<2000 2,000 Point List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputation
    1547 (x8)

2,000 Point List

I'm playing a 2 on 2 battle each of us get 2,000 points. It is Imperial Guard vs Chaos Demons and Chaos Space Marines.

My list

HQ 240 points
    Company Command Squad x2 (In Chimeras)
    8 Plasma Guns
    2 Plasma Pistols

Elite 315 points
    Storm Trooper Squad x3 (Deep Striking)
    6 Melta Guns

Troop 780 points
    Veteran Squad x6
    18 Plasma Guns
    6 Plasma Pistols
    2 Missile Launchers

Dedicated Transport 440 points
    Chimera x8
    16 Heavy Flamers

Fast Attack 225 points
    Armored Sentinel x3
    3 Plasma Cannons

My partners list

HQ 240 points
    Company Command Squad x2
    8 Plasma Guns
    2 Plasma Pistols

Troop 140 points
    Veteran Squad x2

Dedicated Transport 110 points
    Chimera x2

Fast Attack 160 points
    Scout Sentinel x4
    4 Autocannons

Heavy Support
    Leman Russ Battle Tank x9

What we are going to do is mainly sit back and fire away at targets.

Last edited by nacho cheese; August 15th, 2011 at 23:26. Reason: For some reason when I posted it didnt post my lists

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

if you plan to sit back and fire, where are all your heavy weapons?
    I don't use Vendettas or Valks...if Guardsmen were meant to fly, the Emperor would have given them wings. (343rd Mordian)
    The battle for Hidaxes SubSector (Listwar)! 184th Cadian blog: 184th.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputation
    1547 (x8)

9 tanks and 7 sentinels are not enough?
    Last edited by nacho cheese; August 16th, 2011 at 02:44.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

looks not to me, sadly. How do you deal with AV14 (three stormy teams aren't enough)?

anyway, if you really want to enjoy shooting chaos, i'd consider the possibility to swap the 9 LRBT for 7 executioners (the plasma russ): 21 small plasma blasts against marines and daemons? hell yeah!
    I don't use Vendettas or Valks...if Guardsmen were meant to fly, the Emperor would have given them wings. (343rd Mordian)
    The battle for Hidaxes SubSector (Listwar)! 184th Cadian blog: 184th.blogspot.com

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

There are two vet teams with nothing!? Why choose 140 points worth of good shooting and not give them any guns?
    Ifyou are going to sit back and shoot both the lists can't to put it bluntly. Everything is short ranged you have the chimerae with flamers IMO the multilas is a lot better especially if you get immobilised. For a sit back and shoot army I'd expect heavy weapons in blob squads. Heavy weapons squads possibly some artillery as well.

The lists could do with some work but if these lists are what you are taking I'd change your tactics.
    Go for trying to divide off units and mow them down with several plasma squads.
    Going back to the multilas point the flamers lose out so much especially against deamons. They always get their save so you need lots of shots and a high strength with AP being less important.

A

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

The 2nd list is incredibly inefficient. The first is suboptimal.

You can expect 1-2 turns of shooting vs a chaos demon player maximum, before he hits almost anything he wants with an assault. Demons are mean because they are all high T, have invuln saves, and are immune to ID. To deal with this you need volume of fire and the ability to wound T6. AP doesn't matter against CD. Ablative units that fall apart in CC are a potential defense. You might also search for one of the many bubble wrap tutorials on the forum. In the absence of solid deployment with a decent bubble wrapping those tank squadrons will be toast.

CSM fight pretty much like any other marines, with fewer models and some tricks.

List 1 looks like it's aimed at MEQs. PC armed Armored Sentinels are way overpriced. I've save a few points and run them with multilasers, or autocannons as a worst case. Armored sents shine as a tarpit unit, if you're using them for anything else, go with scouts instead. Trade at least half of the plasma out for melta. It's cheaper, it ID's plague marines and it will improve your odds against heavy armor. between that and dropping one stormtrooper squad, you will be able to afford a Demolisher.

List 2 is just out there. It's greased up and in its gimp suit for CD. Naked vet squads are wasted points. More accurate flashlights is nothing to fear. Vehicle squadrons will be meat to demon assaults. This list needs a complete rethink to focus on more discrete units with high volume str 6+ shooting.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

+ Reply to Thread