<1000 500pts competitive hybrid list, need help with last few points!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500pts competitive hybrid list, need help with last few points!!!

I will be entering a 500 points tournament soon and I need some help tweaking my list!

At the moment the list is:

CCS: 125
    2 melta guns
    chimera: Hull heavy flamer and multi laser

Veterans: 155
    3 melta guns
    chimera: Hull heavy flamer and multi laser

PCS: 45pts
    Grenade launcher and Auto cannon

IS: 65pts

IS: 65pts

This leaves me with 45 points left, i tried using an infantry Commisar with power sword and blob the platoon but it was a waste of points as my guys were never gonna win in close combat!

I have played 2 practice games, one vs orks and one vs blood angels, both were a draw. my offensive units (CCS and Veterans in chimeras) performed really well in both games, either taking objectives or light armor hunting with meltas. very reliable units!

The problem i found was that the infantry platoon got butchered in close combat each time and it didn't seem to pump out enough fire power to stop the enemy from reaching it (too many orks and too tough blood angels). Like i said before i tried a commisar with power weapon and blobing the squads but it didn't really help ):

I would really like to keep the infantry platoon as it does allow me to sit on an objective or tow near my deployment zone and also prive some long range fire power when needed, i just need to know how to make them more survivable, esp in close combat
    !
    Please comment on my list, rip it apart if you want! i won't mind i'm going into this to win!

"Giving a battle speech to a platoon of imperial guardsmen, and ordered them to fix bayonets, and charge a squad of genestealers. If they believed in the Emperor, they could do it. I don't think they believed enough"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Doing a platoon list at 500 is hard, they really need CCS orders to shine. If your platoon is getting assaulted a lot, swap out the GL for flamers, the extra hits will depress the attackers a bit more, before they get to grips with you. The Commissar will help with making orders stick and keep the blob in place. I'd also suggest dropping the meltas in the CCS for grenade launchers The extra range will be helpful as will the extra shots.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice (:

Just one question, if i get rid of the Meltas in the CCS wont i be lacking in anti tank?
    "Giving a battle speech to a platoon of imperial guardsmen, and ordered them to fix bayonets, and charge a squad of genestealers. If they believed in the Emperor, they could do it. I don't think they believed enough"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by FatBoyNoSlim View Post
    Thanks for the advice (:

Just one question, if i get rid of the Meltas in the CCS wont i be lacking in anti tank?
    It's less comfortable vs AV 13+, but it's nearly impossible to get more than one such vehicle into a 500 point list and meet the 1 HQ and two troop requirement.

Grenade Launchers are assault 1 and have a 24 in range. That means you will get to move 6 and shoot 24 with 4 shots at str 6. This will pair nicely with your multilaser and help keep your opponents at arms length. Str 6 is a magic number as it woulds MEQs on 2s .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah I see that makes sense

Thanks again for the advice and for explaining it to me (:

You have really helped me make a base for my imperial guard army and your advice is really appreciated

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by FatBoyNoSlim View Post
    Ah I see that makes sense

Thanks again for the advice and for explaining it to me (:

You have really helped me make a base for my imperial guard army and your advice is really appreciated
    No problem at all, It's why we're here

+ Reply to Thread