<2000 Draft concept loganwing 1850 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Draft concept loganwing 1850

I have not played space wolves, so this is a first attempt. This kind of list appeals to me as a way to have a smallish footprint and still remain somewhat competitive. I appreciate any feedback that more practiced folks might have to offer.

HQ:

Logan Grimnar

Njal Stormcaller

Elite:

Lonewolf: Chainfist, Stormshield, Fenrisian Wolf

Lonewolf: Chainfist, Stormshield, Fenrisian Wolf

Lonewolf: PW, Stormshield

Troops:

Wolfguard Pack (5)
    • Wolfguard in Terminator armor, Thunderhammer, Stormshield, Cyclone Launcher
    • Wolfguard: PA, Combimelta
    • Wolfguard: PA, BP, CCW
    Wolfguard Pack (5)
    Wolfguard Pack (5)
    Wolfguard Pack (5)
    Wolfguard Pack (5)
    Wolfguard Pack (5)

Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Frankly, this army doesn't have the mobility or survivability to compete as an elite army. It's also not helping that you're sinking almost a third of your points into a pair of massively overpriced HQs.

If you want a small elite army, consider the all terminator lists of the Grey Knights or Dark Angels, or the Sanguinary Guard of the Blood Angels. They're all solid options when properly built, albeit for different reasons.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by watchwood View Post
    Frankly, this army doesn't have the mobility or survivability to compete as an elite army. It's also not helping that you're sinking almost a third of your points into a pair of massively overpriced HQs.

If you want a small elite army, consider the all terminator lists of the Grey Knights or Dark Angels, or the Sanguinary Guard of the Blood Angels. They're all solid options when properly built, albeit for different reasons.
    Thanks for the feedback. Dark Angels Deathwing was another direction I've been considering.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeevil View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Dark Angels Deathwing was another direction I've been considering.
    It's a solid direction - an army of Terminators can take a lot of a beating, especially when they all have storm shields.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. Do dark angel termies count as troops? Or is it just grey knights. Cause termies counting as troops allow you to hold objectives and male make so u don't have don't have to spend points on shitty troops. Also land raiders or drop pods do help.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sare a pale en
    Do dark angel termies count as troops?
    It's unlocked by a special character...Belial, if I remember right. A local player does a Deathwing/Ravenwing DA list for fun, so he can have both scoring Termies and scoring bikes. He almost never has more than three models remaining on the table yet wins/ties about a third of his games.

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeevil
    I've thought the GK Codex would make a nice Terminator list (not referring to Paladins, either) but most GK players are so busy pushing the performance envelope towards Godhood that I've yet to see anybody try. You could go for it, IronWeevil...make a GK Terminator-based list without the endless min-maxing and prove it fun and effective. It'll certainly enable an elite, 'smallish footprint' type of army. And they do have the best-looking Terminator models at the moment.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    I've thought the GK Codex would make a nice Terminator list (not referring to Paladins, either) but most GK players are so busy pushing the performance envelope towards Godhood that I've yet to see anybody try. You could go for it, IronWeevil...make a GK Terminator-based list without the endless min-maxing and prove it fun and effective. It'll certainly enable an elite, 'smallish footprint' type of army. And they do have the best-looking Terminator models at the moment.
    No offense, but what is it you have against min/maxing?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

It's the way I think. I play more for fun than competitive play (although I do win the occasional local tournament) so the idea of bringing five identical Razorbacks with three identical Dreadnoughts, or an Imperial Guard army with only meltavets, Vendettas and Hydras, or a GK Purifier spam list, strikes me as uninteresting to either build or play. If ever I accept that list design is more important than skill and presentation, I'll sell my armies and play the video game.

Wargaming shouldn't be about "putting dice on target", however effective it may be. It should be about making armies with character and being able to play them in a number of different ways. You want to win, sure, but you don't need to let mathhammer make all of your decisions. Most of what I see in 40k now is units that are either "the one best value in the book, let's bring a lot" or designed to be Death in one context and Dead in all others...rock trumps paper trumps scissors. Ain't no soul in that, in my opinion, so I encourage players (veteran ones in particular) to experiment and be fluffy rather than focus on math.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

shrug, it takes all kinds.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

+ Reply to Thread