<3000 2K Mixed wanting fun and comp??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2K Mixed wanting fun and comp???

hi guys,

got a games weekend coming up with a load of my mates and wanting a bit of advice on this list i have put together builds on my 1.5k list to lift it to 2k anyway any help appreciated

HQ

1x Grandmaster
    with rad gren and psy ammo
    this guy goes on reserve with the ten man termie unit

1x Inq
    psyker with force sw, psy communion and 3xskulls
    to deploy with a 5man purifier squad to tweak my reserve rolls and guide deep strike squads in using the skulls

Troops

10x gk terms
    2x psy cannon, 2x daemonhammer, stave, 7x halberd and psyammo (not sure on load out here to keep stave in or drop it for the banner?!??! like the idea of running this as a 10man unit)
    to stay in reserve and deepstrike in

10x gk ss
    2x psy cannon, MC daemon hammer on justicar, psyammo and razorback with psyammo
    to stay in reserve and deepstrike in, prob in 2x 5man squads to capture objectives

Elites

10x purifiers
    4x psy cannon, daemon hammer, 5x halberd and razorback with psyammo
    to deploy in 5man squads one squad in each razoback and the inquisitor with a squad without the hammer

1x vindicare assasin
    to deploy and snipe heavy weaps or my mates damned archon with his 2+inv

Heavy

1x nemesis dreadknight
    with H incinerator and great sw
    to deploy at start to give oppo something to think about

2x psy rifle deads
    with auto cannons and psy ammo
    can openers to bust open transports and demech as fast as poss

open to thoughts/suggestions also like the idea of 5man pala squad with apothecary, psycannon & hammer, psycannon and halberd, halberd and halberd on justicar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

If you more often than not keep the termies as a single unit, then dropping the stave for the banner is by far the better option, how ever if you combat squad them alot the banner is not really worth it. As for including the paladins, you would have to drop something fairly substantial to fit them in, what are your options? I dont really like the look of the Dread Knight in this list, as your opponent will most likely ignore it without the personal Teleporter...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx deathpoke, yeah agree on the teleporter on the DK fair point and on the pala's (cannot see how can fit them in tbo, will save them for 3k)

could drop out the vindicare, which would allow me to add a teleporter to the DK, add a plasma syphon on the inquisitor (paranoid my mates 10man man SW plasma squad spam may turn up) and mince my 10man term unit, throw in the brotherhood banner on my 10man term squad, leaves me with 35pts left over??? maybe psyammo on the purifiers and psychotroke on grandmaster or rad/psycho on the inquisitor???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here is the revised list after dropping the vindicare to get the teleporter on the DK, not sure in points usage on GM though

HQ

1x Grandmaster
    with MC force sw, rad & blind gren, psy ammo and skull
    this guy goes on reserve with the ten man termie unit

1x Inq
    psyker with force sw, psy communion, plasma syphon and 3xskulls
    to deploy with a 5man purifier squad to tweak my reserve rolls and guide deep strike squads in using the skulls (and save 10man term unit from plasma nasties)

Troops

10x gk terms
    2x psy cannon, 2x daemonhammer, stave, brotherhood banner, 6x halberd and psyammo
    to stay in reserve and deepstrike in as 10man squad

10x gk ss
    2x psy cannon, MC daemon hammer on justicar, psyammo and razorback with psyammo
    to stay in reserve and deepstrike in, prob in 2x 5man squads to capture objectives

Elites

10x purifiers
    4x psy cannon, daemon hammer, 5x halberd, psyammo and razorback with psyammo
    to deploy in 5man squads one squad in each razorback and the inquisitor with a squad without the hammer and prob 3 psycannons

Heavy

1x nemesis dreadknight
    with H incinerator, great sw and teleporter
    to deploy and shunt at start to give oppo something to think about

2x psy rifle deads

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Note that you can't deep strike in Combat Squads. You can only combat squad at deployment if deployed, barring something that overrides this (eg, Drop Pods). At least this was my interpretation, after reading through the relevant FAQ several times. Also note that a 11-model termie squad has a HUGE footprint when deep striking - even with servo-skulls, the risk of mishapping is high. Also importantly, the Plasma Syphon only affects shots fired FROM within 12" of the carrying model, not AT things within 12". Very important difference.

