhere in the entire book does it state you can only include them if a inquisitor is present.

The text under their elites choice heading is actually well worded for a games workshop publication, there is no obscure easter egg hidden in their- for every inquisitor you take you may include a non foc warband thus a all inquisitor army that did not include coteaz could have up to 5 warband units allowing you in essence to field a all inquisitor army with grey knight allies remanisent of the old grey knight codex albeit not as flavourful as it used to be

Lastly coteaz makes them a troops choice yes but it does not state that doing so erases their entry text in anyway all that changes is their heading of elites

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBurton View Post
    I really don't understand the point of view regarding the warbands -they are an elites choice period nowhere in the entire book does it state you can only include them if a inquisitor is present.

The text under their elites choice heading is actually well worded for a games workshop publication, there is no obscure easter egg hidden in their- for every inquisitor you take you may include a non foc warband thus a all inquisitor army that did not include coteaz could have up to 5 warband units allowing you in essence to field a all inquisitor army with grey knight allies remanisent of the old grey knight codex albeit not as flavourful as it used to be

Lastly coteaz makes them a troops choice yes but it does not state that doing so erases their entry text in anyway all that changes is their heading of elites
    It states quite clearly in Coteaz profile (page86 of the GK codex) under Lord of Formosa

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warbands are Troops choices in an army that includes Inquisitor Torquemada Coteaz, and are not limited by the number the number of Inquisitors in your army

This does not state that henchmen can be taken as Troops but simply that they are Troops choices instead of only being able to one warband per inquisitor you can now take up to 6 Troops choices worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah okay i take back what i said before about it being well worded that does indeed impley they are restricted so now i suppose the group will have to discuss the matter of warbands AGAIN argh dammit you don't get this kinda crap with warmachine

In your fridge (your taste in food is tasty!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe this was FAQ'd as well

"Q.Taking Inquisitor Coteaz in your force turns Henchman Warbands into troops choices. Does this mean that they take up a force organisation slot and can no longer be taken as an elites choice?

A. Yes to both questions" - From the FAQ.

EDIT: Also in the FAQ

"Q. Can you only take an Inquisitorial Henchmen warband if you have an Inquisitor in your army?

A. Yes, you can take a maximum of one warband for each Inquisitor (unless you take Inquisitor Coteaz)."
    Last edited by Xirmant; August 19th, 2011 at 00:18. Reason: Adding extra info
    There is no "I" in "team", there is an "I" in "pie" however, as in "Meat Pie" with "Meat" being an anogram of "Team".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i only found out that gk have a faq already last night but i was too tired to log on and find out what was in it -4 pages for a first print faq is nuts and there are still things that wern't answered and alot in there that was total bs like walkers being scoring vehicles and dreadknights not being able to use the doomfist cuz its not a walker blah...

Back on topic yep yep i was completely 100% wrong unfortunately this torpedoes my own plan for a non coteaz =][= army and thomas is gonna have to find a way to rework his list so he doesn't end up with a entire warband worth of wasted models ugh i still stand by my warmchaine comment privateer press actually cares about its fanbase

hmm I wonder if his inquisitor army would actually be better done from the imperial guard list wat do you think?

+ Reply to Thread