Edit: And the second Razorback belonging to the Strike Squad would have to deploy in front of the Purifiers and then have them embark on it, rather than deploying with them in it, as it is a Dedicated Transport to a different squad.
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for that stradius saved me a red face some key things there i had not picked up on ;p

take it list is ok so long as i dont make a boob lke u pointed out, termie wise plan was to bring them down and run to spread before start advancing and shooting (plan was to bring them in a bit later on reserve rolls willing)

Quote Originally Posted by Stradius View Post
    Note that you can't deep strike in Combat Squads. You can only combat squad at deployment if deployed, barring something that overrides this (eg, Drop Pods). At least this was my interpretation, after reading through the relevant FAQ several times. Also note that a 11-model termie squad has a HUGE footprint when deep striking - even with servo-skulls, the risk of mishapping is high. Also importantly, the Plasma Syphon only affects shots fired FROM within 12" of the carrying model, not AT things within 12". Very important difference.

Edit: And the second Razorback belonging to the Strike Squad would have to deploy in front of the Purifiers and then have them embark on it, rather than deploying with them in it, as it is a Dedicated Transport to a different squad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

Stradius's point is still valid 10(11) man term squad is about 6.5 inchs across at its longest point comming in. Unless you play with very little terrain you will end up hitting something, especially late game trying to land near something. Deepstriking is best left to smaller squads.

If you remove Psyammo from all the infantry units it will free up enough points to have 2 5man purifier squads each with a dedicated Razorback (w/psyammo on both), and just give the GKSS a rhino so they can all ride and not worry about them deepstriking. Without the benifit of Psyammo the terminators can also be split so their DS foot print wont be so big. Or you can foot slog a squad of them behind your tanks with the psycannon poking around the side or in between the tanks shooting as you go.
    Last edited by Sykodmon; September 4th, 2011 at 18:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here u go syko, tweaked the list accordingly:

HQ

1x Grandmaster
    with rad gren
    this guy goes with the ten man term unit and will try to make as many purifiers capture objectives as poss with grand strategy

1x Inq
    to deploy with the term squad to tweak my reserve rolls and guide strike squads in using the skulls (and save 10man term unit from plasma nasties)

Troops

10x gk terms
    2x psy cannon, 2x daemonhammer, brotherhood banner, 7x halberd
    to footslog behind the razorbacks

5x gk ss
    1x psy cannon, MC daemon hammer on justicar and razorback with psyammo
    squad to stay in reserve and deepstrike in to capture objectives, razorback deployed as cover for terms (may vary approach depending on mission)

5x gk ss
    1x psy cannon and razorback with psyammo
    squad to stay in reserve and deepstrike in to capture objectives, razorback deployed as cover for terms

Elites

5x purifiers
    2x psy cannon, daemon hammer, 2x halberd and razorback with psyammo
    to deploy in razorback

5x purifiers
    2x psy cannon, 3x halberd and razorback with psyammo
    to deploy in razorback

Heavy

1x nemesis dreadknight
    to deploy and shunt near skull at start to give oppo something to think about

2x psy rifle deads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wasn't quite happy so applied final bit of polish so now am good to go thx for all the help with this guys, i have much painting to do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbj666 View Post
    here u go syko, tweaked the list accordingly:

HQ

1x Grandmaster
    with rad gren and psy ammo
    this guy goes with the ten man term unit and will make purifiers able to capture objectives with grand strategy

1x Inq
    to deploy with the term squad to tweak my reserve rolls and guide strike squads in using the skulls (and save 10man term unit from plasma nasties)

Troops

10x gk terms
    2x psy cannon, 2x daemonhammer, brotherhood banner, stave, psy ammo and 6x halberd
    to footslog behind the razorbacks churning out 8str 7 and 18 str 5 shots

5x gk ss
    1x psy cannon, daemon hammer on justicar and razorback with psyammo
    squad to stay in reserve and deepstrike in to capture objectives, razorback deployed as cover for terms or for purifier combat squad

5x gk ss
    1x psy cannon, daemon hammer on justicar and razorback with psyammo
    squad to stay in reserve and deepstrike in to capture objectives, razorback deployed as cover for terms or for purifier combat squad

Elites

10x purifiers
    4x psy cannon, daemon hammer, 5x halberd and razorback with psyammo
    to deploy in razorbacks

Heavy

1x nemesis dreadknight
    to deploy and shunt near skull at start to give oppo something to think about

2x psy rifle deads

+ Reply to Thread